ADVERTISEMENT

Really Exciting Stuff on the Recruiting Front

Husk10

All-American
Dec 3, 2005
Texas
On top of Simmons and now, Dismuke decommitting from their school, Top 250 WR/S/LB, Michael Pittman has decommitted from UCLA.

In his original message on Twitter, Keyshawn, Jr, simple said "Nebraska?"

I think Pittman was also a part of the group from CA who came this spring.

If all things pan out NU's way, we could be looking at a monster couple years, recruiting wise.

Thoughts?

Super exciting to e reading this stuff. I firmly believe if you give MR similar talent to whoever he is playing, he gets the nod as the difference and will win more of those than he loses. That isn't even mentioning the teams he out talents and the automatic "W"'s we used to see so many years ago.

This can't be! MR can only recruit Oregon State level recruits!!!

/s

This is awesome. If MR some how pulls out Pittman, Johnson, Dismuke, and Simmons I will be ecstatic. That has the making for a great class.

I also saw an interview will Farnoik (sp?) recently. He mentioned Nebraska and Iowa are his top two with some west coast teams trailing. He would also be a jewel in this class.

Reactions: HuskerO
Super exciting to e reading this stuff. I firmly believe if you give MR similar talent to whoever he is playing, he gets the nod as the difference and will win more of those than he loses. That isn't even mentioning the teams he out talents and the automatic "W"'s we used to see so many years ago.

Your wife called. She said you're premature. RollingLaugh jk jk, but seriously. Let's at least let Coach Riley coach a few games here.

Last edited:
It's a big 'IF' to see if all this pans out in nebraska's favor, but if it does, will we hear from those who have been very critical of recruiting to this point?

Just the amount of interest and the fact that some of these "high profile" kids are making their way to Lincoln for actual visits is very promising. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think there are reasons to be optimistic. Having said that, it is a wait and see if any of this translates in to success on the field.

I think it's ironic that people are saying "wait until MR gets some real talent, his teams are going to be awesome." Not so fast.....wasn't there just an article about BYU's program and how they've been able to build a very successful winning program with just above average talent? If MR is that good, shouldn't he have done the same thing at OSU?

I'll admit, all of this activity is getting me pumped---die hard Husker fans have had to endure many years of mediocrity. I would love to see NU return to a top 10 program. I'm optimistic but somewhat skeptical at the same time, but I definitely think there is something good brewing in Lincoln. GBR!

It's a big 'IF' to see if all this pans out in nebraska's favor, but if it does, will we hear from those who have been very critical of recruiting to this point?

It is looking a lot better than what it was prior to the spring game, and I'll be very happy if we land a good class. Sometimes it's fun to stir the pot though. I'm still going to take the "wait-and-see" approach because we do have to wait-and-see, but definitely some good things happening.

There's another highly rated WR that has NU on the short list, that I know of. Clyde LeFlore-Chriss from New Orleans. We may have to wait for official visits to crank up for some of the players to complete their evaluations.

Just the amount of interest and the fact that some of these "high profile" kids are making their way to Lincoln for actual visits is very promising. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think there are reasons to be optimistic. Having said that, it is a wait and see if any of this translates in to success on the field.

I think it's ironic that people are saying "wait until MR gets some real talent, his teams are going to be awesome." Not so fast.....wasn't there just an article about BYU's program and how they've been able to build a very successful winning program with just above average talent? If MR is that good, shouldn't he have done the same thing at OSU?

I'll admit, all of this activity is getting me pumped---die hard Husker fans have had to endure many years of mediocrity. I would love to see NU return to a top 10 program. I'm optimistic but somewhat skeptical at the same time, but I definitely think there is something good brewing in Lincoln. GBR!

Couldn't have said it better myself

If this does come to fruition Coach Riley will have to have a solid season. The tea leaves all point to success.

Coach Riley has an extremely good reputation as a coach and developer of talent, not to mention an honest upstanding guy. Nebraska also on the whole has a very good reputation for doing things the right way on a national level. There is a lot of synergy when you add these things together. Moving to a pro style offense I think is a good thing too. I guess what I am saying is, when you add these things together and start to build some momentum, there is a lot of potential for success for not only the program, but the players as well. Most recruits are not going to be intentionally reckless about their future decision and they will listen to others, parents & coaches alike. Having that type of reputation from both the coach and school, is a pretty compelling argument for a young person making life choices for their future.

Great post.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the problem that Bama, Ohio State, etc. have? The coaches having to sit there and say."Gee, which of these top players do we choose? We need 2 WR's but 4 of these top 250 players want to come here...hmmm...decisions, decisions."
Seems like Riley might actually be able to get us close to that (keeps fingers crossed).

Wouldn't it be nice to have the problem that Bama, Ohio State, etc. have? The coaches having to sit there and say."Gee, which of these top players do we choose? We need 2 WR's but 4 of these top 250 players want to come here...hmmm...decisions, decisions."
Seems like Riley might actually be able to get us close to that (keeps fingers crossed).

While you are correct, that is an awesome problem to have, as you eluded to, NU is not their yet. But, really it takes one or two top flight recruits to peer recruit and bring in other top flight talent. I think Keyshawn Jr. can be that individual for NU in 16-17. Add in that POB is an "Elite 11" QB, and that the '18 class could have a local high 4* player (Jurgens) along with a potential 5* WR in Hightower. This all leads to the classes of 2016-2018 being a catalyst for future success.

On top of Simmons and now, Dismuke decommitting from their school, Top 250 WR/S/LB, Michael Pittman has decommitted from UCLA.

In his original message on Twitter, Keyshawn, Jr, simple said "Nebraska?"

I think Pittman was also a part of the group from CA who came this spring.

If all things pan out NU's way, we could be looking at a monster couple years, recruiting wise.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure that I would be counting on Pittman to be N:

Pittman decommits from UCLA

Edward Lewis
BruinSportsReport.com

Michael Pittman has waffled on his pledge seemingly since the day he made it back in the fall, and finally, on Wednesday, he pulled the commitment.

"I'm announcing my decommit from UCLA," the four-star athlete tweeted. "I appreciate everything they have done for me and I wish them the best."

At a 7-on-7 tournament late last month, the Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian athlete said he was a soft verbal and added schools like Oregon and USC were giving him a lot to think about.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound receiver / safety is actually slated to visit Oregon on June 20. Last month, he said the Ducks were probably the biggest threat to his UCLA commitment, and that still looks to be the case.

"With Oregon, it's been the place to be since I was in Pop Warner," Pittman said. "Everyone talks about it having the nicest everything, so I can't wait to get up there and see everything for myself. Coach (Matt) Lubick has been talking to mostly, but I hear from all their coaches. I hear from their defensive backs coach, their linebackers coach and their receivers coach. Really, I'm just going to try to get a feel for everything when I get up there."

I will stand by my statement from a few weeks back. If Mike Reilly can find a way to win some big games this year. Especially the Wisconsin and then somehow someway beat MSU. THe flood gates may be open. I don't fault the kids for one second having a wait and see attitude. I hope that everyone on here and in husker nation makes the MSU game one of the most electric atmospheres ever. That game with a win could change this program's recruiting front. Kids want to win and we can shut up all the negative recruiters who have attacked our lack of big game win's over the last few years.

I will stand by my statement from a few weeks back. If Mike Reilly can find a way to win some big games this year. Especially the Wisconsin and then somehow someway beat MSU. THe flood gates may be open. I don't fault the kids for one second having a wait and see attitude. I hope that everyone on here and in husker nation makes the MSU game one of the most electric atmospheres ever. That game with a win could change this program's recruiting front. Kids want to win and we can shut up all the negative recruiters who have attacked our lack of big game win's over the last few years.
Spot on, but not sure who this Reilly guy is.

Reactions: Redrico
He's been our coach for 6 months now. It's spelled Riley.

Sorry to single you out... You're not the only one to misspell his name.

Looks like I was too slow...

When you're old and been around as long as I have you live by the Missouri state motto, "Show Me." Before I jump on the MR bandwagon he is going to have to show me for at least 2 full years. Being a Husker I will root like crazy for em but before I drink any kool-aid, "Show Me"!

When you're old and been around as long as I have you live by the Missouri state motto, "Show Me." Before I jump on the MR bandwagon he is going to have to show me for at least 2 full years. Being a Husker I will root like crazy for em but before I drink any kool-aid, "Show Me"!

Well, isn't recruiting part of what you want him to show you? I agree we all want to see MR win some games the guy who shall not be named couldn't, but he can't do that without the horses. Right now, he is showing you he can get the horses. Since it's the off season, that's all we got. It's OK, go ahead and get excited, it feels great.

I'm not sure that I would be counting on Pittman to be N:

Pittman decommits from UCLA

Edward Lewis
BruinSportsReport.com

Michael Pittman has waffled on his pledge seemingly since the day he made it back in the fall, and finally, on Wednesday, he pulled the commitment.

"I'm announcing my decommit from UCLA," the four-star athlete tweeted. "I appreciate everything they have done for me and I wish them the best."

At a 7-on-7 tournament late last month, the Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian athlete said he was a soft verbal and added schools like Oregon and USC were giving him a lot to think about.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound receiver / safety is actually slated to visit Oregon on June 20. Last month, he said the Ducks were probably the biggest threat to his UCLA commitment, and that still looks to be the case.

"With Oregon, it's been the place to be since I was in Pop Warner," Pittman said. "Everyone talks about it having the nicest everything, so I can't wait to get up there and see everything for myself. Coach (Matt) Lubick has been talking to mostly, but I hear from all their coaches. I hear from their defensive backs coach, their linebackers coach and their receivers coach. Really, I'm just going to try to get a feel for everything when I get up there."

I'm not counting on Pittman or any of these kids. It's just exciting to see a lot of this talent think of NU. In a perfect world, it's be great to get them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: GretnaShawn
I'm not counting on Pittman or any of these kids. It's just exciting to see a lot of this talent think of NU. In a perfect world, it's be great to get th all.
Pretty much this. They're not committed, so it really doesn't matter right now. But it's exciting that we truly look like we're in the mix.

Reactions: Husk10
You go ahead and wait, I'm ready to be excited about Nebraska football again and I believe everything I typed.

A lot of people said the same thing about Bill Callahan. I hope Riley does superb, all I'm saying is we don't need to drink the koolaid before he even conducts his 1st fall practice or has his depth chart finalized.

Great post.
After ASU and the UofA left the WAC, BYU was the big dog. Put BYU in the PAC where they would once again play the Arizona schools as well as the other top PAC programs and we'd be reading entirely different stories about BYU. Great post? Only if you are Boliever who can't miss a chance to take a potshot at Riley.

After ASU and the UofA left the WAC, BYU was the big dog. Put BYU in the PAC where they would once again play the Arizona schools as well as the other top PAC programs and we'd be reading entirely different stories about BYU. Great post? Only if you are Boliever who can't miss a chance to take a potshot at Riley.
Huh?

A lot of people said the same thing about Bill Callahan. I hope Riley does superb, all I'm saying is we don't need to drink the koolaid before he even conducts his 1st fall practice or has his depth chart finalized.

Like I said, trains leaving the station. You can wait for the next one. MR is 100 times the coach Callahan or Bo is, no need for the rearview mirror here.

Like I said, trains leaving the station. You can wait for the next one. MR is 100 times the coach Callahan or Bo is, no need for the rearview mirror here.

To stir the pot and completely derail the thread that I started....BC was a Defensive Coordinator away from having some really good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT