ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

I guess I wouldn’t want to speculate too much... it could be any one of these things, or it could be that MPM had a conflict arise. We never really know.

I’ve just seen too often where this board goes off the deep end with speculation (Dylan Jordan, anybody?), and the way I see it now, we will know one way or another in 2 weeks.

I know it can be fun to speculate, and no harm comes from it usually.

Can’t wait til February 6th!

At the end of the day I want the cousin, Parker and one of the two wide receivers, anything else is a bonus. Something about Jordan scares me.

Kind of odd that dawson hasn't talked to the cousin since December, no?

We have 3 OLB that we are in on..if we feel we will only get one, I could see them taking 2 wr. Hickman is a TE..wandale a hybrid/slot/duck..which leaves nance and chase for possible outside WR(chase was also listed as an athlete-possible db). Depth chart at WR is a little shaky as well..Woodyard/Williams contributed little and are seniors. Mcquitty and Hunt? These wr brought in will be in the 2 deep asap. and 2-3 of them could be full time starters as soph/RFR. Speilman enters early and all of them could be thrust into starting positions.

Just because Hickman is listed as a TE doesn’t mean he can’t play receiver with 3 TE in front of him plus he doesn’t weigh 220-240 pounds.

Look for Mcquitty to make a big leap from injury last season..

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_46092765-044a-59cc-ab42-82260bf1d301.html
“I think the relationship with Nebraska is stronger than most,” Jordan said. “If there’s any other team … close to Nebraska, it’s TCU. The relationship with Nebraska and TCU are probably the strongest just because of how close they are with the family and everything else.”

Nebraska has four scholarships left to work with, but will likely take a maximum of three players in the next 10 days. That will leave a scholarship available for NU to use on a potential transfer between the end of spring ball and the beginning of the regular season.

Could the Huskers double-dip on pass-rushers? It’s a possibility, given some staff members visited South Oak Cliff High in Dallas again Friday, home of four-star Steven Parker. Parker visited Lincoln official on Jan. 11.
Meanwhile, the Huskers sent three coaches to see wide receiver De’Mariyon Houston in Oklahoma City on Thursday evening and also have been in contact with others such as juco outside linebacker Soni Fonua (Mesa C.C. in Arizona), defensive tackle Matthew Pola-Mao (Chandler, Arizona), running back John Bivens (Dayton, Ohio), and cornerbacks Jamel Starks (Decatur, Georgia) and Tavian Mayo (Leesburg, Georgia).

All have visited Nebraska and all remained uncommitted as of Friday afternoon.

So, too, is receiver Charles Njoku (Wayne, New Jersey), but not for long. Njoku is set to announce his commitment at 6 p.m. Friday. Given the Huskers spent Thursday evening with Houston and UCLA coach Chip Kelly visited Njoku on Thursday on the East Coast, most believe he’ll pick the Bruins.
From there, though, NU has plenty of options. One of the most interesting is on campus for the weekend.
As it turns out, there are a ton of teams interested in the 6-foot-3, 215-pounder — Nebraska squarely among them — with pass-rush talent in a much smaller pool following the December signing period. That’s good news for Jordan, whose senior highlight tape shows the kind of speed and athleticism that makes one wonder why he wasn’t more coveted until this stage of the game.

Jordan visited Utah, then TCU and chatted with the Journal Star during the five-plus hour drive from Pittsburg to Lincoln, where he’ll be taking an official visit this weekend.

Then, he’s shutting down his recruitment Monday night. There had been reports of perhaps another visit next weekend, but Jordan says this is it. Decision time follows soon after he leaves Lincoln.

“I’m looking for somewhere that has good culture and has that good family feel,” Jordan said.

He’ll be the only official visitor in town this weekend, so he will have the coaching staff’s full attention.

If all the new offers weren’t impressive enough, the
recruiting service 247Sports recently bumped him to four-star status, pegging him as the No. 192 overall player in the country for the 2019 cycle.

I like this kids film. Hes going up against some good talent out there. Has a very impressive offer list and if hes the 6th best player in the state.. WA is loaded this year. Do we know if he is a coming here as cb or s?

He isn't necessarily coming here, it was a "clumsy" offer anniuncement

Reactions: timnsun
Trust the process..the kid has elite speed..houston, nance, wandale, and chase would mean heachaches for yrs to come for big 10 cbs..these guys are fast.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT