ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when we were good?

Great football today...made me remember the days when we dominated. We used to be 'bama...it'd be nice to get back.
Better than Bama, that 95 squad was an animal of a different breed that Bama hasn't even seen or faced in any of their current championship years as in it's prime it would've laid waste to every one of Saban's championship teams and that is true.

Better than Bama, that 95 squad was an animal of a different breed that Bama hasn't even seen or faced in any of their current championship years as in it's prime it would've laid waste to every one of Saban's championship teams and that is true.
Hundred percent agree. Nobody ran the damn ball like we did or had the offensive line we had....it was a damn machine.

Unfortunately, the rest of the country caught up to our Strength & Conditioning program. Once we lost that advantage, and Osborne retired, there's nothing we can offer that any other Power 5 program can't.

It's going to take an incredibly innovative coach to resurrect this program.

Hundred percent agree. Nobody ran the damn ball like we did or had the offensive line we had....it was a damn machine.
That Blackshirt unit was super elite and had an extremely vicious and nasty attitude of I'm gonna kill you to go along a vicious brutal physicality unlike any team has seen today. That whole 95 sqaud was was super elite and that team wanted to leave no doubt to the point that they thrived against big name teams and was proven, the bigger the name the bigger the blowout. Just ask the Gators who were the recipients of the greatest blowout in a NC game in history that still stands to this day and they were ranked #2 and we blew out 4 teams that finished in the top 10 and 2 of them finished top 5. That team was the true masters of destruction.

That 2020 Bama squad has an argument.

13-0. Won every game but 1 by at least 15. Averaged 48 ppg. Wrecked Ohio State in the championship 52-24. A NFL record 6 first round draft picks. They’ve been dominating so long that it feels like more of the same, but that was a really damn impressive team.

Reactions: zrob

13-0. Won every game but 1 by at least 15. Averaged 48 ppg. Wrecked Ohio State in the championship 52-24. A NFL record 6 first round draft picks. They’ve been dominating so long that it feels like more of the same, but that was a really damn impressive team.
Thier 18 squad was better and came up short just like everyone of taking the place of that 95 squad. That 95 Blackshirt squad woulda wrecked that offense of theirs. 5 or 6 years ago, Saban was interviewed on a number of different topics and one of the questions he was asked was who the greatest team he has ever faced and his response was 95 Nebraska who he also said that he though was the GOAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

2019 LSU was better than 2020 Bama and they beat more rated teams to prove it that year..

Great football today...made me remember the days when we dominated. We used to be 'bama...it'd be nice to get back.
Yep. I didn't watch all of the games today, but from what I did see is how consistent the teams executed and how solid the special teams play was.

It's early December and the narrative of how good our offense was statistically is making me sick. Forget the stats! This offense didn't get the job done. There needs to be MAJOR changes. It's flat out stupid to send five guys out in patterns when every opponent knows that they can rattle the QB with a four man rush.

And judging by the special teams play, they must have working on that at the end of practice for 10 minutes twice a week after Frost and most of the starters left.

‘95 squad was indeed vicious. If you put that team in a time warp and they played today, half of the defensive unit would be sitting out games because of targeting calls. Even Nebraska fullbacks would be called for targeting.

Time warp these team now back to 95 and half their team would be in the medical tent.

Yep. I didn't watch all of the games today, but from what I did see is how consistent the teams executed and how solid the special teams play was.

It's early December and the narrative of how good our offense was statistically is making me sick. Forget the stats! This offense didn't get the job done. There needs to be MAJOR changes. It's flat out stupid to send five guys out in patterns when every opponent knows that they can rattle the QB with a four man rush.

And judging by the special teams play, they must have working on that at the end of practice for 10 minutes twice a week after Frost and most of the starters left.
Our offense absolutely stunk in the red zone and missing fg didn't help either

2019 LSU was better than 2020 Bama and they beat more rated teams to prove it that year..
They were definitely loaded and have an argument. He said bama specifically in his post so that’s why I argued for Bama.

1995 Nebraska
2001 Miami
2009 Alabama
2019 LSU
2020 Alabama

Are the top 5 of the last 30 years IMO. They all deserve to be in the discussion.

They were definitely loaded and have an argument. He said bama specifically in his post so that’s why I argued for Bama.

1995 Nebraska
2001 Miami
2009 Alabama
2019 LSU
2020 Alabama

Are the top 5 of the last 30 years IMO. They all deserve to be in the discussion.
2019 LSU team beat 5 teams in the top 10 at seasons end…

Playoffs help but no one has beaten 5 teams in the top 10..

95 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the final too 10 poll..

2001 Miami was loaded but hardly beat anyone in the final top 10 poll..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Unfortunately, the rest of the country caught up to our Strength & Conditioning program. Once we lost that advantage, and Osborne retired, there's nothing we can offer that any other Power 5 program can't.

Art Briles to the rescue.

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon
I posted this on another thread but I'll post it again because some of you guys seem down..

As a neutral fan of another Big 10 team who has always respected Nebraska and just created this account to piss off Iowa fans... You'll be back eventually. Nebraska is a true blue blood of the sport. Put up the money for a coach and they'll come to Nebraska.

Two of the three blue bloods in the East in Michigan and Penn State have also had their struggles at times throughout the past couple decades. Point being it happens to a lot of quality programs.. I fully expect Nebraska to be good again in the not too distant future. It's good for the Big 10 and college football in general when Nebraska is good so I wish you guys all the luck.

Reactions: 30BringsTheHurt

Speaking of S&C, there is another coach that needs replaced. Both our O and D lines got pushed around by just about everybody. Add in all the injuries again and that points to an area we need to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT