ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Recruits for NU ?

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
What are chances Scott & company lands these remaining recruits and any other recruits that's not listed on here:

OLB - Steven Parker from Texas
DB - Noa Pola-Gates from AZ
WR - Charles Njoku - from NJ
DT - Matthew Pola-Mao from AZ
CB - DJ James - from AL
LB - Eugene Asante - from VA
OLB - Brandon Mack - from AL

I trust in Frost. Will not be easy but a good goal to have to get them all.

I think there are scenarios where they take both mills and bivens...and scenarios where they would take Njoku and Houston, but I don't think either is likely. If things pan I would expect a POLA, RB, WR, OLB, CB...keep Bland..and either Pola-Mao, 2nd OLB, or 2nd WR..THEN a 2 rb option.

At first I thought Bivens was a backup plan but now I believe we take him even if Mills gets here. I like our chances because Frost has been consistent in his recruitment.
I agree. With the numbers we have in the RB room I believe we take both. Both Bivens and Thompkins have rehab to finish up as well.

Reactions: rrthusker
When you are finding gems..cant let a high school injury scare you off. Maritinez prob wouldnt be a husker if he wasnt hurt his senior year. Same goes for some of the kids named. Its like getting a 5 star player on sale
Well said

Reactions: cvogele29
When you are finding gems..cant let a high school injury scare you off. Maritinez prob wouldnt be a husker if he wasnt hurt his senior year. Same goes for some of the kids named. Its like getting a 5 star player on sale
"5 star player on sale." That rocks!!!

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Yeah you gotta take some chances on kids who've had injuries or who might not qualify. It worked out well last year with Martinez and Mo Washington but we did miss out on Watt. High risk high reward.

We offered this kid today out of Kansas. We must be getting desperate for an outside linebacker - Rivals shows zero other scholarship offers.

Desperate? He knows that he needs an OLB in this class, and this guy may not be his first choice, or second, but watch his film. He can move, and he doesn't dick around on the field. I like it. "Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder, does not have any other Power Five conference offers. He runs the 100 and 200 meters in track, with a 11:07-second time in the 100 and 22.71-second time in the 200 as personal bests, according to Athletic.net." Linebacker.

Reactions: HominidHusker
That’s what I’m seeing.

Yeah. But as you know, there's a lot that can go into that. At this point, if it's an academic issue or coach and / or parents just didn't appreciate the importance of getting him exposure early, or any other issue that doesn't involve him being a terrible teammate/person, then good for us.

Yeah. But as you know, there's a lot that can go into that. At this point, if it's an academic issue or coach and / or parents just didn't appreciate the importance of getting him exposure early, or any other issue that doesn't involve him being a terrible teammate/person, then good for us.

Hey, I’m ALL FOR taking shots at this point in the game.

Reactions: Dysfunctional Vet
Desperate? He knows that he needs an OLB in this class, and this guy may not be his first choice, or second, but watch his film. He can move, and he doesn't dick around on the field. I like it. "Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder, does not have any other Power Five conference offers. He runs the 100 and 200 meters in track, with a 11:07-second time in the 100 and 22.71-second time in the 200 as personal bests, according to Athletic.net." Linebacker.

Hard to believe both KU and KSU would pass on an in-state kid if he was legit. It's not like either of those programs are loaded with talent and killing it on the recruiting trail (they are 99th and 83rd in recruiting currently). He does not play against a high level of competition (4A in Kansas is like C1 in Nebraska), so I'm not sure a short highlight film tells us a whole lot.

Maybe he'll get a bunch of late offers from P5 schools, but something isn't adding up here. I'm guessing he is our backup backup plan if we can't land any of the other OLBs on our board.

Reactions: cvogele29
Hard to believe both KU and KSU would pass on an in-state kid if he was legit. It's not like either of those programs are loaded with talent and killing it on the recruiting trail (they are 99th and 83rd in recruiting currently). He does not play against a high level of competition (4A in Kansas is like C1 in Nebraska), so I'm not sure a short highlight film tells us a whole lot.

Maybe he'll get a bunch of late offers from P5 schools, but something isn't adding up here. I'm guessing he is our backup backup plan if we can't land any of the other OLBs on our board.

WOW Dylan Jordans film is unreal. I want to present something I like to call locational bias. I live in south florida..and I am 100% sure that if this kid lived in south florida he would have 30 offers and would be a 4 star at minimum! On rivals it shows him with a verified 4.50 flat! Another article has him as a 10.8 100 m! These are phenomenal times for an outside lb. Frost again, finding 5 stars on sale. This kid is at a discount bc he is from Pittsburgh Kansas.

After an interview with Husker online's own, it appears until very recently there was no chance of him qualifying. Even after what he called a great senior year for grades (all A's and B's) he will graduate with a 2.3 GPA. Apparently he is now academically qualified but it sure sounds like it was by the skin of his teeth.

WOW Dylan Jordans film is unreal. I want to present something I like to call locational bias. I live in south florida..and I am 100% sure that if this kid lived in south florida he would have 30 offers and would be a 4 star at minimum! On rivals it shows him with a verified 4.50 flat! Another article has him as a 10.8 100 m! These are phenomenal times for an outside lb. Frost again, finding 5 stars on sale. This kid is at a discount bc he is from Pittsburgh Kansas.
If he was in south Florida, he would be playing against much better competition though. That might make a difference.

Reactions: TheBeav815
The dude definitely passes the eye test, and can run. Sure it’s always nice to have a kid with multiple P5 offers, it helps validate the recruitment legitimacy for fans like us. But honestly not a deal breaker, got to trust the process and believe in our coaches more than “the crowd”....at worst we get an athlete guy that would immediately increase our team speed. I’m picturing him in 2 years being a nightmare 3rd down matchup coming off the edge.

He could also just be a late bloomer who didnt hit the camp circuit. Sometimes you can have a ton of athletic ability, but it doesnt "click" right away. Once it clicks, watch out. hopefully that is at least partially the case here.

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
how many over is Nebraska going to go over the 25 limit they already have. or is Frost going the SEC route into Recruiting over the set limit of 25?
to get all these would mean they would have to take 30-31 in this class,

how many over is Nebraska going to go over the 25 limit they already have. or is Frost going the SEC route into Recruiting over the set limit of 25?
to get all these would mean they would have to take 30-31 in this class,
well, B10 allows us to oversign by 3 I think, plus we may be able to count some of the early enrollees towards last year.

After an interview with Husker online's own, it appears until very recently there was no chance of him qualifying. Even after what he called a great senior year for grades (all A's and B's) he will graduate with a 2.3 GPA. Apparently he is now academically qualified but it sure sounds like it was by the skin of his teeth.
Thanks for the explanation, appreciate it. In your opinion, where is he at then on the big board for NU? Where is he ranked along with Mack, others? Pretty high I would think since Dylan already has a January visit scheduled

Reactions: mrruffin10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT