ADVERTISEMENT

Recruting rankings

ReuniteGondwanaland

Blackshirt
Sep 8, 2010
Class is roughly halfway done assuming everyone sticks (which pretty much never happens).

At this point we're:
- #25 in Rivals ranking, 5th in B1G
- #19 at 247, 5th in the B1G
- #21 at Scout, 5th in the B1G

Good news is that we're ranked now, most of the schools ahead of us have more commits, and a few of our players are locks to move up on Rivals at least when they get re-ranked (Terry Wilson barely a 3-star?)

Better news is that the pessimists should quiet down a bit for a while. Should be less hand-wringing about recruiting than there was a month ago.

Bad news is that there's still a long way to go and some of or competition in the conference is really rolling too. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State are all ranked in the top ten by all three services. We're 5th but it's a pretty distant fifth.

Coaches have to keep focus on recruiting and keep going if we're going to keep up in the resurgent Big Ten conference. I have dramatically more faith in this staff keeping the recruiting momentum going from here.

The progress is there already that more work is being done and paying off. Keeping these guys is always a key as they will be pushed for by other schools to flip. Set the foundation and build on it. I think this staff is doing a very good job at that. Still have some players that are out there that push the rankings higher. For NU to be a powerhouse program year to year, getting inside the top 15-20 should be a floor. Looks like this year the team is on the way to getting there or even a bit above.

Reactions: Nate004
Who seems like a likely commit?

Farnoik would be a great get and plausible. Juarez seems like a tough get, but would be the jewel of the class. Looks like Fant could be 50/50.

The current commit breakdown by position is:
(1) DB
(2) DE
(3) LB
(2) OL
(2) QB
(1) RB
(2) TE
(0) DT
(0) WR

I would think that another 1-2 OL (please Farnoik), 1-2 DB, 1-2 DT, 1-2 WR, and maybe another (1) RB.

Thoughts? Guesses? After Domann and Stoll have committed, I have no idea who is the next likely commit.

Farnoik would be a great get and plausible. Juarez seems like a tough get, but would be the jewel of the class. Looks like Fant could be 50/50.

(1) DB
(2) DE
(3) LB
(2) OL
(2) QB
(1) RB
(2) TE
(0) DT
(0) WR

I would think that another 1-2 OL (please Farnoik), 1-2 DB, 1-2 DT, 1-2 WR, and maybe another (1) RB.

Thoughts? Guesses? After Domann and Stoll have committed, I have no idea who is the next likely commit.

If I had to guess, I'd say that McDaniel is the next likely commit. But, I could be way off base on that, because, as far as I know, he's not released an expected announcement date. But, I do think he is an NU lean. He was high school teammates with Mo. Barry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Mykelle-McDaniel-164686

This kid has an offer list of the "who's who" of college football and, again, Rivals proves they are way behind in evaluating talent.

(1) DB
(2) DE
(3) LB
(2) OL
(2) QB
(1) RB
(2) TE
(0) DT
(0) WR

Think your on the right track but with the ultimate goal of 26 in this class (so I've heard) I think the remainder might look something like:

2-3 OL
2-3 WR
0 TE
0 QB
0 RB
1-2 DT
1-2 DE
0 LB
2-3 DB
Will still take additional players at RB or LB if they are cant miss types like Mique Juarez

Might get a commit yet this summer from Dicaprio Bootle, a CB who impressed the coaches at the Miami satellite camp and ran a 4.34 40 there. Not many other good offers, mostly us and UCF. Unranked by Rivals at this time.

Reactions: Husk10
If I had to guess, I'd say that McDaniel is the next likely commit. But, I could be way off base on that, because, as far as I know, he's not released an expected announcement date. But, I do think he is an NU lean. He was high school teammates with Mo. Barry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Mykelle-McDaniel-164686

This kid has an offer list of the "who's who" of college football and, again, Rivals proves they are way behind in evaluating talent.
Have to laugh at rivals evaluation! They are apparently better at evaluating talent then every major D1 school in America because this kid has offers from them all.

Reactions: Husk10

He just released his top 8 on twitter.

Notice how NEBRASKA is written compared to the others.

No inside track info for me. Just thinking Boe Wilson out of Missouri, or Clyde LeFlore-Chriss out of New Orleans. Wilson was here for BRW, iirc. LeFlore-Chriss supposed to be coming for unofficial visit this summer(?).

I don't know of any remaining recruits, following Stoll and Domann, that are planning to commit before school starts.

Class is roughly halfway done assuming everyone sticks (which pretty much never happens).

At this point we're:
- #25 in Rivals ranking, 5th in B1G
- #19 at 247, 5th in the B1G
- #21 at Scout, 5th in the B1G

Good news is that we're ranked now, most of the schools ahead of us have more commits, and a few of our players are locks to move up on Rivals at least when they get re-ranked (Terry Wilson barely a 3-star?)

Better news is that the pessimists should quiet down a bit for a while. Should be less hand-wringing about recruiting than there was a month ago.

Bad news is that there's still a long way to go and some of or competition in the conference is really rolling too. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State are all ranked in the top ten by all three services. We're 5th but it's a pretty distant fifth.

Coaches have to keep focus on recruiting and keep going if we're going to keep up in the resurgent Big Ten conference. I have dramatically more faith in this staff keeping the recruiting momentum going from here.

I think Penn State's class is going to fade this season. They are staring at another 7-6 season and the gloss on Franklin is going to lose its shine.

That dude is all flash and no substance.

I think Penn State's class is going to fade this season. They are staring at another 7-6 season and the gloss on Franklin is going to lose its shine.

That dude is all flash and no substance.
I hear what you're saying but how did he win at Vanderbilt?

I hear what you're saying but how did he win at Vanderbilt?

You should go look at his Vandy career a little closer. Then go look at his ONE good season. That schedule he drew that season was one of the easiest in the history of the SEC.

They beat 9 teams with losing records, and. Didn't have to play Bama or LSU. The only good SEC teams on their schedule were South Carolina and Georgia. Vandy was hammered by both. Northwestern also beat them that season.

Franklin will never have a schedule that easy in the Big Ten East.

You should go look at his Vandy career a little closer. Then go look at his ONE good season. That schedule he drew that season was one of the easiest in the history of the SEC.

They beat 9 teams with losing records, and. Didn't have to play Bama or LSU. The only good SEC teams on their schedule were South Carolina and Georgia. Vandy was hammered by both. Northwestern also beat them that season.

Franklin will never have a schedule that easy in the Big Ten East.
Thanks for clarifying this for me... Seems like a great recruiter but can't do anything with it then ...

Thanks for clarifying this for me... Seems like a great recruiter but can't do anything with it then ...
I would agree with this. He pulls in highly rated classes, but I haven't been impressed with his teams on the field.

One hell of an offer list, and at a position of need. Yes please!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT