ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits watching a BLOWOUT

Mike402

All-American
May 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Does this help or hurt? Do they see how bad it is a look elsewhere or see the program needs players and wants to flip the culture? Mix of both?

Reactions: TreyVega
I'm guessing the Alabama commit that's visiting will not be impressed. Can you imagine telling Nick Saban, "Sorry Coach Saban, I'd rather play for Eric Chinander".

It hurts. Our recruiting this year is already very average, now this. Hopefully we can recover

I'm guessing the Alabama commit that's visiting will not be impressed. Can you imagine telling Nick Saban, "Sorry Coach Saban, I'd rather play for Eric Chinander".

Yep. If only our scheme was better we could have stopped a motivated OSU team that had an advantage at every position.

Stupid.

Reactions: HuskersNC and c3o
It isn't going to matter what recruits we have if the coaching doesn't get a lot better.

Reactions: MitchLL
Yep. If only our scheme was better we could have stopped a motivated OSU team that had an advantage at every position.

Stupid.

It's 38-0 at home at halftime lol. I guess it's too much too ask to at least stay within 5 TDs.

Does this help or hurt? Do they see how bad it is a look elsewhere or see the program needs players and wants to flip the culture? Mix of both?
It hurts. The only guys this thing attracts are players who want to play early and (gulp) don't care as much about "W's". Otherwise, we'll have to battle through this, improve as the season goes on, and hope to get lucky.

It isn't going to matter what recruits we have if the coaching doesn't get a lot better.
If your a top-notch recruit, I think you know the answer. These coaches clearly are in WAY over their collective heads. I hate to admit that, but it’s now crystal clear.

Reactions: MitchLL

Stupid.
Let's not lower the bar of expectations that far. It's not too much to ask to at least force a punt now and then. Everyone is shocked by how uncompetitive this team is against a top 5 team. Otherwise, the spread would have been a hell of a lot higher than 17.

We had almost our entire defense back from last year and can't even force 1 punt lol.

Our defense was terrible last year. One of the worst in the country. And it’s only their second year in this system. What’s more likely, Nebraska has just gone on a streak of hiring the worst coordinators in football or that defenses are built with time and consistency.

Reactions: c3o
God, I hate seeing this same post year after year. Clearly, it hasn't been good for us over the last 20 years.
And I'm tired of hearing every year how a new group of recruits is going to come in and completely upgrade the talent level and fix all of our problems. It's been said every year since the end of Bo's tenure and hasn't happened yet.

And I'm tired of hearing every year how a new group of recruits is going to come in and completely upgrade the talent level and fix all of our problems. It's been said every year since the end of Bo's tenure and hasn't happened yet.

:confused: It's actually been said every year since the end of Frank's tenure. And, that was kind of my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT