ADVERTISEMENT

Red-White Series Anounced!

Changed again...

DpKi-TEU0AAA9JK.jpg:large

Just announced from Huskers.com
that parking at Haymarket Park for Saturday's scrimmage
will still be used strictly as football parking.

$25 to park at Haymarket Park for Saturday ONLY
even for baseball

Might go cheaper and walk the Haymarket bridge.

I’m guessing they are hoping to get a few football fans in to watch which makes some sense. I assume they are having concessions?

Friday had 'a' concession stand open.
Nice small crowd on a beautiful evening.

Red team won Game 1
3 to 0

Max Schreiber was the Starting Pitcher for the Red team followed by Ethan Frazier, Tyler Martin, Caleb Feekin and Trey Kissack

Gareth Stroh was the Starting Pitcher for the White team followed by Kyle Perry and Paul Tillotson.

With the Red team scoring all the runs...
-Spencer Schwellenbach hit the ONLY Home Run of the evening right by the 403 mark in left center. Spencer also ended Game 1 with a defensive Double Play by forcing the out at 3rd and then throwing to 1st.
- I want to say it was Blake Peterson who got himself an RBI but then got called out by getting trapped between 1st and 2nd.
- Jaxon Hallmark was not to be out done by recruiting class, ended the scoring by hitting a Double and eventually stealing Home on a fast ball.

Game 2 next.

Thanks for the report, @gunNrun! How's today's crowd looking? Did the university's tactic of piggybacking off of football parking draw in substantially more fans?

Another small but intimate crowd.
Actually at the last minute...
I decided to park at Haymarket Park anyway.
Told the attendant I was ONLY there for baseball and wanted a parking spot where I could get out afterwards, and they gave me a ticket in which I was totally refunded for my parking when I left.
Surprise, shock, and extremely grateful!

Game 2
White over Red
2 to 1

Red scored after Ty Roseberry hit a Double and was brought Home off a sac-fly from Kennet Sorenson.

White team dug up some pride after getting shut out in Game 1.
Shay Schanaman scored the first run on Angello's rbi single.
Altavilla would end up stealing a base and then would score the White team's winning run off an error from an Hellstrom rbi single.

White Team pitchers started with Eddins, Hood (great appearance) and Ben Klenke.
Red Team pitchers started with Colby Gomes (also had at bats), Fisher, Bo Blessie and Jaxon Hallmark closed (yes, you read that right).

Game 3 next week.
GBR

Another small but intimate crowd.
Actually at the last minute...
I decided to park at Haymarket Park anyway.
Told the attendant I was ONLY there for baseball and wanted a parking spot where I could get out afterwards, and they gave me a ticket in which I was totally refunded for my parking when I left.
Surprise, shock, and extremely grateful!

Game 2
White over Red
2 to 1

Red scored after Ty Roseberry hit a Double and was brought Home off a sac-fly from Kennet Sorenson.

White team dug up some pride after getting shut out in Game 1.
Shay Schanaman scored the first run on Angello's rbi single.
Altavilla would end up stealing a base and then would score the White team's winning run off an error from an Hellstrom rbi single.

White Team pitchers started with Eddins, Hood (great appearance) and Ben Klenke.
Red Team pitchers started with Colby Gomes (also had at bats), Fisher, Bo Blessie and Jaxon Hallmark closed (yes, you read that right).

Game 3 next week.
GBR
Good stuff, and glad they were accommodating to the baseball-only fans!

I wonder how much we'll see Hallmark on the mound. Seems like we've had mixed success with two-way players, but he seems to be more of the Jake Meyers type in attitude and approach to the game.

Reactions: gunNrun
Rubber Match
Game 3 of the Fall Red/White Series
Friday 5pm

Assuming players are still on the same teams
Red Team
44 Bo Blessie
29 Cam Chick
26 Carter Cross
40 Caleb Feekin
18 Nate Fisher
55 Ethan Frazier
11 Drew Gillan
34 Colby Gomes
39 Mojo
2 Jason Hallmark
45 Trey Kissack
13 Chad Luensmann
41 Tyler Martin
24 Aaron Palensky
33 Blake Peterson
38 Ty Roseberry
25 Luke Roskam
49 Max Schreiber
1 Spencer Schwellenbach
14 Kennet Sorenson
10 Matt Waldron

White Team
4 Andrew Abrahamowicz
5 Joe Acker
6 Mike Addante
7 Angelo Altavilla
23 Jeff Athey
37 Connor Curry
30 Reece Eddins
16 Nolan Hakel
21 Brett Hammit
31 Gunner Hellstrom
3 Alex Henwood
48 Bryon Hood
22 Ben Klenke
36 Zac Lucky
47 Robbie Palkert
19 Kyle Perry
8 Shay Schanaman
43 Gareth Stroh
20 Paul Tillotson
32 Mike Waldron
28 Keegan Watson

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
Not many attended but those that did saw an offensive explosion.
Just about everyone who picked up a bat had some kind of positive stat.
Aaron Palensky hit the first Home Run of the night.
Mike Addante had a 3 run HR to direct center field.
Spencer Schwellenbach impressed with another HR this Fall, to temporarily give the Red team the lead in the 5th.
Keegan Watson had a Triple by hitting a line drive down the first base line.
A lot of good hits on the night.

Defensively there was a number of Double Plays made on the night,
plus some real nice catches made in the outfield.

The pitching staff had some success too, as 6 of the 12 pitchers on the night left the mound without giving up a run; Fisher, Stroh, Gomes, Hallmark, Tilotson, and Martin. 3 other pitchers on the night only gave up 1 run.

The final innings of the night were started was situational.

Overall I left the Fall feeling pretty good about the 2019 Huskers.
Give me a little time to reflect and I'll give my final thoughts on the entire Fall.
I did notice a few prominent players that did not make any appearances this Fall. Whether due to injury or just giving others some playing time, that is yet to be determined.

Did someone say countdown?!?!

I did notice a few prominent players that did not make any appearances this Fall. Whether due to injury or just giving others some playing time, that is yet to be determined.
They mentioned in the OWH resting a few pitchers coming off of surgery or other injury.

Reactions: gunNrun
Yup
Chad Luensmann was at the top of the list of being missing in action this Fall.
Matt Waldron made an appearance against Kansas or was it Wichita St???
But Mike Waldron and Connor Curry were other players I don't remember having any Fall showing,

Other noticeable Fall abscesses included
Andrew Abrahamowicz
Robbie Palkert
Jeff Athey

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT