ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Bank employee says A Mart has an NFL arm

Wideouts say Martinez has a zip on the ball. Martinez himself says he feels healthy and confident. All indications are that the Huskers’ starting quarterback is in a strong place right now.

200.gif

head scratcher:

>> The vertical passing game continues to be an emphasis, as Lubick said Nebraska is completing more of those kinds of balls this spring. Asked why that was, Martin said Nebraska has adjusted its progressions. Last season, he said, the deep route wasn’t always the first read; this spring, quarterbacks are looking downfield first and then coming back.

Hey Grandpa Simpson, I'm still waiting for you to explain what Lubick's job with that credit union included.

I'm not a fan of Lubick, but a goober who can't even form a complete sentence making fun of his employment history is downright hilarious.

Head scratcher:

>> The vertical passing game continues to be an emphasis, as Lubick said Nebraska is completing more of those kinds of balls this spring. Asked why that was, Martin said Nebraska has adjusted its progressions. Last season, he said, the deep route wasn’t always the first read; this spring, quarterbacks are looking downfield first and then coming back.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hey Grandpa Simpson, I'm still waiting for you to explain what Lubick's job with that credit union included.

I'm not a fan of Lubick, but a goober who can't even form a complete sentence making fun of his employment history is downright hilarious.

Which sentence are you referring to?

It appears, after further review, Matt worked in the University Relations department of Canvas Credit Union. This means the bank tellers were more familiar with Banking Operations than Matt, especially considering Matt had zero prior experience and only got the job because of his dad, you know via Nepotism.

The University in question was Colorado State.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
It appears, after further review, Matt worked in the University Relations department of Canvas Credit Union. This means the bank tellers were more familiar with Banking Operations than Matt, especially considering Matt had zero prior experience and only got the job because of his dad, you know via Nepotism.

The University in question was Colorado State.
I never said Lubick didn't get that job because of his dad - of course he did. I was just responding to the room-temperature-IQ boob who relentlessly insists on claiming he worked as a bank teller.

I never said Lubick didn't get that job because of his dad - of course he did. I was just responding to the room-temperature-IQ boob who relentlessly insists on claiming he worked as a bank teller.

LOL, ramping up the personal attacks since you're a little homo.

Physical ability has never been an issue despite how much some folks like to bag on him.

1. Quick Accurate Decision Making accross board
2. Consistent Accuracy in passing game
3. % of runs that end in fumble combined with volume of carries

2600 yards passing and 17/8 in 2018 is not bad for freshman when he had Zig, Morgan, Spielmann and a nice big ten average offensive line. Unfortunately as talent dropped he regressed in all the areas or maybe it was just harder for coaches to manage him without the running game we had in 2018 and a physical go to receiver like Morgan.

I would like to believe that those things can be fixed enough that his true physical ability can show through consistently. I am catiously optimistic that he can improve on the Freshman performance in 2021. I believe the overall talent is better than 2018 and think we will see the improvement from freshman year we hoped for in 2019. I will probably regret this in some future post but I think we ill see something like following from Martinez in 2021

3000 yards passing (250 per game assuming he plays 12)
There will be a 1000 yard receiver like 2018
21 TD to 7 Int
600 yards rushing with attempt averaging less than 10 per game (not counting sacks)
Overall turnovers about 1 per game
Not great but enough to win West.

Physical ability has never been an issue despite how much some folks like to bag on him.

1. Quick Accurate Decision Making accross board
2. Consistent Accuracy in passing game
3. % of runs that end in fumble combined with volume of carries

2600 yards passing and 17/8 in 2018 is not bad for freshman when he had Zig, Morgan, Spielmann and a nice big ten average offensive line. Unfortunately as talent dropped he regressed in all the areas or maybe it was just harder for coaches to manage him without the running game we had in 2018 and a physical go to receiver like Morgan.

I would like to believe that those things can be fixed enough that his true physical ability can show through consistently. I am catiously optimistic that he can improve on the Freshman performance in 2021. I believe the overall talent is better than 2018 and think we will see the improvement from freshman year we hoped for in 2019. I will probably regret this in some future post but I think we ill see something like following from Martinez in 2021

3000 yards passing (250 per game assuming he plays 12)
There will be a 1000 yard receiver like 2018
21 TD to 7 Int
600 yards rushing with attempt averaging less than 10 per game (not counting sacks)
Overall turnovers about 1 per game
Not great but enough to win West.
Agree that he's got the physical talent, but is lacking in the other areas. Not sure if its a him issue, coaching, or a lot of both. I'm not too confident in us having any real threat of a passing game, even though we have some talent there. Just hoping our run game (rb's) are enough of a threat so that d's have to give it some consideration.

There has been at most 2 times, AM has bowed up to the challenge to come from behind and beat an opponent and approx 20+ times, he hasn't.

Unless the team gets out in front early, history says he's 90% more likely to fold under the pressure when those situations present themselves.

You can't win divisions without changing that. He has to be able to pull the rabbit out of the hat when it's needed. Not when you want to, not when you feel like it, but when it's presented in front of you. That is the biggest issue with AM in my opinion.

Yep and 2 years ago our head coach was saying Martinez was making passes only pat Mahomes could make.

Not putting any stock into this until I see results on the field.
Adrian has a below average arm for the B1G. Just look at the recent practice footage. He's no where close to having an arm like Mahomes. We arent winning shit so long as he's the quarterback.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Yep and 2 years ago our head coach was saying Martinez was making passes only pat Mahomes could make.

Not putting any stock into this until I see results on the field.

No question after starting for 3 years we need actual proof during games this season before I believe he‘s back to original playing ability his Freshman year..

Reactions: TheNewNU
head scratcher:

Going to need at least a little bit of blocking to give time for the deep balls. That is something that has been missing. From the practice though 2am does have the best arm among our QBs. NFL caliber, maybe if he gets to wear a green jersey in the NFL.

I don't know about that but I know I'm still seeing inaccurate balls in the vids I've seen. Throwing inside and behind receivers instead of leading them. Hopefully by the end of fall and summer camp he can fix it be I'm starting to believe that's just who he is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT