ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

I seen this with the beginning of this recruiting cycle too. Again being top 16-17, I think Frost JUST MIGHT know what he’s doing. Until it back fires, I say offer ever WR and RB in the country if that’s what Frost wants to do.
I may have needed to include a roll eyes emoji or something, since I was making fun of Clayborn…

I may have needed to include a roll eyes emoji or something, since I was making fun of Clayborn…
i actually just deleted my response to that. I didn’t pick that up right away. Lol

I do not believe Mr. Clayborn is a Husker fan and it is our Hawk friends attempt at a dig.

Right and I’m guessing so too. Man these Iowa Suckeye fans are truly pathetic. There are so obsessed with our Huskers is not even funny. Maybe Kirk and the SUCKeyes should follow suite instead of trying to look down on it. DBags ;)

And wasn’t Rivals supposed to do another update today and pick the final 2, 3, and 4 stars out?? I don’t see anything on it. No way they keep Luke McCaffery from his 4th star. BS they had D McCaffery and C McCaffery both 5.9 4 stars but Luke a 5.7 3 star. ESPN and 24/7 both have him as a 4 star as well. Big time miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: barney44
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_73d00745-785c-5371-a13e-f3032f6c5fc8.html
Nebraska coach Scott Frost and his staff undoubtedly feel good about the skill position talent they’ve already signed as part of the 2019 recruiting class, but they’re not done trying to add more pieces.

That much is clear given the fact that they hosted wide receiver Charles Njoku (Wayne, New Jersey) on an official visit last week alongside three defensive players and also in that the two slated official visitors for the coming weekend are wide receiver De’Mariyon Houston (Oklahoma City) and running back John Bivens (Dayton, Ohio).

Houston, a 6-foot, 165-pounder from Millwood High, is known as a speedy receiver and clocked a 200 meters time of 21.42 seconds earlier in his high school career. He was verbally committed to Texas until November.

Houston also has used an official visit to Minnesota and, according to his 247Sports profile, has one slated to Colorado just before the February signing date. He is ranked a four-star prospect by 247Sports and a three-star by Rivals.

Nebraska, of course, has already signed receivers Jamie Nance and Darien Chase along with all-purpose back Wandale Robinson, who figures to spend at least a good amount of time operating out of the slot, and is still pursuing Njoku.

Bivens, listed at 6-1 and 205, didn’t play at all during his senior season at Archbishop Alter in Ohio, but averaged nearly 10 yards per carry and scored 15 touchdowns in nine games as a junior. He was originally offered all the way back in February and was in Lincoln for the Red-White Spring Game in April. NU signed Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson in December and Dedrick Mills earlier this week, but appears to be at least considering Bivens as a serious option.

Huskers back in to see OLB Jordan: Another potential candidate for one of the remaining spots is outside linebacker Dylan Jordan (Pittsburg, Kansas). Jordan has not yet visited — he tweeted earlier this month that he plans to be on campus Jan. 25 — but the Huskers have visited him each of the past two weeks. On Thursday morning, he got a visit from NU defensive coordinator Erik Chinander, outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt and running backs coach Ryan Held.
NU already has hosted outside linebacker Steven Parker (Dallas) and juco pass-rusher Soni Fonua this month, too.

Jordan visited Utah last weekend and is slated to visit TCU this weekend.

Month of fluidity: It’s always worth reminding this time of year that fluidity typically reins in recruiting. Visit dates change. Targets change. Space dwindles. Maybe Nebraska will land four of the six players it's hosting the first two weeks of January, or maybe it will end up with none.

The Huskers have a maximum of five spots remaining at the moment and could add a commitment from touted defensive back Noa Pola-Gates (Gilbert, Arizona) on Saturday during the Polynesian Bowl. From there, they may well also save a spot to use on the transfer market after spring ball. That would leave three more openings. How those end up shaking out is anybody’s guess.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_73d00745-785c-5371-a13e-f3032f6c5fc8.html
Nebraska coach Scott Frost and his staff undoubtedly feel good about the skill position talent they’ve already signed as part of the 2019 recruiting class, but they’re not done trying to add more pieces.

That much is clear given the fact that they hosted wide receiver Charles Njoku (Wayne, New Jersey) on an official visit last week alongside three defensive players and also in that the two slated official visitors for the coming weekend are wide receiver De’Mariyon Houston (Oklahoma City) and running back John Bivens (Dayton, Ohio).

Houston, a 6-foot, 165-pounder from Millwood High, is known as a speedy receiver and clocked a 200 meters time of 21.42 seconds earlier in his high school career. He was verbally committed to Texas until November.

Houston also has used an official visit to Minnesota and, according to his 247Sports profile, has one slated to Colorado just before the February signing date. He is ranked a four-star prospect by 247Sports and a three-star by Rivals.

Nebraska, of course, has already signed receivers Jamie Nance and Darien Chase along with all-purpose back Wandale Robinson, who figures to spend at least a good amount of time operating out of the slot, and is still pursuing Njoku.

Bivens, listed at 6-1 and 205, didn’t play at all during his senior season at Archbishop Alter in Ohio, but averaged nearly 10 yards per carry and scored 15 touchdowns in nine games as a junior. He was originally offered all the way back in February and was in Lincoln for the Red-White Spring Game in April. NU signed Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson in December and Dedrick Mills earlier this week, but appears to be at least considering Bivens as a serious option.

Huskers back in to see OLB Jordan: Another potential candidate for one of the remaining spots is outside linebacker Dylan Jordan (Pittsburg, Kansas). Jordan has not yet visited — he tweeted earlier this month that he plans to be on campus Jan. 25 — but the Huskers have visited him each of the past two weeks. On Thursday morning, he got a visit from NU defensive coordinator Erik Chinander, outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt and running backs coach Ryan Held.
NU already has hosted outside linebacker Steven Parker (Dallas) and juco pass-rusher Soni Fonua this month, too.

Jordan visited Utah last weekend and is slated to visit TCU this weekend.

Month of fluidity: It’s always worth reminding this time of year that fluidity typically reins in recruiting. Visit dates change. Targets change. Space dwindles. Maybe Nebraska will land four of the six players it's hosting the first two weeks of January, or maybe it will end up with none.

The Huskers have a maximum of five spots remaining at the moment and could add a commitment from touted defensive back Noa Pola-Gates (Gilbert, Arizona) on Saturday during the Polynesian Bowl. From there, they may well also save a spot to use on the transfer market after spring ball. That would leave three more openings. How those end up shaking out is anybody’s guess.

Good stuff, but I thought we passed on Jordan.

Had 3 coaches go in home with him last night.
Yeah, but all the reports were NU and KU and KSU “found something” and backed off, at least that’s what I was seeing. Oh well. I guess it’s good he’s still in the mix cuz he’s got talent

Yeah, but all the reports were NU and KU and KSU “found something” and backed off, at least that’s what I was seeing. Oh well. I guess it’s good he’s still in the mix cuz he’s got talent
That was coming from KSU and/or KU insiders, who obviously had it wrong. I watched his film today for the first time, kid can run.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I do not believe Mr. Clayborn is a Husker fan and it is our Hawk friends attempt at a dig.

Ya caught me! I really don’t understand all the offers though. How do you keep track and prioritize that many offers? Not all offers can be commitable. I feel like that’s just throwing s*** at the wall and hoping it sticks with all those offers too. Seems like it’s kind of a lazy tactic. If it works it works I guess but I think some kids are going to see through that and all those offers they throw out. I mean it has to effect your recruiting in who your waiting around on to decide and who your keeping around waiting on the back burner.

That’s just my opinion. I come over a lot and read up on you guys. Mostly cause I’m bored and like to see what different fan bases are saying about their teams. Always gotta take a dig when I can

Ya caught me! I really don’t understand all the offers though. How do you keep track and prioritize that many offers? Not all offers can be commitable. I feel like that’s just throwing s*** at the wall and hoping it sticks with all those offers too. Seems like it’s kind of a lazy tactic. If it works it works I guess but I think some kids are going to see through that and all those offers they throw out. I mean it has to effect your recruiting in who your waiting around on to decide and who your keeping around waiting on the back burner.

That’s just my opinion. I come over a lot and read up on you guys. Mostly cause I’m bored and like to see what different fan bases are saying about their teams. Always gotta take a dig when I can
Your right, clearly out staff doesn’t know what they are doing. The current #16 recruiting class shows that. We should be more like might Iowa. Recruit in the 40’s, win 7 games a year and build a statue for the coach that does it.

Your right, clearly out staff doesn’t know what they are doing. The current #16 recruiting class shows that. We should be more like might Iowa. Recruit in the 40’s, win 7 games a year and build a statue for the coach that does it.

Go 4-8 back to back years and talk about how your closing the gap on Clemson cause you got a coach that is all hype. I mean at least he’ll always have his national championship as a player in 97 when you guys were awesome and his UCF “natty title”

Go 4-8 back to back years and talk about how your closing the gap on Clemson cause you got a coach that is all hype. I mean at least he’ll always have his national championship as a player in 97 when you guys were awesome and his UCF “natty title”

tenor.gif

Pretty sad you guys had to kick a field goal in the last seconds to beat that 4-8 team. And on your home field too!

Article on OWH Bivens sounded like he is all about N. Had a monster JR year.

Still think he is insurance at running back not knowing about the health of Ronald Thompkins and Dedrick Mills court troubles and being available till this summer..

I didn’t know offers were exclusive, visits are. If there’s players whom look worthy, you offer those and go from there.

I guarantee every coach throws offers at the top prospects, or in Iowa’s case, all the 2 stars in 8th grade

A recruiting guy down south? I’m trying to figure out if it was a random rumor someone started and it gained traction or if there was actual evidence that he didn’t like the cold.
Sorry, I thought you meant where did parked come from.

SOhusker11 said Wiltfong.

Frost started off 0-6 but then flipped the switch mid season, got the Huskers going finally from Mike Riley’s disaster, and finished the season 4-2 with loses to OSU Buckeyes by 6 points (or was it 5) and took Iowa SUCKeyes a last second field goal at home to win. Trust me the 4-8s are done and gone. But go ahead and keep thinking Frost won’t have the Huskers playing big boy football. Hell Any true football fan can see that and that’s why Experts are predicting us above Iowa SUCKeyes and a top 25 team. Not to bad for a 4-8 team in back to back seasons and there Head Coach, eh??? If I was a SUCKeye fan, I’d hold off on the shit talking because Frost has these Huskers playing good and everyone outside the the blind SUCKeye fans can see it apparently.

A recruiting guy down south? I’m trying to figure out if it was a random rumor someone started and it gained traction or if there was actual evidence that he didn’t like the cold.

He said in an interview he would only rate the visit 8 out of 10 because of the snow/cold.

I've almost never seen a recruit rate a visit lower than a 9 or 10, so an 8 was not a good sign.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT