ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting from Texas

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
Texas has always been a big piece of the puzzle with players like Broderick Thomas, Aaron Graham, Rex Burkhead, etc. The current roster has more players from Florida than Texas. I feel that Texas is a better fit for keeping players since they aren't so far from home and Texas is more like Nebraska culturally. Any idea if Frost and company just aren't recruiting Texas that hard (especially with Hermann on his way out) or why the pipeline has diminished? The obvious answer in some respects is we left the Big 12.

Texas has always been a big piece of the puzzle with players like Broderick Thomas, Aaron Graham, Rex Burkhead, etc. The current roster has more players from Florida than Texas. I feel that Texas is a better fit for keeping players since they aren't so far from home and Texas is more like Nebraska culturally. Any idea if Frost and company just aren't recruiting Texas that hard (especially with Hermann on his way out) or why the pipeline has diminished? The obvious answer in some respects is we left the Big 12.
I agree traditionally we’ve had much better luck with Texas and it’s a big state to find kids who don’t need to be in the Big12.
Our Florida kids are leaving as fast as we’re bringing them in.

We've done fairly well with Georgia the last few years. Let's increase our focus there, Dallas fort Worth, St Louis, Chicago, and Arizona

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT