ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

Could there be a Njoku and Houston to finish? That’d be bomb diggity for the WR room.
Pola Mao seems like he may have his spot reserved, and we gotta land at least one OLB.

Could there be a Njoku and Houston to finish? That’d be bomb diggity for the WR room.
Pola Mao seems like he may have his spot reserved, and we gotta land at least one OLB.

Not to mention we all ready have Darien Chase and Jamie Nance, two explosive receivers..

We are at 27 right now, counting Bland and Daniels.

If Bland doesn’t make it, we can take 4 more. I’ll go with

Parker
Njoku
Mao
Bivens

If Bland is allowed to sign, I would think Bivens is the odd man out.

At this point I’ll be shocked if Bland makes it, but then again that is what some of thought about M Washington last fall..

At this point I’ll be shocked if Bland makes it, but then again that is what some of thought about M Washington last fall..

Whether or not he makes it is not the point. We won’t know that on Feb 6. The staff is going to have to make the decision on whether or not they are going to send him an NLI to sign. That decision will need to be made before they know if he is going to make it for sure. If they send him the NLI and he signs it, he counts in this class regardless if he makes it or not

Reactions: TheBeav815

Parker
Njoku
Mao
Bivens

I think this is what the staff sees as ideal, but I question Bivens ahead of Fonua. I would think a JUCO OLB would be a bigger need than another RB. But I guess, what the hell do I know.

I think they would value fonua ahead of bivens. Olb is a real need. Need somebody ready to play

I think this is what the staff sees as ideal, but I question Bivens ahead of Fonua. I would think a JUCO OLB would be a bigger need than another RB. But I guess, what the hell do I know.

I get that thought process. I just think something is up there. Either he didn’t like it enough to commit or we didnt like him enough to take the commitment. Or they just looked at the depth and thought Parker or Jordan is a better fit for what they want in the future.

Reactions: red scowl

Parker
Njoku
Mao
Bivens

I agree with these four. However, the staff seems to be salivating over Bivens and I'm sure Held can be as persuasive with Frost as he is with recruits. That's why I'm thinking if Bland is N, Mao may be the odd man out, which I think would be a mistake. We need a NG in training more than another back IMHO and his inclusion could help us with the poly pipeline. If the NPG commit was more or less with the understanding a spot would be open until after Mao's official, then I expect Bivens to be out. Unless they plan to get creative somehow.

I agree with these four. However, the staff seems to be salivating over Bivens and I'm sure Held can be as persuasive with Frost as he is with recruits. That's why I'm thinking if Bland is N, Mao may be the odd man out, which I think would be a mistake. We need a NG in training more than another back IMHO and his inclusion could help us with the poly pipeline. If the NPG commit was more or less with the understanding a spot would be open until after Mao's official, then I expect Bivens to be out. Unless they plan to get creative somehow.

I tend to believe they have moved on from Bland and that those are the 4 guys we end up with. JMHO

If we really are only taking three more my best guess is our board looks something like:

Plan A:
WR: Njoku
OLB: Parker
NT: MPM

Plan B:
WR: Houston
OLB: Jordan
RB: Bivens

Plan C:
OLB: Fonu
CB: Starks

Just my guess, could be way off on A, B, C but those do seem to be the guys we are still recruiting.

What makes you say that? Wiltfong but in a CB for him to Nebraska last week.

Think if he was going to be N then we wouldn't be bringing in Jordan this weekend. Jordan is supposedly shutting down his recruitment and just had a visit from Frost.

What makes you say that? Wiltfong but in a CB for him to Nebraska last week.

I think Wiltfong also had a crystal ball for Wandale to Nebraska before he comitted to Kentucky. Ultimately that pick came out right but just an example of how quickly things can change. Hopefully Parker is still an option and we’re not over analyzing things.

Think we finish out with:

Jordan
MPM
Njoku/Houston

Bivens if we don't leave the last school open for a grad transfer.

Reactions: headcard
I think if they can get 4 guys they like they’ll take four youngsters over an uncertain grad transfer option

Reactions: SC_'sker
I think Wiltfong also had a crystal ball for Wandale to Nebraska before he comitted to Kentucky. Ultimately that pick came out right but just an example of how quickly things can change. Hopefully Parker is still an option and we’re not over analyzing things.
He was the first to switch to Kentucky and was right on Wandale on both commits. Things change, but he’s usually the most accurate.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Parker
Njoku
Mao
Bivens

You're saying toward the 85, because Daniels doesn't count toward the 30 we are taking, correct?

You're saying toward the 85, because Daniels doesn't count toward the 30 we are taking, correct?

Nope, I found out that he does indeed count against the 30 this year. I think it was @jmliehr who brought up the rule, and then I read it elsewhere by someone with knowledge of the situation. Not a poster but a writer, I can't remember who.

Nope, I found out that he does indeed count against the 30 this year. I think it was @jmliehr who brought up the rule, and then I read it elsewhere by someone with knowledge of the situation. Not a poster but a writer, I can't remember who.

Is this a new rule change? I don't remember this bring the case previously.

ESPN's crappy rankings really screw up the composite anyway.

I’m up and down with ESPNs evaluations on recruits. There is times they are dead on and other times they miss. Just like Rivals. This year they are pretty much dead on with everyone else. They got some matches with Rivals and some with 24/7 or both. But I guess that’s to be expected now I think about it ;)

But that’s why I take into count ESPN, 24/7 and Rivals. They are actually about the same on most players.

24/7: 7 4 star players and rest 3.

ESPN: 10 4 stars and rest 3

Rivals: 10 4 stars and rest 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT