ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

Ya caught me! I really don’t understand all the offers though. How do you keep track and prioritize that many offers? Not all offers can be commitable. I feel like that’s just throwing s*** at the wall and hoping it sticks with all those offers too. Seems like it’s kind of a lazy tactic. If it works it works I guess but I think some kids are going to see through that and all those offers they throw out. I mean it has to effect your recruiting in who your waiting around on to decide and who your keeping around waiting on the back burner.

That’s just my opinion. I come over a lot and read up on you guys. Mostly cause I’m bored and like to see what different fan bases are saying about their teams. Always gotta take a dig when I can

“Seems like it’s kind of a lazy tactic.” You do realize our Husker coaches are actually going out and evaluating all these players and they see the talent they got and then make the offers, right???? They are not just going out and throwing offers at the hole team and hoping the offer lands on a few good, talented players. With this said, if Iowa isn’t doing this too, then they are the ones with the “LAZY TACTICS” if you ask me. Like one poster pointed out and so did I, Frost has a top 14th class going (for the moment, should remain top 15-16 at the end) and we could potentially could land another 2-3 MORE 4 star players still. I believe he knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:
Wiltfong with CB's for WR Njoku and OLB Parker to NU. Could be big pick ups.
tenor.gif

Do we take Parker of Jordan?

Do we take Parker and Jordan and leave out Soni?

Do we take all 3 and leave out another position?

What an interesting problem to have here!

Wiltfong predictions are basically an exact science. Once he predicts, the prediction becomes true soon afterwards.

Watching Parker's film, I like what I see for the same reason I like Hannah's film:

Defeating blocks and making plays

He's not just running around untouched or chasing things down backside, he's using his length to strike blockers, get off, and go make a tackle. I'm seeing a variety of moves, too. He isn't using the same gimmick to make every play. Dips his shoulder, swim move, spin.

Sign him up!

Do we take Parker of Jordan?

Do we take Parker and Jordan and leave out Soni?

Do we take all 3 and leave out another position?

What an interesting problem to have here!

Wiltfong predictions are basically an exact science. Once he predicts, the prediction becomes true soon afterwards.
It will be interesting for sure. Have to think Njoku and NPG are top priority/must take type guys. They like Bivens, MPM has a vist scheduled and seems like a must take type of guy. If those 4 are N that only leaves one spot for an OLB between: Parker, Jordan and Fonu.

Reactions: jeans15
Wiltfong says we made a major move for Parker over Kansas and Minny so weather isn't a big factor.

He also likes us for 3* DB Jamel Starks.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
It will be interesting for sure. Have to think Njoku and NPG are top priority/must take type guys. They like Bivens, MPM has a vist scheduled and seems like a must take type of guy. If those 4 are N that only leaves one spot for an OLB between: Parker, Jordan and Fonu.
Bivens over Parker, Jordan and/or Fonu would be a mistake in my opinion, unless they want Bivens as an OLB too instead of RB

Finally some good news at OLB..could possibly take 3 OLB prospects..one juco and two HS with high ceilings. Looks good to atleast get 2

NPG of course...Njoku, Parker, MPM have spots if they want in...Starks probably if staff lets him...Bivens probably if staff lets him and grades in order...Houston maybe...everyone else is Domino affect (Bland no)

MPM, Soni, Jordan, Houston, Bivens, Starks for 2 spots wow..wouldnt want to have to make that call

NPG of course...Njoku, Parker, MPM have spots if they want in...Starks probably if staff lets him...Bivens probably if staff lets him and grades in order...Houston maybe...everyone else is Domino affect (Bland no)

If Bivens has grade issues, what are the chances his recruitment is a bargaining chip in the JUCO world. We place him as a favor to a JUCO coach, JUCO coach sends us his guys. That seems to be how the JUCO world is.

MPM, Soni, Jordan, Houston, Bivens, Starks for 2 spots wow..wouldnt want to have to make that call
IMO you have to put Parker in there too, and say 3 spots. The only no questions asked are Njoku and Pola-Gates. I feel pretty confident in saying Pola-Moa is also more certain than Parker

If Bivens has grade issues, what are the chances his recruitment is a bargaining chip in the JUCO world. We place him as a favor to a JUCO coach, JUCO coach sends us his guys. That seems to be how the JUCO world is.

Problem is that sign and place would count against our 30 so don't see that scenario IMO

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Truly think another db was simply a NPG replacement plan..so him going to Oregon doesnt hurt us. NPG makes 4 Dbs in this class. Some will play corner, some will not...thats another debate. We return both starters...also signed 4 DBs last year..2 corners and 2 safeties. If they take bivens..i think that also signals that johnson, thompkins, or jones making the move to DB.

Is 30 the max allowed? I can't ever keep the rules straight.

Truly think another db was simply a NPG replacement plan..so him going to Oregon doesnt hurt us. NPG makes 4 Dbs in this class. Some will play corner, some will not...thats another debate. We return both starters...also signed 4 DBs last year..2 corners and 2 safeties. If they take bivens..i think that also signals that johnson, thompkins, or jones making the move to DB.

Pola- Gates has been signed since December, so any recruiting of DBs is legit and not a replacement plan, since there is no need to potentially replace a signed player. We aren't still recruiting QBs as a replacement plan for McCaffery

Pola- Gates has been signed since December, so any recruiting of DBs is legit and not a replacement plan, since there is no need to potentially replace a signed player. We aren't still recruiting QBs as a replacement plan for McCaffery
If he was already signed other schools would not be able to contact him..are these more of your alternative facts?smh

If he was already signed other schools would not be able to contact him..are these more of your alternative facts?smh

Who has contacted him? He had absolutely zero home visits the first day after the dead period. If he weren't already signed, he would have had one from Oklahoma, Ohio St, USC and/ or ASU. But he had none.

Funny, I don’t see Parker or Nokjou in the 247 data base as 4* recruits...

Anyone.

Pola gates has signed for sure, its too obvious.
What an awesome job by this staff.
If a player has a commitable offer, he better take it fast.
Gotta think njoku and parker are high on the lists of wants.

ADVERTISEMENT