ADVERTISEMENT

Refs are ruining the NFL

A blind man could have spotted the PI on Kamara. On the roughing the passer, he made a call based on what he thought happened instead of what he actually saw happen. No good excuse for either call.

There was a blatant make up PI call on the Saint next possession and they didn't take advantage. N.O. Had the chance to win in OT and didn't.

I'm if favor in fewer penalties rather than more. Unless you see something blatantly obvious don't throw the flag.

Change of subject but the intentional fouls in basketball are a joke. 1/2 the time there is no foul but the refs know the losing team wants to stop the clock.

The refs job would be a hell of a lot easier if you didnt have million dollar athletes committing multiple fouls on every play. It also doesn't help the rule book is huge. The refs get yelled at whether they are right or wrong. I'm actually surprised at how many calls those sleep deprived old men get right.

There are actually large tournaments where gamers play the latest version of Madden on Xbox or Play Station. The officiating is perfect in those games.

Chiefs front office is where the problem lies. They are probably middle-of-the-pack when it comes to "commitment to winning championships" versus "butts in seats".

Anyone remember the 1975 Vikings cowboys playoff game, the Hail Mary that the cowboys threw and drew Pearson pushed off to make the game winning catch. The sad thing is a referee got hit in the head with a whiskey bottle. what about stablers fumble caugh caugh but kicks it into the end zone and the raiders win

I think the NFL should broadcast the communication between New York and the referee during all reviews....I think it would be compelling television and you could hear the discussion and we would get more transparency.

On the Hogan catch... The argument is he had control. When his arm hits the ball is moving. So me saying that is conclusive is just as biased as a ref saying it could not be overturned. There was clear evidence that ball was moving, by rule he did not have full possesion.

They are not consistent, there is no argument with that. The Roughing the Passer Call/No Call is exact evidence of that

While I was watching the Hogan replay...I mentioned, the ball moved, but I don't think it ever hit the ground, so the fact that it moved doesn't really matter...IMO, you couldn't determine if the ball hit the ground.

While I was watching the Hogan replay...I mentioned, the ball moved, but I don't think it ever hit the ground, so the fact that it moved doesn't really matter...IMO, you couldn't determine if the ball hit the ground.
Like I said every call is hypocritical... I'm not gonna go rounds on this. In my first post I said I want consistency

There is no consistency at all

No roughing the passer on Mahomes... Roughing the passer on Brady

They overturn the muffed punt with no clear evidence that the ball didn't touch him... yet it is clear the ball was moving on the catch yet that play stands as called.

You can't be inconsistent and call the majority of the calls for one team. It looks bad on the refs and also the teams that win. Patriots and Rams fought hard to win the game, but inconsistent refs put doubt in the publics minds that the game was not called fair

Like I said every call is hypocritical... I'm not gonna go rounds on this. In my first post I said I want consistency

There is no consistency at all

No roughing the passer on Mahomes... Roughing the passer on Brady

They overturn the muffed punt with no clear evidence that the ball didn't touch him... yet it is clear the ball was moving on the catch yet that play stands as called.

You can't be inconsistent and call the majority of the calls for one team. It looks bad on the refs and also the teams that win. Patriots and Rams fought hard to win the game, but inconsistent refs put doubt in the publics minds that the game was not called fair
I wonder how many more rings Bradshaw and Montana and staubach would have if there teams got the royal treatment like the pats get

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT