ADVERTISEMENT

Report: B1G Leadership Purposely Kept Return-to-Football Talks Hidden

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
as usual, these brainiacs were clearly more concerned with themselves and their messaging than they ever were for student/athlete wellbeing, intentionally skirting public record laws in their pursuit of grandiosity

each and every university president + B1G admin should never stop having rotten fruit thrown at them

I can't believe the comment about deleting an email to get around FOIA. Anyone with half a brain knows that everything is public fodder. Dumb dumb dumb and these are the people running our colleges.

This is not to stay they are wrong for using the platform, it probably has some useful tools and Green's comments were not inappropriate but sheesh, you put it out there, it is now public nitwits!

No, I think those presidents should have their asses handed to them on a platter with brutal beat downs. Not a smart move for them to show up to games as there are more fans then there is of them.

No, I think those presidents should have their asses handed to them on a platter with brutal beat downs. Not a smart move for them to show up to games as there are more fans then there is of them.

what?

I don't necessarily agree with them hiding shit, but the fact of the matter is using a third party was a pretty smart move. This stuff happened last summer, 8 months later you are finding out that what we all though all along was true. So what? That is like finding out that pro wrestling is choreographed and getting pissed at Vince McMahon because he didn't come right out and tell you.

Not sure what them showing up to games has to do with anything at all.

what?

I don't necessarily agree with them hiding shit, but the fact of the matter is using a third party was a pretty smart move. This stuff happened last summer, 8 months later you are finding out that what we all though all along was true. So what? That is like finding out that pro wrestling is choreographed and getting pissed at Vince McMahon because he didn't come right out and tell you.

Not sure what them showing up to games has to do with anything at all.

The pro wrestlers aren't paid with my taxes and aren't public officials. Do you think the Presidents have any duty or obligation to the general public?

• Love
Reactions: baseball31ne
The pro wrestlers aren't paid with my taxes and aren't public officials. Do you think the Presidents have any duty or obligation to the general public?

The pro wrestling analogy was in reference to people knowing what was going on but being “outraged” when the information is confirmed.

As far as if I believe these university presidents and athletic directors have a duty or obligation to the general public, not really. They get paid to represent and act on behalf of the University. I am not privy to their private conversations that they have amongst each other, the same outcomes could’ve been accomplished via cell phone and we would never know.

The pro wrestling analogy was in reference to people knowing what was going on but being “outraged” when the information is confirmed.

As far as if I believe these university presidents and athletic directors have a duty or obligation to the general public, not really. They get paid to represent and act on behalf of the University. I am not privy to their private conversations that they have amongst each other, the same outcomes could’ve been accomplished via cell phone and we would never know.
The law states you are privy, upon request, to private conversations between them, which is why this behavior is dubious.

You may disagree with the law, but that’s neither here nor there in relation to this specific incident.

They could have, but I don't think that they are supposed to. I think these Presidents have a fiduciary duty to the students and general public. I could be wrong here, but I see it as being similar to a city council and their open meetings. I don't think that they are supposed to be having these side conversations. I think the problem lies in the obvious intent to hide the important discussions on the issue. I'm sure this happens all over the place, but it does look like a violation of their duty.

The law states you are privy, upon request, to private conversations between them, which is why this behavior is dubious.

You may disagree with the law, but that’s neither here nor there in relation to this specific incident.
They could have, but I don't think that they are supposed to. I think these Presidents have a fiduciary duty to the students and general public. I could be wrong here, but I see it as being similar to a city council and their open meetings. I don't think that they are supposed to be having these side conversations. I think the problem lies in the obvious intent to hide the important discussions on the issue. I'm sure this happens all over the place, but it does look like a violation of their duty.

And with the number of attorneys these people have at their disposal, I would have to believe they ran this passed those attorneys for a legal opinion.

And with the number of attorneys these people have at their disposal, I would have to believe they ran this passed those attorneys for a legal opinion.
with the amount of hubris oozing from these peoples' pores, I wouldn't be surprised at all if nobody was consulted.

ADVERTISEMENT