ADVERTISEMENT

Replay TONIGHT: 1971 Orange Bowl

Nov 2, 2019
UNL is hosting a watch party from the 1971 Orange Bowl tonight at 6:30.

1971 Orange Bowl Watch Party!
Join us for a watch party of the Orange Bowl played on January 1, 1971! Tune in tonight, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. central time on the Huskers Facebook page for a replay of Nebraska’s first National Championship!

facebook.com/huskers
Thank you for your support of Nebraska Athletics! Go Big Red!

Just got done watching. Nebraska with a great defense. Huskers moved the ball well at times but man, Nebraska had some calls go they're way in the game. Fumble by Orduna that somehow NU retained possession and a obvious running into the punter by Willie Harper that wasn't called. Huskers make just enough plays down the stretch and held on to win.

Last edited:
I am. Brings back memories. I was a JR in HS. Jeff Kinney was from McCook where I lived at the time. Watched Guy Ingels dunk a BB at one those football players playing BB games in McCook. I think he was like 5'9" or maybe 5'10'. Forgot some of the names, and a 5'9' middle guard? Great times!

Notice our WR's in a three point stance!

Ever seen so many motion penalties? Things sure have changed. They used to measure for first down all the time. Not any more.

Love the face masks! We had those in HS as well.

Never had seen that game before. It was a treat. Okunda and Harper were a couple of horses! Tagge much faster than I ever gave him credit for. Johnny was electric. Just couldn't get consistently loose.

ADVERTISEMENT