ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

DudznSudz

Senior
Feb 4, 2016
As it stands, we're at 15 commits.

Who is visiting for the Illinois game, and who do we all think will be the next few to commit?

Also, how many total are we taking this class? I've heard the number 23 bandied about a bit. Is that accurate?

Reactions: IM4NURU2
25 sounds pretty great to me!

I think we land Damion Daniels, Trajon Cotton, and Rayhme Johnson next. If we land Lewis, I'll freak right out.

25 sounds pretty great to me!

I think we land Damion Daniels, Trajon Cotton, and Rayhme Johnson next. If we land Lewis, I'll freak right out.

I know some are saying we don't have a chance with Lewis. But who spends their own money to go to several trips across the country if they aren't interested. Once maybe, but not several times. I think we have a legitimate shot at him.

I know some are saying we don't have a chance with Lewis. But who spends their own money to go to several trips across the country if they aren't interested. Once maybe, but not several times. I think we have a legitimate shot at him.
I hate to say it, but Tyjon Lindsey did just that!

I do think that lindsey did that, because I think we are going to land Lewis... I really do and this quote is the reason why

http://247sports.com/Player/75937/Q...-I-want-to-go-somewhere-where-I-feel-44648419

NU is going to need a big HOLLY WOOD sign by the banks of salt creek soon.

There are a few on this site, who actually know what they are talking about, who say Lewis will be N. I will take them at their word.

Reactions: DudznSudz
Whatever happened to HuskerTimOmaha? That guy tended to really know what was up, at least back in the Pelini era.
My understanding is that he is permanently gone, which does suck because he did have a good feel for the pulse of the program.

Reactions: jeans15
My understanding is that he is permanently gone, which does suck because he did have a good feel for the pulse of the program.
Yes, he is gone which is a shame. He and I got into an argument toward the end of his time here that I regret since it got ugly. I really respected his knowledge of the program. The board was better with him here.

Yes, he is gone which is a shame. He and I got into an argument toward the end of his time here that I regret since it got ugly. I really respected his knowledge of the program. The board was better with him here.

He was fighting with everyone at the end and he couldn't respect anyone's opinion that did not mirror his. Matter of fact, our last fight got me a 3 month vacation too. Mine was a well deserved suspension and I was getting too worked up at his posts. I have to laugh at myself now about it cause it was childish and I know I was wrong for acting like a jerk.

HTO use to be a great poster and a solid guy. Just like many of us, he is a passionate fan and let some of his emotions get the better of him. He seemed to believe that since he was such a solid poster and did have some "in-sider" info, he was above the board rules. Guy skated on thin ice for a year, went in and out of suspension, would come back ok, and then go cra-cra again. Many believe he is still around as a different user. Some believe he is a certain user with a "real pretty famous girl" as his signature pic. But that posters states its untrue. Regardless of its true, that poster has been very solid and respectful. Part of me hopes it really is HTO and that he got back to being an OK dude.

He was fighting with everyone at the end and he couldn't respect anyone's opinion that did not mirror his. Matter of fact, our last fight got me a 3 month vacation too. Mine was a well deserved suspension and I was getting too worked up at his posts. I have to laugh at myself now about it cause it was childish and I know I was wrong for acting like a jerk.

HTO use to be a great poster and a solid guy. Just like many of us, he is a passionate fan and let some of his emotions get the better of him. He seemed to believe that since he was such a solid poster and did have some "in-sider" info, he was above the board rules. Guy skated on thin ice for a year, went in and out of suspension, would come back ok, and then go cra-cra again. Many believe he is still around as a different user. Some believe he is a certain user with a "real pretty famous girl" as his signature pic. But that posters states its untrue. Regardless of its true, that poster has been very solid and respectful. Part of me hopes it really is HTO and that he got back to being an OK dude.
All you say is true. And as I said, I regret my argument with him too.
That said... I still liked his presence here. I still wish he was back.

Nebraska leads for Joseph Lewis and has now for about a month. The kid is Doral-Green Beckham...... if DGB had a brain.

As long as Nebraska doesn't fall on their face and completely choke the season away, I believe Joseph Lewis ends up a Husker.

All you say is true. And as I said, I regret my argument with him too.
That said... I still liked his presence here. I still wish he was back.
Yup. The Board today has just as many arguments and pissing contests as it did when he was here, but now with less helpful and legit information. Oh well.

HTO use to be a great poster and a solid guy. Just like many of us, he is a passionate fan and let some of his emotions get the better of him. He seemed to believe that since he was such a solid poster and did have some "in-sider" info, he was above the board rules. Guy skated on thin ice for a year, went in and out of suspension, would come back ok, and then go cra-cra again. Many believe he is still around as a different user. Some believe he is a certain user with a "real pretty famous girl" as his signature pic. But that posters states its untrue. Regardless of its true, that poster has been very solid and respectful. Part of me hopes it really is HTO and that he got back to being an OK

I have a pretty sig. Pic.

Does the girl in your pic play touch or tackle...football I mean.

On to recruiting. Joseph Lewis. I don't know, he seems pretty interested.

We're looking at around a 25th team recruiting ranking if we finish like we started. I took a big interest time-wise in recruiting last year, this year I'm more content to see how it plays out.

I can't back it up, but it seems like the number of new players we are gonna take is overestimated just about every year by posters on this board. Here's our current scholarship allocation. We have 18 seniors leaving to free up new spots + any new transfers leaving + up to 3 oversigns. You can have 88 scholarships accounted for at the end of the school year, but only 85 when school starts.

Ironically I think of the OPs list, Lewis is the one we have the best shot at (perhaps tied with Cotton). Daniels a short distance back, and Rhayme Johnson a distant last.

Reactions: Zerk

Problem w/ him was that he jumped people, lots of people, when he really didn't have any reason to. If you are sitting on inside information, just put it out there, the truth will emerge eventually. He liked insulting people as much as he liked providing any football information he had, and he couldn't let arguments drop.

Agree. You can disagree with someone without getting into personal attacks. There are a few posters here who still cross that line a bit. As per being here as a different user, Database managers have access to IP addresses, so, assuming they actually care to check the IP address, unless he changed the device he logs in with, it's unlikely.

I'm thinking Johnson is that mysterious silent commit! Winking

I'd like to take Johnson. He hasn't really seemed prominent in the last few months of Husker discussion. I've heard some people go so far as to say Lewis is basically silent at this point.

Agree. You can disagree with someone without getting into personal attacks. There are a few posters here who still cross that line a bit. As per being here as a different user, Database managers have access to IP addresses, so, assuming they actually care to check the IP address, unless he changed the device he logs in with, it's unlikely.
He had a big complex with others posting inside information...almost like he felt threatened. When I posted some he got very argumentive about it. I remember him being wrong a lot, too, and then twisting his original statement. I'm glad he's gone.
If corn says we are in on Lewis then we are in on Lewis.

He had a big complex with others posting inside information...almost like he felt threatened. When I posted some he got very argumentive about it. I remember him being wrong a lot, too, and then twisting his original statement. I'm glad he's gone.
If corn says we are in on Lewis then we are in on Lewis.
Actually, you are wrong. He was usually right on, which is why he had so much credibility, at least with me. I paid attention, and his predictions were very good. He did get fired up too quickly too often, but it didn't make him wrong about his information. You sound like you might have a case of sour grapes.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

HTO was never anyone but himself. He would try to tone it down, but that was not his style.

He was fine, people just liked to get him going.

Board was still better back then, when there were lots of people on here that had great insight.

He was a pain here and a pain in RL

Bull. I like people of all sorts and can deal with different personalities. He's a type A personality for sure, but he's got a big heart. It's funny that he and I never got into it. I'm very opinionated and tend to say what's on my mind. How is that possible? Cuz I don't talk about shiz I know nothing about. You guys and your agendas. This board was a lot better off with him. Why you guys think that you have to agree on everything is beyond me.

Bull. I like people of all sorts and can deal with different personalities. He's a type A personality for sure, but he's got a big heart. It's funny that he and I never got into it. I'm very opinionated and tend to say what's on my mind. How is that possible? Cuz I don't talk about shiz I know nothing about. You guys and your agendas. This board was a lot better off with him. Why you guys think that you have to agree on everything is beyond me.
There's a quite a few that were here that I didn't always get along with, but that were an asset. There's not what there once was here.

I know HTO personally & I taken a couple of trips with the man. I can honestly call him a very good friend. When you spend 12 hours in a car with a person you get to know then very well. I too wish he was still here. The man brought a lot of great info to the board.

There's a quite a few that were here that I didn't always get along with, but that were an asset. There's not what there once was here.

I'll be honest with you. There's at least ten regulars on the free board that I didn't like at first. Give it some time and I found that they did know somethings that I didn't. I learned to appreciate their different perspectives. Now, I look forward to hearing from them. Life would be boring if everyone thought the same or acted alike. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to be silent when the trolls are out in force or when all someone has to offer is negativity. What it does mean is this place is the best free board in the nation. We are worse off without HTO for sure. I'm happy to call him my friend.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I'll be honest with you. There's at least ten regulars on the free board that I didn't like at first. Give it some time and I found that they did know somethings that I didn't. I learned to appreciate their different perspectives. Now, I look forward to hearing from them. Life would be boring if everyone thought the same or acted alike. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to be silent when the trolls are out in force or when all someone has to offer is negativity. What it does mean is this place is the best free board in the nation. We are worse off without HTO for sure. I'm happy to call him my friend.
Exactly. I didn't always agree with HTO, but with one exception, I never got into arguments with him. Some people on here speak as if he was some kind of Internet bully. Nonsense. His insights into the program were one of the reasons I stayed on this board. I am sorry he is gone.

Problem w/ him was that he jumped people, lots of people, when he really didn't have any reason to. If you are sitting on inside information, just put it out there, the truth will emerge eventually. He liked insulting people as much as he liked providing any football information he had, and he couldn't let arguments drop.

He had his issues but loved his insight he also was never as bad as 463 was at insulting and degrading people.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Exactly. I didn't always agree with HTO, but with one exception, I never got into arguments with him. Some people on here speak as if he was some kind of Internet bully. Nonsense. His insights into the program were one of the reasons I stayed on this board. I am sorry he is gone.

Agree. It's a message board. If you can't take an anonymous ribbing and trolling, you have bigger problems. With that said, there is plenty of info out there. You just have to pay for it (RSS, Huskermax, etc). HTO would always be vague about something, and then jump on it after it came to fruition. In reality, he probably had a friend that gave him other board info, but he personally didn't have the goods, but wasn't trying to get his friend outed. The only thing I miss is watching him and the people he would argue with get into it. Pure gold.

HTO had good insight and was generally correct on a lot of his "insight". He just took his attacks towards people to a ridiculously personal level... May be a great guy away from this board, but on this board he was a real jerk.

When the boards started back in the day I was a paying dues member.. I remember liking it alright and then one day (and I completely forget what happened) I got banned for something I couldn't believe. I forget who the mods were but I was completely shocked and thought - I pay for this? Quit right then and there and haven't missed a thing. Keep in mind I was also following program developments year round. These days I tune in basically first game of they year and follow through the end of the season and that's it. I was also never a big fan of Pelini so that had a lot to do with it. Oh, and btw, I have the prettiest sig pic of them all!

ADVERTISEMENT