ADVERTISEMENT

Reccommend a New Coach

Any of the following.....

Rick Majerus, David Rose, John Groce, Tim Floyd, Ben Jacobson, Chris Mack, Larry Eustachy, Steve Alford, Kevin Stallings, Tommy Amaker, Tim Miles, etc etc

Isn't steve alford the coach of New Mexico? If so he would be a great pick, former player and a coach with a great track record. that would be a great nebraska, could be a difference maker. I rick majerus but he won't be around in 5 years he is old. if he would coach 10 years at nebraska that would be another thing but only a few years would not be enough.

I say Groce,Eustacy or Sutton. Amaker scares me for his performance in Michigan and samd with Davis at Indiana. I personally would like Groce. Don't ridicule me because I am a sooner football fan but I have been a husker hooper fan forever. I so want this program to get better so they can shutup these stupid bluebirds from omaha.

Is it funny that Nebraska still thinks they can get the likes of Alford or Rick. Honestly, I think your best bet right now would be a guy like Eustacey. That guy still has his family in Ames and had a lot of ties to the area. The only problem is his name has been dragged through the mud here in the mid-west. Don't expect the splash hire you were all hoping for, just not a very appealing job.

Originally posted by icedragon :
Isn't steve alford the coach of New Mexico? If so he would be a great pick, former player and a coach with a great track record. that would be a great nebraska, could be a difference maker.FONT>

Sorry but
roll.gif

On Alfords way out the door in Iowa he stated he couldn't get the program to where it needed to be bc Iowa was a football school. Well Iowa had some damn fine BB tradition and made a hell of a run through the 80s and 90s in being consistantly in the top25 and making the tourney.

Iowa would have hardly been considered a FB school more than a BB school when he took over...however he did help create that perception by assisting in making our program avg.

If he was pissed about Iowa being a FB school then how on earth would he be able to survive in Lincoln...Alford won't happen.

What about Mark Few of Gonzaga? I know he has a good gig going there but not in a BCS conference. I think he makes some good cash at Gonz. but the chance to be in the B1G opposed to the WCC should spark some interest. Every year Gonz. has to schedule a really tough non-con schedule to get some quality wins (or "good" losses) on the schedule. He wouldn't have to do that at Neb with a B1G conference schedule and I think he could still pull recruits from the same areas he has been for years. I am a Gonzaga fan second to the Huskers so would hate to see him leave, but would love to see him in a Husker red tie on the sidelines! Go get him! GBR

Originally posted by burgundy95:
What about Mark Few of Gonzaga? I know he has a good gig going there but not in a BCS conference. I think he makes some good cash at Gonz. but the chance to be in the B1G opposed to the WCC should spark some interest. Every year Gonz. has to schedule a really tough non-con schedule to get some quality wins (or "good" losses) on the schedule. He wouldn't have to do that at Neb with a B1G conference schedule and I think he could still pull recruits from the same areas he has been for years. I am a Gonzaga fan second to the Huskers so would hate to see him leave, but would love to see him in a Husker red tie on the sidelines! Go get him! GBR

Why leave a program he has been at for 20 years..... has taken to the dance 13 times in a row....not to mention he is the best coach they have ever had to come to a job with a pretty crappy fan base..... no tradition and is tough to recruit to? People talk about the new arena and all of that but bottom line if we are not winning 2-3 years into the new arena fans wont come. This (NE basketball) is a very fickle fanbase overall. As much as I like Few he would be dumb to leave that situation especially with the team they have coming back next year (they will be preseason top 10-15) to come to a school like Nebraska.

This coaching search was a painful reminder of this athletic department not giving two you know whats about hoops for two decades. TO's hands were tied and anyone who tought a rock star hire was coming has scarlet glasses on. I thought Miles, Groce or Rose was the best we could do. Maybe Majerus. Now look at the same conference and Rose from BYU was a coach I thought would be a great hire here. Oh well. Go get em Miles!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT