ADVERTISEMENT

Regis Philbin Dead

Man...I guess that was his final answer.

You're gonna burn. In hell
461XQgm.gifv
461XQgm.gif

The population exploded after WWII, creating a demand for more entertainment and thus more celebrities. Regis was also 88 years old. I get tired of reading this every year when celebrities die. It isn't crazy. It's math. /endrant :eek:
You get tired of reading that? You are an interesting type of guy. The younger celebrities, actors/actresses, musicians, athletes, ect dont fit that narrative, and I would say this year has yielded an abnormally high number of geriatric celebrity deaths as well. I'm sorry I raised your blood pressure. Lol

How many? Is it higher than normal? Dude was old so it’s not like this should be shocking.
Regis dying is no shocker. There have been a shit ton of people I've heard of this year. I know there are a group of them every year, but this year is seemingly very productive so far.
Charlie Daniels, Kelly Preston, Carl Reiner, Fred Willard, Jerry Stiller, Betty Wright, Little Richard, Roy horn, John Prine, Kenny Rogers, Max von Sydow, James Lipton, Kirk Douglas, Kobe Bryant, Jim Lehrer, Buck Henry, Terry Jones, David Stern, John Lewis, Naya Rivera, Regis Philbin, Grant Imahara, Peter Green, Nick Cordero, Ian Holm, Danny Tidwell, Bob kulick, Andre Harrell, pop smoke, David olney, Nick Gordon, Don Larson, Harry Haines, Neil Peart, Stan Kirsch, Rocky Johnson, Orson Bean, Curly Neal, Benjamin Keough. Theres more I havent heard of on there.

Regis dying is no shocker. There have been a shit ton of people I've heard of this year. I know there are a group of them every year, but this year is seemingly very productive so far.
Charlie Daniels, Kelly Preston, Carl Reiner, Fred Willard, Jerry Stiller, Betty Wright, Little Richard, Roy horn, John Prine, Kenny Rogers, Max von Sydow, James Lipton, Kirk Douglas, Kobe Bryant, Jim Lehrer, Buck Henry, Terry Jones, David Stern, John Lewis, Naya Rivera, Regis Philbin, Grant Imahara, Peter Green, Nick Cordero, Ian Holm, Danny Tidwell, Bob kulick, Andre Harrell, pop smoke, David olney, Nick Gordon, Don Larson, Harry Haines, Neil Peart, Stan Kirsch, Rocky Johnson, Orson Bean, Curly Neal, Benjamin Keough. Theres more I havent heard of on there.

The one name that alwsys eludes this list and makinh people lots of money in betting pools....Betty White. I think she is going to live forever.

I have a feeling some celebrity death pools are going to be setting all-time records for number of hits this year.

Anyone listen to Todd and Tyler? I love many of the player names.

Reactions: BigRedRising
I have a feeling some celebrity death pools are going to be setting all-time records for number of hits this year.

Anyone listen to Todd and Tyler? I love many of the player names.
To follow up, Olivia de Havilland, the last living actor from 'Gone With the Wind,' has died at 104.

Buddy of mine told me over 500 people had her in the Todd and Tyler celebrity death pool.

It's like the South Park hockey/cancer episode where the kid with cancer lives if the peewee team wins, but doesn't seem to get any better or worse when they tie. Then the peewee team plays the Detroit Red Wings, gets slaughtered, and the kid with cancer dies.

Reactions: WC_'sker
As a kid Who Wants To Be a Millionaire was huge. Id never seen a game show like it. You could win a million dollars. Which was insane to think about at that age. I remember watching this and being blown away.

Same. I also remember a specific episode where the question was "Who directed Michael Jackson's Thriller video" and it was for $500K if memory serves, guy used a lifeline and called a buddy who swore it was Quentin Terrintino (sp?) and it wasn't. So the guy had $250K in his back pocket, took his buddy's advice, and lost it all. I wonder if they're still friends. I specifically remember the guy saying he was positive about it to. Ouch.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Regis was cut from the cloth of guys that were entertainers above all else. He appealed to a wide variety of groups. I lost respect for other entertainers who picked sides and vilified others.

Regis was funny, self deprecating and versed on many topics within the culture. He had a bit of the everyman persona about him

I think I read somewhere yesterday that Regis was on Letterman (NBC and CBS) like 150ish times. Impressive.

John Saxon and Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green also passed. Damn.

I just want to speak about Peter Green dying. Too much acid in the 60's really screwed up his career. What a talent. He replaced Eric Clapton in the Bluesbreakers and there was no drop off. Most people don't know that he wrote Black Magic Woman and The Green Manalishi plus Oh Well and Albatross. For a while his version of Fleetwood Mac were outselling the Beatles in England. Then in 1970 he just quits and practically disappears for many years. He had a nice comeback in the late 90's but was not what he was in his prime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT