ADVERTISEMENT

Ref gets slammed

What a little bitch with the cheap shot. At least square up with the ref so he has a chance to fight back / defend himself if you want to take a shot.

Reactions: 54T

1. What did he expect to accomplish? He couldn't have possibly thought he was going to plow over the ref and just walk away.
2. Was it pure rage, does this kid have no self control whatsoever? I hate to sentence a kid, but that sort of unfiltered violence will eventually land you in prison.
3. This kid blocked out the crowd, his teammates, the opposing team, police and everything else to focus on one thing: hurting the ref. That is very disturbing.
4. He'll be working for the cartel in no time.

Reactions: JRich52806
I was in about the fourth or fifth grade when one of our star high school bb players pushed a ref. He was banned for the year and our school was put on several years of probation, whatever that meant. (While there was no excuse, I remember the same ref from when I played in HS and he liked to get in your face with his foul calls.)

As inexcusable as that was, it was an immediate reaction as opposed to this case where the jerk had at least a brief time to regain his composure -- and 30 yards of distance to think about what he was about to do.

Last edited:
He tackles better than some of our players, maybe Frost could give him a walk on spot?.......

I like this kind of stuff. Of course it's not sportsmanlike and maybe assault for knocking him over, but I wish it happened more often. If ref's had some fear of retaliation, maybe they would call a cleaner game. Currently, there is no real mechanism for that sort of thing.. they are untouchable.. and maybe they shouldn't be.

ADVERTISEMENT