ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Every B1G AD was in favor of playing fall CFB season

“The Big Ten hopes to play a spring season, but details have not been disclosed by the conference, leaving all parties — coaches, parents and players — with lingering questions. Sources told 247Sports' Jeff Rabjohns and Brian Snowthat the Big Ten is eyeing a possible January start with games in domes.”

If this is the case, then that’s possible I guess, playing January games if they are played in Domes. That would give each and every game the perfect weather situations to play in. That part would be nice. I have no clue how the BIG 10 would go about doing that but I’d love to play every game in domes, honestly.

Not exactly surprising. Most folks all summer were more worried about higher level folks and governors/health officials.

Moos making headlines. Warren looking more and more like a tool. My 6 year old daughter played soccer today, how is that safer than college athletes playing football.

https://247sports.com/Article/Big-T...etic-director-was-in-favor-of-fall-150585984/
The more that comes out, the worse Warren looks. Unforgiveable to not let the AD and coaches voices heard by the Presidents. I can't figure out what Warren's motivation is if it isn't just to sink B1G sports. Very puzzling behavior.

“The Big Ten hopes to play a spring season, but details have not been disclosed by the conference, leaving all parties — coaches, parents and players — with lingering questions. Sources told 247Sports' Jeff Rabjohns and Brian Snowthat the Big Ten is eyeing a possible January start with games in domes.”

If this is the case, then that’s possible I guess, playing January games if they are played in Domes. That would give each and every game the perfect weather situations to play in. That part would be nice. I have no clue how the BIG 10 would go about doing that but I’d love to play every game in domes, honestly.
Unless they get a dome on Memorial Stadium lickety split, this scheme won't do much for the businesses in Lincoln. I say play the games in the university's stadiums and let people curse the commish while they freeze their asses.

If warren was truly just the mouthpiece of presidents who voted against a season, it’s hard to place blame solely on him for what’s happened.

If literally anything else took place, it’s impossible not to say the buck starts and stops at his desk, and anyone carrying water for him is a boot licker of the most egregious and pathetically cowardly sort. especially when his son is actively participating in a fall season as of today.

what a mess

Doesn’t playing in a dome make it worse? I thought outside was better than inside

F that.

Football is supposed to be played outside. Watch basketball if you just want soft indoor crap.

How about we play in the fall like rational people? January games are not a realistic option as indicated by the above statement quoted. It was a bone to throw to fans to shut them up and get them to react as you did. Not blaming you just mad they’d toy with us.

If warren was truly just the mouthpiece of presidents who voted against a season, it’s hard to place blame solely on him for what’s happened.

If literally anything else took place, it’s impossible not to say the buck starts and stops at his desk, and anyone carrying water for him is a boot licker of the most egregious and pathetically cowardly sort. especially when his son is actively participating in a fall season as of today.

what a mess
Warren never said ANYTHING that made anyone think he wanted or fought for a season.
He guided this ship into these waters, plain and simple.

Will we start our first game the same week the National Championship is played? And after our season is over, will they crown another one? The next time we play football will be in one year and that is not a given. Oh wait, the election will be over. January it is.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
There's 14 teams. Let's list possible dome sites:

Minneapolis
Detroit
Saint Louis
Indianapolis
Syracuse

Am I missing any?

You would maybe have to have some Thursday games along with Saturday. That's assuming no overlap with NFL. I honestly don't know their plan.

Sounds far fetched to me. Plus, a game in memorial with 20,000 fans sounds a whole lot better than Detroit with a completely empty stadium. You can't do a bubble with college students. Any scenario I run through in the winter/spring doesn't make sense.

While I am fine with Warren taking shit for this...Why didn't one of the AD's just send out an email with an invite to a zoom link to all the other AD's, Head coaches and Presidents.

I mean, if 5 year olds can be on zoom all day doing school, why can't these dorks get on zoom for 10 minutes and go "Yeah...so who wants to try playing in the fall?"

So let’s get this straight.Warren preferred to play in the spring starting the second week in January and in the mean time he is fine that his son is going to play football at Mississippi St this fall...

Doesn’t add up and looks more ridiculous when all the B1G AD want to have a fall football season..

Kevin Warren is looking like a fool by canceling the football season and being the first Power 5 conference to do so and he should be fired if the other Power 5 conference’s pull this off this fall..

While I am fine with Warren taking shit for this...Why didn't one of the AD's just send out an email with an invite to a zoom link to all the other AD's, Head coaches and Presidents.

I mean, if 5 year olds can be on zoom all day doing school, why can't these dorks get on zoom for 10 minutes and go "Yeah...so who wants to try playing in the fall?"
For all I know, Warren might be the worst commissioner in the history of sports, and a horrible human being who kicks puppies and pushes little old ladies down the stairs. But apparently there is a clause in Warren's contract that says upon his appointment, all Big Ten ADs and university presidents must forfeit their testicles.

Of course every AD wanted to play

this was a medical-legal decision and the presidents, after hearing the medical-legal information, decided the risk was greater than the benefit

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
There's 14 teams. Let's list possible dome sites:

Minneapolis
Detroit
Saint Louis
Indianapolis
Syracuse

Am I missing any?

You would maybe have to have some Thursday games along with Saturday. That's assuming no overlap with NFL. I honestly don't know their plan.

Sounds far fetched to me. Plus, a game in memorial with 20,000 fans sounds a whole lot better than Detroit with a completely empty stadium. You can't do a bubble with college students. Any scenario I run through in the winter/spring doesn't make sense.
I wonder if they'd look at playing any games at Northern Iowa if they aren't going to have fans.

Unless they get a dome on Memorial Stadium lickety split, this scheme won't do much for the businesses in Lincoln. I say play the games in the university's stadiums and let people curse the commish while they freeze their asses.

well, you know Lincoln is the San Diego of the Big Ten. A nice 40 degree Saturday in January would feel pretty good.

Warren never said ANYTHING that made anyone think he wanted or fought for a season.
He guided this ship into these waters, plain and simple.

I think you meant that he guided the ship into the rocks off the shore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
Of course every AD wanted to play

this was a medical-legal decision and the presidents, after hearing the medical-legal information, decided the risk was greater than the benefit

If they were afraid of lawsuits, then they must be terrified now. Their decision didn’t “legally” keep them safe, especially since we have contradicting statements about what took place in the meetings. Their medical judgement was based on a study that has since been “debunked” by two well respected cardiologists.

There is also proof that sports can be played. NHL and NBA have been extremely successful. MLB was a little rocky at first but has since pretty much stabilized and working. And if the NFL and colleges that do play are also successful then there’s more proof that the B1G made the wrong choice. Sure there is a threat that maybe games will be canceled or postponed and that’s fine, but to cancel a whole season was a bit much.

what is interesting is that I believe the meetings were via zoom. I wonder if they recorded such meetings as many are doing this and this would make the meetings easy to understand what took place.

I can’t see Warner making it out of this. Regardless of what side you are on, he showed extremely poor leadership.

What was the medical-legal information?

I have no idea

here is a direct quote from the USC Athletic Director

“In my view, no reasonable-minded individual could have listened to the facts presented by our medical experts and believed that we had any other option at this time,” USC athletic director Mike Bohn said in a letter to fans after the Pac-12 canceled its fall season.

There are equally strong statements on the other side arguing to proceed .. which means there is some degree of uncertainty

I suspect the BIG/PAC-12 presidents chose the path that, in their opinion, exposed them to the least legal risk

I have no idea

“In my view, no reasonable-minded individual could have listened to the facts presented by our medical experts and believed that we had any other option at this time,” USC athletic director Mike Bohn said in a letter to fans after the Pac-12 canceled its fall season.

There are equally strong statements on the other side arguing to proceed .. which means there is some degree of uncertainty

I suspect the BIG/PAC-12 presidents chose the path that, in their opinion, exposed them to the least legal risk

More imaginary legal risk ehh?

I have no idea

How much does Soros pay you to continually spew medical disinformation all over this board? Must be a great paycheck.

So B1G wants to play a “spring season”...that starts in January. Did Warren not learn the four seasons of the year in grade school?
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume he means "season in the spring semester", but that is too wordy.

Its beyond incomprehensible, isn't it? Literally no evidence exists that would suggest that sports present a greater risk of contracting this (or any) virus than lifestyles in general for the players or staff.
The risk I believe that they might perceive is having a player working out who might have undetected myocarditis. That's pretty easy to rule out if you're testing frequently enough. I said it 2 months ago. IF we were going to follow the test and quarantine model to play football this fall, we weren't going to have football. IF we treated this any differently than influenza which poses virtually the exact same risks to college age players, we weren't going to be able to play.

Reactions: WHCSC
How much does Soros pay you to continually spew medical disinformation all over this board? Must be a great paycheck.

posting a direct quote from an athletic director is posting medical disinformation?

I have no idea

medical-LEGAL experts, emphasis on legal....wonder why he left that part out....probably just to dumb it down for us unreasonable types

Reactions: dinglefritz
I have no idea

You have no idea, that's what I thought.

what in the heck are you talking about? Referring to Soros makes zero sense unless you have a Trumpian agenda.....This board isn't for that....(or is it?)

There's a legitimate argument for not having 85,000 fans packed like sardines in a stadium, yelling and spraying spittle all over one another, for nearly five hours.

There is zero argument for preventing 22 healthy young men from standing in a 1.32 acre field together. One trip to the grocery store will force you to come into contact with more people than a football game. The argument against playing sports is ridiculous.

The morning after Scott's press conference, James Franklin brought the dome idea up on Get Up with Mike Greenberg. This idea must have been floating around the BIG conference long before Frost's presser.

All they had to do was wait and see what the other conferences were doing. They've bungled this so badly by wanting to be "first".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT