ADVERTISEMENT

Reason why Tom Osborne wouldn't succeed in this day and age

You gotta read between the lines to spot a troll. He's saying TO couldn't recruit criminals, ie like Briles. It's just a troll post, not something to invest actual thought into.
Fair enough, but it has been something people have said over the past 20 years because of the offense he ran. I go back to the old coaching saying; "it is not what you do, but how effectively you do it." I have no doubt Osborne could run the same offense today and have a great deal of success.

Take a 40 year old Tom Osborne and put him at Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, or Wisconsin and within a few years he's competing every year for the conference and national title.

Same with Meyer, Saban, Bowden. Great coaches can recruit to their style and they tend to hired great assistants.
Art Briles had Baylor in contention for the playoffs in 2014, but then the s*** hit the fan, Baylor got hit with sanctions and went back down the toilet again. Briles was great for short term success but not so much for long term success. Of course if you wish to compare short term success of Art Briles vs Tom Osborne, Briles had far greater short term success because he took Baylor from the toilet to being a playoff contender. Osborne took over a program in excellent condition, he didn't start off with a dumpster fire like Art Briles.

Reactions: cheddarwurst
Art Briles had Baylor in contention for the playoffs in 2014, but then the s*** hit the fan, Baylor got hit with sanctions and went back down the toilet again. Briles was great for short term success but not so much for long term success. Of course if you wish to compare short term success of Art Briles vs Tom Osborne, Briles had far greater short term success because he took Baylor from the toilet to being a playoff contender. Osborne took over a program in excellent condition, he didn't start off with a dumpster fire like Art Briles.
GTFO

Smh….

Husker fans: when you read posts/topics like this, from users like this….

DO NOT RESPOND.

Some people hated Tom when he was the coach and have continued to hate him all these years later. If you hate him for his role in hiring wrong coaches, that's one thing. Hating him for his own coaching seems ludicrous at this point....

Why aRe ThEy RuNnInG oPtIoN tO tHe ShOrT sIdE?! ERMAGERD!!!

Some people hated Tom when he was the coach and have continued to hate him all these years later. If you hate him for his role in hiring wrong coaches, that's one thing. Hating him for his own coaching seems ludicrous at this point....

Why aRe ThEy RuNnInG oPtIoN tO tHe ShOrT sIdE?! ERMAGERD!!!
Maybe it was the sexual assaults, robbers, murderers, steroids, etc etc.

Reactions: pharvey0829
Yes. Considering I joined at the start of November. Can you tell me exactly what I am supposed to support right now? Is it the moral victory to Ohio state or the moral victory against Purdue? Or am I supposed fo applaud 4 assistant coaches being fired while the leader of said position group stays not because of empirical data. But because he is a Nebraska guy. Held and Austin are Nebraska guys too FYI. What exactly am I supporting?
Don't forget the moral victory over Minnesota. AMart was set to drive you guys for the winning score, before that safety.

Reactions: cheddarwurst
Don't forget the moral victory over Minnesota. AMart was set to drive you guys for the winning score, before that safety.
Why are you here? The loss to Illinois alone should keep you away. 6 points scored against Illinois? At home? Wow… add that to the 10 points at home in there loss to bowling green and I seriously don’t get why you’re here.

We suck. And you have scoreboard. I would rather have your record than ours. But those losses are worse losses than any of Nebraska’s losses.

Reason why Tom Osborne wouldn't succeed in this day and age​

Maybe because he's eighty-freakin-four years old????

Reactions: Bugeater
There’s a whole lot of pretty in that video.
they are hard on them k-pop groups...but twice makes serious money now, I guess each one is from a different asian country...or real diverse asian origins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT