ADVERTISEMENT

Red Lobster in Lincoln is closed

beerdawg69

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 23, 2007
After 44 yrs in Lincoln. Ate there maybe twice a year. Never had a experience. The lobster and crab pasta was my choice.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Not surprised. Ate there maybe 5 years ago. Never had before because always thought it was too expensive.

Not impressed and I was right. Hate to see any business closures but I wasn't their clientele

RL is spendy for sure but they make a great meal. Their surf and turf is freaking awesome, problem is you gotta order two to be full. Love that place though.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Worked there in 1997. Had this super hot half Japanese young lady server named Suzanne who would always give me hugs and asked how I was doing.

And then there was the Russian gangster Vladamir here on a college education visa who held a knife to my throat out of the blue near closing time. We were the only ones in the kitchen never spoke a word to him before that. Never saw him again after that night. He didn't show up to work the next day.

Ahhhh memories...

RL is spendy for sure but they make a great meal. Their surf and turf is freaking awesome, problem is you gotta order two to be full. Love that place though.
It's very dependent on the manager and cooks of your location. I used to enjoy Red Lobster but then had a bad experience at one in South Dakota. Yikes. EVERYBODY's food at our table tasted like week old microwaved leftovers. I love the Olive Garden usually but man I found a bad one out in Colorado a few years back.

Quite a few Chinese buffets of various types have closed. Probably a victim of covid and changed sentiment.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's very dependent on the manager and cooks of your location. I used to enjoy Red Lobster but then had a bad experience at one in South Dakota. Yikes. EVERYBODY's food at our table tasted like week old microwaved leftovers. I love the Olive Garden usually but man I found a bad one out in Colorado a few years back.

OG is another place I have never had a bad meal.....and my now dead ex, mom, ex MIL, and current girlfriend are all excellent cooks.....so it isn'r like I don't know what great home cooked meals taste like. Having said that I have eaten at OG maybe 5 times in my life....but it was always good.

Food thread? Okay.
Anyone been to Saltgrass in village pointe? Good, OK, skip?

Worked there in 1997. Had this super hot half Japanese young lady server named Suzanne who would always give me hugs and asked how I was doing.

And then there was the Russian gangster Vladamir here on a college education visa who held a knife to my throat out of the blue near closing time. We were the only ones in the kitchen never spoke a word to him before that. Never saw him again after that night. He didn't show up to work the next day.

Ahhhh memories...

200.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic
Havent been to Red Lobster in over 20 years. Ever since they brought us a basket of biquits and the one on top had a fly cooked into it.

That would prolly do it for me to. Last time I ate at a chinese restaurant we were given the wrong order, didnt realize till 2 bites in...when we called over waiter to esplain he said in a very heavy accent.."Why not you tell me before you eat it I could have sreved to someone else"....ruined my appetite for Chinese restaurants forever. 25 years ago.

Haha yeah...ironically I was carrying two trays of cheddar bay biscuits from the warmers back to the kitchen when the "educated" goon made his move.

I'd usually put the flies that I'd find crawling on the fish and insert one into each biscuit to keep them trapped and away from the meat. They were extra protein enhanced flies fed on fine grade fish protein though. So figured win win

RL, OG... they all taste like microwaved frozen entrees. Not my thing.
Actually, there are few chain restaurants that are up my alley. One for sure is Longhorn Steakhouse. Their outlaw ribeye is killer.

RL, OG... they all taste like microwaved frozen entrees. Not my thing.
Actually, there are few chain restaurants that are up my alley. One for sure is Longhorn Steakhouse. Their outlaw ribeye is killer.
For a chain, they are on the nicer side. Pretty good all around

Haha yeah...ironically I was carrying two trays of cheddar bay biscuits from the warmers back to the kitchen when the "educated" goon made his move.

I'd usually put the flies that I'd find crawling on the fish and insert one into each biscuit to keep them trapped and away from the meat. They were extra protein enhanced flies fed on fine grade fish protein though. So figured win win
Ha, just read this

Food snobs are the worst. OG, RL, hell even Applebees all have a good dish or 3. Nobody is saying they are the best at anything, but they'll work for a meal now and again. What I hate about all of them though, and this goes for every restaurant, is the $$$$ at the end. Damn it has gotten expensive to eat out.
I honestly believe that you could take a dish from OG and a dish from some 5 star place, and blind taste test...and most people would either not know which is which or pick the OG dish.

It is like people that complain that McDonald's is not good...look a piping hot fresh burger and fries from McDonalds is good stuff.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I honestly believe that you could take a dish from OG and a dish from some 5 star place, and blind taste test...and most people would either not know which is which or pick the OG dish.

It is like people that complain that McDonald's is not good...look a piping hot fresh burger and fries from McDonalds is good stuff.
Not to drive completely off the rails, but you can go to topsecretrecipes.com
and find a ton of virtually identical entrees, drinks, etc. Dairy Queen Blizzards, etc, and its well worth making your own and the savings are considerable.
There are many recipes that you won't find, but there are a lot. I'm guessing possible disgruntled former employees that prepared these items wanted to get back for some reason.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
and find a ton of virtually identical entrees, drinks, etc. Dairy Queen Blizzards, etc, and its well worth making your own and the savings are considerable.
There are many recipes that you won't find, but there are a lot. I'm guessing possible disgruntled former employees that prepared these items wanted to get back for some reason.
Yeah, I have done chipotle before and it is similar but I could not make it exactly the same.

Living on the West Coast we have too many good seafood restaurants. Then you throw in our access to fresh salmon, halibut, dungeness crab, oysters and steamer clams (ours are smaller and I think sweeter than what I buy when I am visiting the in-laws in North Carolina) we are eating seafood at home all year long. Even though we are inland we have a local food truck that makes really good fish and chips along with great chowder. Anyway I've never been in a RL and I don't think I ever will.

Going to San Diego in February to meet up with Lincoln friends. I am going to eat a fish or lobster taco at a restaurant on the beach everyday we are there.

Living on the West Coast we have too many good seafood restaurants. Then you throw in our access to fresh salmon, halibut, dungeness crab, oysters and steamer clams (ours are smaller and I think sweeter than what I buy when I am visiting the in-laws in North Carolina) we are eating seafood at home all year long. Even though we are inland we have a local food truck that makes really good fish and chips along with great chowder. Anyway I've never been in a RL and I don't think I ever will.

Going to San Diego in February to meet up with Lincoln friends. I am going to eat a fish or lobster taco at a restaurant on the beach everyday we are there.
I would probably enjoy fresh seafood like that. When in Rome...... Nebraska=beef, pork, chicken. On the coast=seafood.

I can do better surf and turf using frozen shrimp than RL imo

Always liked the crab stuffed mushrooms. It was a decent sit down seafood meal for Lincoln. But once you've tasted fresh seafood straight out of the ocean the day before at some very nice 4 and 5 star resorts you realize it's not close to great or fresh seafood. Still will miss eating there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic

I had lunch in SD once at the Aquarium of the Pacific? Ate at that fish place there, no yummy. LOL But I had promised my grandsons. San Diego is a sweet city, or was 15 years ago.

I had lunch in SD once at the Aquarium of the Pacific? Ate at that fish place there, no yummy. LOL But I had promised my grandsons. San Diego is a sweet city, or was 15 years ago.
I like to go to the World Famous Bar (That is what they call it) on the beach in Pacific Beach. Good drinks and tacos on the bar menu. Tacos are 5 bucks. I will literally roll down the street on a bicycle back to the condo after session of tacos, margaritas and beer. Poor me. I can’t drink margaritas without chasing them down with a beer.

Every time I go to California, someone wants to ‘barbecue’ me a steak. All I want is seafood, fruit, carne asada fries or Korean chicken.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Some of us have a spouse who like themselves work all day 8-10 hours per day. It's nice to have somebody else cook and wait on you. I call it the economy of specialization of labor to justify the cost. My and my spouse's time is worth more than what I pay the restaurant and tip the wait staff and believe me, we tip well. You've really got to screw up these days for me to not leave 20-25%. 30% if you're really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT