ADVERTISEMENT

Really good read on the bin Laden raid

Excellent detail in this oral history
The exact same commentary is in a history channel program that I watched on Sunday. It might be a lot of repeat but with the watch is worth it as you get to see the people saying these things, including Obama, and their facial expressions. Plenty of video (many blacked out) of the navy seals and others that executed the raid . The ending of the navy seal “hugged by neighbor” was f’n so moving as she knew he was gone during event but home soon after and she pieces things together and hugs him hard and says “you bever really know what your neighbors do” and walks off as they each finish taking garbage out that morning She then figured it out and was moved to tears Awesome.

the level of amateurism of some political appointees is dumbfounding....from both parties. At least one of the house leaders didn't share the information with his Chinese spy girlfriend. Or did he? You can't make this sh## up......
I know right? 4 Star General David Petraeus was forced to resign as Director of the CIA after it was discovered that he was shoveling classified information via encrypted webmail to his girlfriend.

What the hell was he thinking, you ask? Why would a highly decorated war hero entrusted to lead the country's central intelligence agency willingly commit crimes, betray his country, and risk a stellar reputation built up over 35 years? Pussy. He was in an extra-marital affair and ended up being seduced into handing over the info. Here's the kicker: she was fvckn ugly.

I had an opportunity to attend a speech given by Rob ONeil ( the SEAL who shot BL) and meet him afterwards. Really interesting , zero BS guy.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I know right? 4 Star General David Petraeus was forced to resign as Director of the CIA after it was discovered that he was shoveling classified information via encrypted webmail to his girlfriend.

What the hell was he thinking, you ask? Why would a highly decorated war hero entrusted to lead the country's central intelligence agency willingly commit crimes, betray his country, and risk a stellar reputation built up over 35 years? Pussy. He was in an extra-marital affair and ended up being seduced into handing over the info. Here's the kicker: she was fvckn ugly.
Could you imagine the stuff she would do though?!

Either way...pu$$y is still undefeated.

"Pussy is undefeated"

the level of amateurism of some political appointees is dumbfounding....from both parties. At least one of the house leaders didn't share the information with his Chinese spy girlfriend. Or did he? You can't make this sh## up......

It's not confined to political appointees. Military folk who wield a bit of power especially in an active war zone don't always follow the same security precautions as say a civilian would be expected to partake back at home in a secure facility. This has been and always will be the case.

However, it does not ease the tension when some mid level civilian (or any rank civilian realistically) is deployed forward to support these elements, and the task force at various levels wants to talk about tonights raid in the chow hall over eggs prepared by all manner of foreign nationals.

Most GS civilians are not going to tell SOF operators and commanders to shut up while a guest on their base. Its your fastest ticket home. Generally my view is that its their lives on the line, if they want to talk business over dinner, that's fine, and I'll deal with security at my next polygraph when I get back home.

I had an opportunity to attend a speech given by Rob ONeil ( the SEAL who shot BL) and meet him afterwards. Really interesting , zero BS guy.

Quite a few of the Delta guys have been doing some good interviews on Youtube as well if you like that kinda thing. Also Jocko Willink who has created a sort of mini-media empire as a former SEAL.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The exact same commentary is in a history channel program that I watched on Sunday. It might be a lot of repeat but with the watch is worth it as you get to see the people saying these things, including Obama, and their facial expressions. Plenty of video (many blacked out) of the navy seals and others that executed the raid . The ending of the navy seal “hugged by neighbor” was f’n so moving as she knew he was gone during event but home soon after and she pieces things together and hugs him hard and says “you bever really know what your neighbors do” and walks off as they each finish taking garbage out that morning She then figured it out and was moved to tears Awesome.
I watched that on demand tonight, very well done.

Serious question...has there been a day since that we were as unified as Americans? I can't think we all were gripped by TV reports and 24 hr coverage. Aw
As a country, I do believe we were glued to the TV. Back then, people used to wave "United We Stand".
100319117.jpg

Reactions: baseball31ne
Ahhh yes I remember how excited we all were, no matter what side of the political isle you were on. Contrast that to the way certain people acted the last time a famous bad guy was taken out.

I literally cried at the end of this.....so much on the line...so much risk....love these guys having their last meals with their familiies and leaving them letters...I'm drained.....

I don't condone what happened on Janu 6th, but that thing has been blown so far out of proportion it is borderline insane levels at this point. You would think the capitol burned and confirmation of the election never happened.
It's hard to respond to posts like these without getting into a tit for tat. I'll say this much, the attack on the capitol left 5 people dead. Are you suggesting that isn't enough death to get worked up over?

Every hot girl walking into her interview (you know, the first job they have until they marry rich) knows...if a dude is doing the hiring, she is getting the job.
screw that. You want the smart, ogre who is a grinder and finds validation in outperforming hot chick. That will get you some production in the office. Treat her right and she won't leave you.

Reactions: BigTimeFan75
It's hard to respond to posts like these without getting into a tit for tat. I'll say this much, the attack on the capitol left 5 people dead. Are you suggesting that isn't enough death to get worked up over?
how did they die?

A simple "yeah, I don't know what I'm doing here" is probably the easiest way out for you.
You really are a stupid twat. Did we drop the bomb on Japan? Prove it. Was there a holocaust? Prove it. You are a moron. See the above post. Proved it.

You really are a stupid twat. Did we drop the bomb on Japan? Prove it. Was there a holocaust? Prove it. You are a moron. See the above post. Proved it.
Hmmmm. Those are easily provable. I'm not even asking you to prove that five people died, I'm just asking if you know how they died. I guess you don't know. You sure got angry about it. Again, "I don't know" would have saved you a few temper tantrums.

Hmmmm. Those are easily provable. I'm not even asking you to prove that five people died, I'm just asking if you know how they died. I guess you don't know. You sure got angry about it. Again, "I don't know" would have saved you a few temper tantrums.
Asking me if I know how they died, when their causes of death are not really in dispute, is nothing more than thinly veiled political garbage, which you mistakenly believe is a clever point in disguise.

Asking me if I know how they died, when their causes of death are not really in dispute, is nothing more than thinly veiled political garbage, which you mistakenly believe is a clever point in disguise.
I think I know two causes of death, but I don't know the other three. One of the people died from being shot by a cop (we sure don't hear too much about it, maybe if she would have been trying to slash someone to death it would be important enough to be upset at the cop and the Country). Speaking of thinly veiled political garbage, that isn't clever in the least, I give you "I'll say this much, the attack on the capitol left 5 people dead." So, I'll give you one more chance to not look like a chump. How did those five people die?

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT