ADVERTISEMENT

Really tried to get on board with the Bucs picking Winston

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
The front office said they interviewed 70+ people to get a feel for what kind of young man he is. Was he just a kid that made a couple mistakes or was there a trend? Apparently he came out smelling like roses because they took him. He said he learned alot from this past year and was ready to move on....he'd grown up.
So the first thing he does is post a picture of himself and crab legs. While I understand the joke part of it, I still have to say really? You do that the night of the draft to show how you've moved on and grew up? What an idiot. And he only took it down after he was "encouraged" by the Buccaneers.........ugh.

You do have to wonder, what was the real consequence the kid has ever felt? More positive reinforcement(drafted #1) for negative behavior. This isn't just an issue for Winston though. It has been repeated throughout history for people who have a special talent in sports.

People who have displayed far worse behavior have been given multiple chances. You just hope that in Winston's case, it isn't a pattern of behavior that builds on itself into more detrimental behavior.

Reactions: huskerj12
I'm always amazed how people can be in their "bubble" and have such a distorted view of themselves compared to people outside their bubble. At least Manziel told everyone to f-off, I'm doing what I want. Winston tells everyone, "I get it now" then does the same old stuff. He's a phoney and a liar, character-wise. Sometimes that translates to a failure on the field, but not always.

You do have to wonder, what was the real consequence the kid has ever felt? More positive reinforcement(drafted #1) for negative behavior. This isn't just an issue for Winston though. It has been repeated throughout history for people who have a special talent in sports.

People who have displayed far worse behavior have been given multiple chances. You just hope that in Winston's case, it isn't a pattern of behavior that builds on itself into more detrimental behavior.

At the end of the day, talented people are judged differently than others. That comes with the territory of being talented. They can do something others cannot and in a capitalistic society, they are given a different set of rules. This happens in all facets of the world - not sports alone. If you're an amazing sales person, you are given a longer leash than if you're just an average sales person.

If you can engineer technology better than anyone else, you also have a longer leash. That's the way the world has worked and will continue to work. Some of us less-talented people may hold a grudge against those people but in a bottom-line world, this is the reality.

The front office said they interviewed 70+ people to get a feel for what kind of young man he is. Was he just a kid that made a couple mistakes or was there a trend? Apparently he came out smelling like roses because they took him. He said he learned alot from this past year and was ready to move on....he'd grown up.
So the first thing he does is post a picture of himself and crab legs. While I understand the joke part of it, I still have to say really? You do that the night of the draft to show how you've moved on and grew up? What an idiot. And he only took it down after he was "encouraged" by the Buccaneers.........ugh.
Wasted pick. I wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole. Many if not most of the GMs in the league felt that way. This pick was designed to sell tickets in Florida. They figure that they can sell enough season tickets and boxes based on this pick to pay the salary.

Wasted pick. I wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole. Many if not most of the GMs in the league felt that way. This pick was designed to sell tickets in Florida. They figure that they can sell enough season tickets and boxes based on this pick to pay the salary.

Source? I call complete BS.

Reactions: chicolby
Complete idiot. Doesn't get it, still. Also, just for good measure, I believe the girl and I think he got away with rape. Just the guy you want to hand your keys to while writing him a huge check. That kid is just a total douche who is only going to get worse now that he's worth millions and for a few years anyway, has more power than the H.C. BUT, just like RG3, I believe he will show everyone he isn't all that and eventually he will find himself in the exact same spot as RG, but not before he gets at least one coach fired. Maybe two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT