'Reichstag moment': Joint Chiefs chairman feared Trump was laying groundwork for coup

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I call bullshit, Bob is a (rhymes with itch)
Sorry Bob have to do it for this situational post.
Cs8hZmd.jpg

Last edited:

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Now dadgummit Bob we've been over this. You can't be a RINO if you no longer are a Republican. Why do you still struggle with that?
How about plain ole treasonous fool that fits you pretty well now get on your knees and blow Xi some more.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Soo just thought of this. Is the article about Milley being completely incompetent and having paranoid delusions?
I think deep down you know T***p would have loved to coup the heck out of this place but he is not nearly intelligent enough to know how to organize a coup. Nor does T***p surround himself with people smart and loyal enough to organize a coup.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I think deep down you know T***p would have loved to coup the heck out of this place but he is not nearly intelligent enough to know how to organize a coup. Nor does T***p surround himself with people smart and loyal enough to organize a coup.
if you believe that, then why do you keep posting stupid shit about it?

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Do you keep your head firmly in the sand on a daily basis?
you ate up the russian hoaxes while the truth was out there. So you tell me?
If you wanted a coup , what do you think 4yrs of fake allegations and 2 fake impeachments are?

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
you ate up the russian hoaxes while the truth was out there. So you tell me?
If you wanted a coup , what do you think 4yrs of fake allegations and 2 fake impeachments are?
Umm, according to a Republican led committee and our intelligence agencies, the Russian hoax was not a hoax.

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election with the goals of harming the campaign of Hillary Clinton, boosting the candidacy of Donald Trump, and increasing political and social discord in the United States. According to U.S. intelligence agencies, the operation—code named Project Lakhta[1]—was ordered directly by Russian President Vladimir Putin.[2] The Special Counsel's report, made public in April 2019, examined numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials but concluded that there was insufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy or coordination charges against Trump or his associates.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
so why didn't Mueller call those Russian's to the hearing? I'll tell you why.........
because it would have opened Mueller's case up to discovery and it would have destroyed a fake narrative
News orgs were claiming Trump had ties to Russia through a server but it was getting spam emails from Russia but the news never reported that to the people. It's the lefts way of smearing someone with half truths. Yes the emails/contact came from Russia. IF there was evidence he would already be in jail and you know it. Just stop with there was....."Russian collusion" Remember the 16 agencies crap? That all fell apart under oath

Mueller and them are dirty AF, totally garbage human beings. It's been a smear campaign and then a destroy campaign when they realized they are all caught in the biggest sting operation ever.

• Haha
Reactions: nelsonj22

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln

"WASHINGTON – The highest-ranking U.S. officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, and other top military leaders made informal plans to stop a coup by former President Donald Trump and his allies in the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, according to excerpts from a new book

"I Alone Can Fix It," written by Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, describes how Milley and others feared Trump might take unconstitutional actions should he lose. CNN first reported on this excerpt.

The top brass was so disturbed by Trump's rhetoric casting doubt on the legitimacy of the election before it was held that the leaders discussed contingency plans for how to thwart any illegal power grabs by the president, including how and when to resign in protest over his actions.

"They may try, but they're not going to f****** succeed," Milley told his officers, according to Leonnig and Rucker. "You can't do this without the military. You can't do this without the CIA and the FBI. We're the guys with the guns."

Milley's spokesman, Army Col. Dave Butler, declined Thursday to comment on the excerpts.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff – an advisory body to the president – was planning for a confrontation with Trump over what Milley saw as the former president's stoking of tensions in an attempt to lay the groundwork for a coup.

The alarm only increased after the election, when Trump and his allies contested the results and called on his supporters to oppose the legitimacy of the electoral process, often implying violence may be necessary.

"This is a Reichstag moment," Milley told his deputies in the days before Jan. 6, a reference to the 1933 burning of the German parliament that helped usher in the Nazi regime in Germany, Leonnig and Rucker write. "The gospel of the Führer.

With speculation about a military coup swirling in the months before the election, top military leaders took the unprecedented step in August 2020 of clarifying that the military would have no role in the 2020 election, despite some speculation from Trump that military action would be necessary.

“I believe deeply in the principle of an apolitical U.S. military,” Milley wrote in August 2020, responding to questions posed by two Democratic members of the House Armed Services Committee. “In the event of a dispute over some aspect of the elections, by law U.S. courts and the U.S. Congress are required to resolve any disputes, not the U.S. military. I foresee no role for the U.S armed forces in this process.”

The declarations came after Milley had spoken with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other Democrats, who had sought assurances the military would not intervene should Trump call for unconstitutional orders to interfere with the election or attempt a coup."
He is right, it was. It is the fascist and commies who tried to pull the coop over Patriots and they got red handed. These democrats will do anything to steal rights away.

Latest posts