ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

So weird that recruiting has moved up so far that juniors have rankings..and have had rankings for a while. Some of these kids are 16 and are being projected 6-7 years out. Ridiculous considering basic male biology.

Pola Mao visit pushed back intringues me..could be nothing or could have some strategy behind it. Could spots be filled by then? Njoku, jordan expected to decide beofre then. Parker, Houston and Fonua have visits scheduled but id spots start filling up could they jump on it? Starks still lurking..has he been put on standby?

Pola Mao visit pushed back intringues me..could be nothing or could have some strategy behind it. Could spots be filled by then? Njoku, jordan expected to decide beofre then. Parker, Houston and Fonua have visits scheduled but id spots start filling up could they jump on it? Starks still lurking..has he been put on standby?
Maybe it’s grades?

Reactions: mrruffin10

Maybe it’s grades?

Didnt think about that..could be buying time to wait on a sat/act score to come in. Remember if somebody doesnt qualify they still count toward your 30.
I guess I wouldn’t want to speculate too much... it could be any one of these things, or it could be that MPM had a conflict arise. We never really know.

I’ve just seen too often where this board goes off the deep end with speculation (Dylan Jordan, anybody?), and the way I see it now, we will know one way or another in 2 weeks.

I know it can be fun to speculate, and no harm comes from it usually.

Can’t wait til February 6th!

The question is whether he ever gets back to the level he was at in HS and then exceeds it. Over a year is a long time to be away and then try to come back and win a starting job, especially in that RB room.

You'd imagine he'd be a likely RS candidate to get his weight up and knock the rust off. Guy who gets some PT in four late games.

The way we are recruiting running backs makes me think we'll have some amazing competitions for playing time. Imo, we are recruiting alot of these backs to possibly be slot, duck r guys, except for the bigger backs like Mills.

I don't think we've really seen Frost's offense yet. It will be fun to see how it evolves.

Reactions: HuskerO
The way we are recruiting running backs makes me think we'll have some amazing competitions for playing time. Imo, we are recruiting alot of these backs to possibly be slot, duck r guys, except for the bigger backs like Mills.

I don't think we've really seen Frost's offense yet. It will be fun to see how it evolves.
You got that right..we got a preview of what he can do with a versatile athletes like spielman and an athlete like washington as a fresh...now he has speilman.. hammer mills..soph washington..and super athlete wandale. Can miles jones, nance, chase, (possibly Njoku or Houston) make an immediate impact? Williams and Woodyard finally make an impact? Tall TEs... Hybrid TEs like Legrone and Hickman...oh the possibilities!

We seen a bunch of bread and butter stuff in 2018 so nothing fancy. Our screen game was progressing towards the end of the season which was good but still left a lot to be desired. Once they get all that ironed out and some experience with it under their belts we should have a wicked offense..

Reactions: red scowl
You got that right..we got a preview of what he can do with a versatile athletes like spielman and an athlete like washington as a fresh...now he has speilman.. hammer mills..soph washington..and super athlete wandale. Can miles jones, nance, chase, (possibly Njoku or Houston) make an immediate impact? Williams and Woodyard finally make an impact? Tall TEs... Hybrid TEs like Legrone and Hickman...oh the possibilities!

It seems like he is recruiting best player, instead of position of need, imo. We signed a bunch of guys to play offensive tackle but could also play guard or center. We signed some good safety's, but really some could project to olb because of their size coming in. He is filling in where he needs to also while building for the future. He is recruiting length, speed and athleticism.

He seems to be placing a good deal on Duvalls shoulders from my perspective. I think some of these guys wont ever see the field at their recruited position, and expects the development thru Duvalls training regiment.

Bivens looks like a true RB to me, esp with that tackle breaking ability

Reactions: red scowl
Bivens looks like a true RB to me, esp with that tackle breaking ability

Oh, he definitely is. I'm not claiming absolutes. I think Nebraska will have to turn away good players this cycle, instead of filling up on projects. I wonder if HC Frost would have taken some of the earlier commitments, if he could have seen how the recruiting season would unfold before hand.

We officially want Houston and Njoku.
This tells me we have an OLB we feel confident about. Will take 1 between parker and jordan.
We moght not get Njoku after UCLA but Im not ruling it out.

We officially want Houston and Njoku.
This tells me we have an OLB we feel confident about. Will take 1 between parker and jordan.
We moght not get Njoku after UCLA but Im not ruling it out.
I think this shows more that our staff knows what they are doing and they have a plan. They probably won’t take both Jordan and Parker and probably won’t take both Njoku and Houston, but they are going to recruit them all hard until the ink dries, so we aren’t left empty handed like we have been so many times before.

I think this shows more that our staff knows what they are doing and they have a plan. They probably won’t take both Jordan and Parker and probably won’t take both Njoku and Houston, but they are going to recruit them all hard until the ink dries, so we aren’t left empty handed like we have been so many times before.
I disagree slightly.
I think theyll take both houston and njoku.

I disagree slightly.
They could or they could take both Jordan and Parker, but I don’t think they can take all of them, but they will keep recruiting them hard. Along with MPM, Bivens, Fonu, etc.

Strangely NU hasn't been in home with Njoku since his OV over a week and a half ago...not after the visit and pre-UCLA nor this week...something is off here

I disagree slightly.
If the possibility presents itself..I think they could take either 2 wr or 2 olb or maybe 2 of each..those positions groups are shaky, cant pass up a major talent infusion at either spot. Thats why I dont believe the "keep one spot open" plan. That could be the plan if things dry up IMO.

We need OLB worse I don’t see the staff taking 2 WR when we already have Robinson, Chase and Nance and Hickman for that matter..
We have 3 OLB that we are in on..if we feel we will only get one, I could see them taking 2 wr. Hickman is a TE..wandale a hybrid/slot/duck..which leaves nance and chase for possible outside WR(chase was also listed as an athlete-possible db). Depth chart at WR is a little shaky as well..Woodyard/Williams contributed little and are seniors. Mcquitty and Hunt? These wr brought in will be in the 2 deep asap. and 2-3 of them could be full time starters as soph/RFR. Speilman enters early and all of them could be thrust into starting positions.

ADVERTISEMENT