ADVERTISEMENT

Redshirt Freshmen

Ty Robinson is good enough to start. I just hope we have some options at NT so Robinson doesn't have to be a backup there.

i think Damion Daniels will be ready for NT. But I do agree, TY Robinson has talent the other Dline guys don’t have. Then there is K Green. He could make some noise too.

Possibly, but he looked like a 5* running back after his first knee injury so we'll see.

We all seen that the Miami Hurricanes Willis McGahee came back from a horrible knee injury and had a solid career in the NFL. If he can do that, Thompkins can make a return from his. I’m hopeful he will return 100%...fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I agree, but I do think Bootle struggled with tackling because he was favoring an injured shoulder. If Deontai Williams comes back healthy, I think Bootle moves to more of a slot corner role.
Why not keep Bootle as an outside corner? He was doing just fine there.

He has a shot next level there. Not a big contact guy,not a ball hawk, just a solid cover guy, but he does get caught looking alot, not beat,relies too much on his speed at times.

Having Deontai Williams back at safety along side M Dismuke will open up the door a lot for us back in the DB area. Both are hard hitters and can tackle well. Being able to bring Bootle back to corner and Taylor-Britt can be more flexible. D Williams before getting hurt was supposed to be one of our leaders back there in the secondary.

Reactions: headcard
Having Deontai Williams back at safety along side M Dismuke will open up the door a lot for us back in the DB area. Both are hard hitters and can tackle well. Being able to bring Bootle back to corner and Taylor-Britt can be more flexible. D Williams before getting hurt was supposed to be one of our leaders back there in the secondary.
We need Domann to be able to hold up against the run. Playing Nickel with those 5 DB’s and playing JoJo at OLB gives us some playmakers against spread teams.

Reactions: huskerssalts
We need Domann to be able to hold up against the run. Playing Nickel with those 5 DB’s and playing JoJo at OLB gives us some playmakers against spread teams.

Domann could be pivotal to having a solid defense this season coming up. Having a LB like him that can run, tackle and cover will be huge. We also need Caleb Tannor to step up and have the light come on for him. He’s the fastest LB on our team (well until the new guys show up) and Tannor has the pass rushing talents we need. The two could help our defenses out a lot. Plus I’m excited to see how our defense looks in year 3 of the system. We should see improvements, how much will be seen...

I agree, but I've heard some of the "experts" crowd say that he may move inside. Not sure why. Maybe it's because he can do well in either spot whereas they've got others in mind for corner?

I agree, but I've heard some of the "experts" crowd say that he may move inside. Not sure why. Maybe it's because he can do well in either spot whereas they've got others in mind for corner?
He plays better with everything in front of him, he tends not to look back, he closes alot instead of riding a hip etc. Could happen could be training.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT