ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates...

Doesn't ESPN have Jeremy Crabtree as there recruiting guy now. He has always hated NU

Doesn't ESPN have Jeremy Crabtree as there recruiting guy now. He has always hated NU
Crabtree has always seemed like he's had Ash borer. But in hindsight, as much as we didn't like it, he probably didn't miss the big picture by too much since our coaches weren't very good recruiters.

Remember when people were trying to say this would be a class of like 20-22? I believed all along they'd take a big ol' class and they are. And ooh baby what a finish.

I really like Parker's film. IMO he takes a spot from Jordan. Personally between Jordan and Fonua I want Soni Fonua. More developed, plays with a nasty streak a mile wide. But will they take 2 more OLB is the question. I think they should, much more so than two more WR or adding Bivens to an already crowded RB room.

Jordan to me is just suuuuuper raw and needs a lot of time to develop. Unless whoever made his film just did him a disservice by only showing plays where he's basically untouched, you don't see him strike, defeat, tackle like the other two do. I see way more polish and versatility from Parker and Fonua.

No inside info, but my guess would be the order goes Parker > Fonua > Jordan. Fonua strikes me as a strong side OLB and the other two as weak side OLB.

Remember when people were trying to say this would be a class of like 20-22? I believed all along they'd take a big ol' class and they are. And ooh baby what a finish.

I really like Parker's film. IMO he takes a spot from Jordan. Personally between Jordan and Fonua I want Soni Fonua. More developed, plays with a nasty streak a mile wide. But will they take 2 more OLB is the question. I think they should, much more so than two more WR or adding Bivens to an already crowded RB room.

Jordan to me is just suuuuuper raw and needs a lot of time to develop. Unless whoever made his film just did him a disservice by only showing plays where he's basically untouched, you don't see him strike, defeat, tackle like the other two do. I see way more polish and versatility from Parker and Fonua.

No inside info, but my guess would be the order goes Parker > Fonua > Jordan. Fonua strikes me as a strong side OLB and the other two as weak side OLB.
So beav, who would be your 5 to finish the class with?

Man, Bivens film really reminds me of LP. His running style is like watching 94-95 highlights.

Something about the way he makes his cuts and lowers his shoulder and then accelerates, it's just like Lawrence to my mind, and I've never compared another RB to him. It's fast and agile yet he's powerful and violent at the same time.

Gotta say I see what the staff sees with him. A year off is scary to me at the RB position, but if he got back to his potential...oh boy.

Man, Bivens film really reminds me of LP. His running style is like watching 94-95 highlights.

Something about the way he makes his cuts and lowers his shoulder and then accelerates, it's just like Lawrence to my mind, and I've never compared another RB to him. It's fast and agile yet he's powerful and violent at the same time.

Gotta say I see what the staff sees with him. A year off is scary to me at the RB position, but if he got back to his potential...oh boy.

Why are there players and coach’s standing behind them if it is game action?

So beav, who would be your 5 to finish the class with?
Pola-Gates
Pola-Mao
Njoku
Parker
Starks

The 5th spot is killing me. I feel pretty confident on the first 4 but the 5th is really a toss-up. Feels like we need a CB still in the class but I don't know if Starks or Mayo want to be N. I'd be happy about Bivens because I just watched his junior film and it's kinda got me drooling.

I'd love Fonua because it's a rapid upgrade at a position of need and I have a weird affinity for islander dudes.

I'll guess they take a corner based on need, but if they go for best available I could see the staff pulling their hair out deciding between Bivens and Fonua.

I'll say this for the staff: they've left themselves spoiled for choice. They have 5 spots and more than 5 really nice players they could want to sign. They have done exceptionally well in the late signing period the last two years.

Pola-Gates
Pola-Mao
Njoku
Parker
Starks

The 5th spot is killing me. I feel pretty confident on the first 4 but the 5th is really a toss-up. Feels like we need a CB still in the class but I don't know if Starks or Mayo want to be N. I'd be happy about Bivens because I just watched his junior film and it's kinda got me drooling.

I'd love Fonua because it's a rapid upgrade at a position of need and I have a weird affinity for islander dudes.

I'll guess they take a corner based on need, but if they go for best available I could see the staff pulling their hair out deciding between Bivens and Fonua.

Bivens of course..

Pola-Gates
Pola-Mao
Njoku
Parker
Starks

I'll say this for the staff: they've left themselves spoiled for choice. They have 5 spots and more than 5 really nice players they could want to sign. They have done exceptionally well in the late signing period the last two years.
I feel the same way. In a perfect world I would like to see Bland make it and take the 5th spot. But would be happy with any of the remaining options out of Bivens, Houston, Jordan, Fonu, James and Starks.

I feel the same way. In a perfect world I would like to see Bland make it and take the 5th spot. But would be happy with any of the remaining options out of Bivens, Houston, Jordan, Fonu, James and Starks.
I don't think there's any way to know whether Bland would make it by NSD. With the way schools have backed off him, I doubt he plays D1 ball this fall. JMO.

This may be redundant, but
1. NPG
2. MPM
3. Njoku
4. OLB (Parker,Jordan, Fonua)
5. Wild Card (OLB#2, Houston, Bivens, Starks, Mayo) *all reports pointing to Bland being out

That leaves two spots for 7 targets.
A good problem as mentioned, but dang I wish we could take 1-2 more.

The OLB dilemma is interesting as all three seem to bring something different.
It’s possible 4 spots are ‘reserved’ and fifth spot may be “whoever jumps on first”.

I’m wondering if this weekend will bring some movement after NPG makes it official.

Reactions: headcard
I wish I could pick the staff’s brain about their recruiting priorities down the stretch as much to learn about how they evaluate the remaining targets as to how they view our current roster (roster needs).

Reactions: headcard

Yep. I was called a lot of different kinds of stupid when I said we would take 30 Last fall.

I don’t know how you say no to Bivens if he wants to commit. A great running back is more valuable than a great player at most other positions in my opinion.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I have a weird affinity for islander dudes.

giphy.gif

I don’t know how you say no to Bivens if he wants to commit. A great running back is more valuable than a great player at most other positions in my opinion.
The question is whether he ever gets back to the level he was at in HS and then exceeds it. Over a year is a long time to be away and then try to come back and win a starting job, especially in that RB room.

You'd imagine he'd be a likely RS candidate to get his weight up and knock the rust off. Guy who gets some PT in four late games.

Reactions: red scowl
The question is whether he ever gets back to the level he was at in HS and then exceeds it. Over a year is a long time to be away and then try to come back and win a starting job, especially in that RB room.

You'd imagine he'd be a likely RS candidate to get his weight up and knock the rust off. Guy who gets some PT in four late games.
Worth taking the chance in my opinion.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Ya caught me! I really don’t understand all the offers though. How do you keep track and prioritize that many offers? Not all offers can be commitable. I feel like that’s just throwing s*** at the wall and hoping it sticks with all those offers too. Seems like it’s kind of a lazy tactic. If it works it works I guess but I think some kids are going to see through that and all those offers they throw out. I mean it has to effect your recruiting in who your waiting around on to decide and who your keeping around waiting on the back burner.

That’s just my opinion. I come over a lot and read up on you guys. Mostly cause I’m bored and like to see what different fan bases are saying about their teams. Always gotta take a dig when I can
and who do you coach and recruit for, now--alabama or clemson?

Go 4-8 back to back years and talk about how your closing the gap on Clemson cause you got a coach that is all hype. I mean at least he’ll always have his national championship as a player in 97 when you guys were awesome and his UCF “natty title”
you imbeciles out wandering about are surprisingly uncreative. do you have seminars to rehash the same pigshit on a weekly basis?

Reactions: SC_'sker
Nebraska has offered 47 WRs and 30 Running backs for the 2020 class already. Just offer everyone. Does an offer mean anything?

Yep, we should be using the io_a model...our recruiting class would be all the way up to 39th!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT