ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

You can't depend on the transfer portal to build a team. That strategy is really no different than building on JUCO players like Kansas St used to do. It works one cycle, then it doesn't for a couple, your classes get all out of sorts and you have one huge class and 2 small classes. You are constantly playing catch up.

Get a transfer portal guy or 2 every year. But again, like JUCO, there is a reason they are leaving. There are 7-10 guys that never play a down for another team than there are the Joe Burrow or Jalen Hurts types.
The key differnece between JUCO and the TP is you know when the JUCO kids are going to be available. .

JUC0 was a way to build a team and a way to suppliment a roster. Many Juco players wound up that route because they could not make grades.

Snyder used this at Kansas State to build a team and did so with great success. Heck Osborne used it as well.

You can't depend on the transfer portal to build a team. That strategy is really no different than building on JUCO players like Kansas St used to do. It works one cycle, then it doesn't for a couple, your classes get all out of sorts and you have one huge class and 2 small classes. You are constantly playing catch up.

Get a transfer portal guy or 2 every year. But again, like JUCO, there is a reason they are leaving. There are 7-10 guys that never play a down for another team than there are the Joe Burrow or Jalen Hurts types.
While I generally would agree, we have 8 seniors, 17 juniors and 11 sophomores on the scholarship chart. Then we have 49 true or redshirt freshmen.

This is a class that needs some juco and transfer guys to balance things out some IMO. You ideally want 18-20 from each class if you’re using your redshirt years.

It’s message board clowns like Tuco who absolutely know everything, and have all the right answers. 😂😂😂. Who are your sources, if it’s so obvious to you the sky is falling please fill me in. Scott will be here next year like it or not

It’s message board clowns like Tuco who absolutely know everything, and have all the right answers. 😂😂😂. Who are your sources, if it’s so obvious to you the sky is falling please fill me in. Scott will be here next year like it or not

I have sources also, just don’t act like I run the program like some. Classmate who played at NU with Frost, Davison, Hoskinson, Peters, etc…. You don’t think these guys have some info

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
Thanks for the info. So I guess he'll be here next year even if we end up 2-10.

I have sources also, just don’t act like I run the program like some. Classmate who played at NU with Frost, Davison, Hoskinson, Peters, etc…. You don’t think these guys have some info

Sure, whatever you want to pretend. If Frost has a losing record again he will have the WORST winning percentage of any head coach in school history.

It's a results-oriented professional. Take the emotions out of it and look at just results.

Frost already admits the program has nothing to lose by getting its shit stomped by Oklahoma. That is a coach that has already given up.

First off douche nozzle none of my info comes from sources just friends. I dont write a column or have a blog, so I don’t have sources. I have on occasion joked about getting it from a source but that is mostly to poke fun at people who think their buddy at the bar whose cousin knows a guy who knows a guy.

I post what I believe to be facts based on either seeing it for myself or hearing from one of my friends who witnessed it first hand.

If you don’t see a down turn in recruiting, then there is nothing I or anyone else can tell you that will change your opinion.

When there were highly ranked classes, either the players weren’t as advertised, left, or were/are poorly developed. Now that recruits see the results, it is getting tougher to get those guys in here. When you run an offense that is dependent on skill position speed, you need to get skill position speed.

Secondly, this offense is nothing like Frost ran at UCF or at Oregon as OC. There have been articles written about how Frost wanted to merge the Kelly offense with the Osborne offense. I think this is the result, too much QB run and conflicted OLine who are having trouble, or don’t have the necessary skills to do what Austin and Frost want. Maybe both

Now if you want to put some of your insider knowledge from your friend that played on the team back in the day, have at it. I will be glad to discuss Husker football and what is right with it. Just tell me what is right.

Lastly, I am one who believes Frost will be back next year. I even posted that opinion on this board within the last few days. So I am not sure where you got that I don’t think he will be back.

So come at me with something more than a feeble attempt at insulting me. I’m on here pretty freaking regularly.

First off douche nozzle none of my info comes from sources just friends. I dont write a column or have a blog, so I don’t have sources. I have on occasion joked about getting it from a source but that is mostly to poke fun at people who think their buddy at the bar whose cousin knows a guy who knows a guy.

I post what I believe to be facts based on either seeing it for myself or hearing from one of my friends who witnessed it first hand.

If you don’t see a down turn in recruiting, then there is nothing I or anyone else can tell you that will change your opinion.

When there were highly ranked classes, either the players weren’t as advertised, left, or were/are poorly developed. Now that recruits see the results, it is getting tougher to get those guys in here. When you run an offense that is dependent on skill position speed, you need to get skill position speed.

Secondly, this offense is nothing like Frost ran at UCF or at Oregon as OC. There have been articles written about how Frost wanted to merge the Kelly offense with the Osborne offense. I think this is the result, too much QB run and conflicted OLine who are having trouble, or don’t have the necessary skills to do what Austin and Frost want. Maybe both

Now if you want to put some of your insider knowledge from your friend that played on the team back in the day, have at it. I will be glad to discuss Husker football and what is right with it. Just tell me what is right.

Lastly, I am one who believes Frost will be back next year. I even posted that opinion on this board within the last few days. So I am not sure where you got that I don’t think he will be back.

So come at me with something more than a feeble attempt at insulting me. I’m on here pretty freaking regularly.
Give him a bit. From his four consecutive posts, it is obvious he is not sure how this message board thingy works. Hopefully his classmate from 25 years ago can help.

• Haha
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
This is a good point that I'm surprised nobody has called Frost on. Wasn't the whole point of another September home game to bring in recruits in good weather? Instead, no recruits + the negative publicity from trying to cancel OU.
The whole point was to avoid the embarrassment coming in a couple days.

Now I understand your devotion to a coach whose teams lose 2 out of every 3 games they play.

i-dont-think-you-understand-how-this-works.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Sure, whatever you want to pretend. If Frost has a losing record again he will have the WORST winning percentage of any head coach in school history.

It's a results-oriented professional. Take the emotions out of it and look at just results.

Frost already admits the program has nothing to lose by getting its shit stomped by Oklahoma. That is a coach that has already given up.
You're an idiot if you really think Frost has given up.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The downward recruiting momentum will loom large in the decision to make a coaching change.
Wins, overall player performance/development, recruiting, and fan apathy would all be part of that formula, while also considering finances, etc.

Year 4- Serious results are expected and I don’t think anyone has set the bar “too high” by saying we should be able to make a bowl game, beat teams with lesser “paper talent,” not get out-schemed routinely, not repeatedly lose from self-inflicted undisciplined mistakes, all the while still develop the talent we have and attract new athletes to want to come here.

The downward recruiting momentum will loom large in the decision to make a coaching change.
Wins, overall player performance/development, recruiting, and fan apathy would all be part of that formula, while also considering finances, etc.

Year 4- Serious results are expected and I don’t think anyone has set the bar “too high” by saying we should be able to make a bowl game, beat teams with lesser “paper talent,” not get out-schemed routinely, not repeatedly lose from self-inflicted undisciplined mistakes, all the while still develop the talent we have and attract new athletes to want to come here.
Most people don't understand how big of an impact Frank's last 2 recruiting classes had on him getting fired. It is a factor. Fortunately for Frost, Trev wasn't a recruiting coordinator at NU like Pederson had been.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Most people don't understand how big of an impact Frank's last 2 recruiting classes had on him getting fired. It is a factor. Fortunately for Frost, Trev wasn't a recruiting coordinator at NU like Pederson had been.
But Alberts can't be blind to the poor recruiting so far this year either.

But Alberts can't be blind to the poor recruiting so far this year either.
Sure he sees it but he also understands the pickle we're in with the consecutive losing seasons. I don't think he would fire Frost for the recruiting side of it given in particular with how much easier next year's schedule gets. Frost needs to win enough games this year to keep his job and then see where recruiting goes if he can put together a good year next year because unless we pull off some upsets, I don't see anything better happening this year in recruiting.

One thing I think we all forget is how much COVID affected high school football. I believe there is going to be some major movement in evaluation of high schoolers this fall as their season progresses. Last year wasn't just screwed up for college football. It was screwed up for high school evaluations as well. Thousands of kids missed out on camps and fall football last year.. Many if not most people who evaluate high school football players were very limited in their ability to evaluate kids.

Reactions: 1632 and WHCSC
First off douche nozzle none of my info comes from sources just friends. I dont write a column or have a blog, so I don’t have sources. I have on occasion joked about getting it in from a source but that is mostly to poke fun at people who think their buddy at the bar whose cousin knows a guy who knows a guy.

You said the next guy Tuco. Edit your stuff. Issues yes, OL don’t have an answer, recruiting of course genius losing doesn’t help, how much is the program set back each time staff changes? I don’t give a shit if you are on here regularly, good job, maybe get a life. I’m not and you are the reason why.

You said the next guy Tuco. Edit your stuff. Issues yes, OL don’t have an answer, recruiting of course genius losing doesn’t help, how much is the program set back each time staff changes? I don’t give a shit if you are on here regularly, good job, maybe get a life. I’m not and you are the reason why.
You’re a dumbass. There will be a next guy. There is always a next guy. I have plenty of a life thanks?

of course now I am confused by your last statement. Is the reason you aren’t on here more is because of me or because you “have a life”? If I wasn’t on here, you would be on here more and then what? You would spend more time on here? Would you have a life then?

also, it takes sort of a pussy to not do something you want to do because someone else also does that same thing. You must be really weak mentally if you don’t post on here because I do.

have a great day.

You’re a dumbass. There will be a next guy. There is always a next guy. I have plenty of a life thanks?

of course now I am confused by your last statement. Is the reason you aren’t on here more is because of me or because you “have a life”? If I wasn’t on here, you would be on here more and then what? You would spend more time on here? Would you have a life then?

also, it takes sort of a pussy to not do something you want to do because someone else also does that same thing. You must be really weak mentally if you don’t post on here because I do.

have a great day.

I will have a good day, got under your skin. Mission accomplished, who is weak mentally😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT