ADVERTISEMENT

Reality: Scott Frost fields undisciplined and unorganized teams

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
1: Losing close games every year as a head coach at Nebraska. That is good if those games were turned around into wins but it's always been clsoe losses for 3 years and now 4 games into his 4th season as the head coach.

At some point you have to know that is what he is, a coach that loses and loses but doesn't get blown out that often.

2: This team plays hard for Coach Chin. The offense doesn't play hard for Scott Frost.

3: Coach Chin should be given the opportunity of being an interim head coach the rest of the season (said it after IL game too).

4: It doesn't matter who we play, how big or small the game is, it's the same stupid shit every game that Scott Frost coaches at Nebraska - sloppy, undisciplined, unorganized, bad fundamentals, poor schemes on offense, and lack of attention on special teams.

5: Scott Frost fails to understand there are three phases to a football game - special teams, offense, and defense. If you can't do basic stuff correctly, you will never win games against talented teams. Losing close games means nothing if you keep losing and losing and losing and losing.

The thing I feel good about is that the players are not broken like they were at the end of the Riley era and the next head coach will have plenty of things to work with.

Scott Frost, when he gets fired, will be due to him putting out undisciplined and unorganized games every game. He has never had one complete game as the head coach. Never. He isn't good.

Michigan State and Northwestern will be the dagger in all of this if Trev wants to take forever to do what we know will happen.

That was a very winnable game today for any coach with this Nebraska team that can coach up his players to play organized, mistake-free, disciplined football.

What is acceptable? I think of Frank's record and how his teams were playing OVERALL when he got fired......and what is going on now.

Trev has said increments of progress. It's the same issues over and over. What is Trev measuring? He said it's not wins.

Reactions: arizonared1
People were blasting Chin early on. But he is one of the brighter spots on this staff....
Yes. Chin improved his side of the ball. But Scott runs this offense and it's been unorganized and undisciplined for 4 years now.

The biggest failure is never improving special teams. It's worse than last year and the year before.

Special teams alone today were a negative 9 or 11 points. A good and clean special teams unit today might have won this game or had it going to overtime.

Your complaints are valid.

But your need to constantly hammer them day after day, week after week are old and pathetic.

This isn't USC where we fire a guy 2 weeks into the season. The season will play itself out, and you make a decision as a new AD whether the progress you want is being made.

You simply can't deny progress from Week1 to Week4.

2-2
2-0 vs Non-P5
0-2 vs P5

OP is a minnesota fan, literally everyone knows that
I don’t know if he is a Minnesota fan but he has had multiple handles. One of the is mrruffin or something like that, another has Wisconsin reference in it.

he fancies himself as some sort of football expert, calls coaches by their first names like he has relationships with them.

he is a clown and a troll regardless of who he is a fan of.

I don’t know if he is a Minnesota fan but he has had multiple handles. One of the is mrruffin or something like that, another has Wisconsin reference in it.

he fancies himself as some sort of football expert, calls coaches by their first names like he has relationships with them.

he is a clown and a troll regardless of who he is a fan of.
Is it the same Wisconsin dude that was outed on RSS years ago, sad if it is.

People were blasting Chin early on. But he is one of the brighter spots on this staff....
Still took until year 4 to put together a halfway decent defense, by the way with 6th year players. I don't think he deserves to be fired, but there are much better coaches out there.

1: Losing close games every year as a head coach at Nebraska. That is good if those games were turned around into wins but it's always been clsoe losses for 3 years and now 4 games into his 4th season as the head coach.

At some point you have to know that is what he is, a coach that loses and loses but doesn't get blown out that often.

2: This team plays hard for Coach Chin. The offense doesn't play hard for Scott Frost.

3: Coach Chin should be given the opportunity of being an interim head coach the rest of the season (said it after IL game too).

4: It doesn't matter who we play, how big or small the game is, it's the same stupid shit every game that Scott Frost coaches at Nebraska - sloppy, undisciplined, unorganized, bad fundamentals, poor schemes on offense, and lack of attention on special teams.

5: Scott Frost fails to understand there are three phases to a football game - special teams, offense, and defense. If you can't do basic stuff correctly, you will never win games against talented teams. Losing close games means nothing if you keep losing and losing and losing and losing.

The thing I feel good about is that the players are not broken like they were at the end of the Riley era and the next head coach will have plenty of things to work with.

Scott Frost, when he gets fired, will be due to him putting out undisciplined and unorganized games every game. He has never had one complete game as the head coach. Never. He isn't good.

Michigan State and Northwestern will be the dagger in all of this if Trev wants to take forever to do what we know will happen.

That was a very winnable game today for any coach with this Nebraska team that can coach up his players to play organized, mistake-free, disciplined football.
Have you sent the official list in to Trev yet?

Still took until year 4 to put together a halfway decent defense, by the way with 6th year players. I don't think he deserves to be fired, but there are much better coaches out there.

There are much better and hotter wives than what you have. You going out tomorrow to find a better one, or did you fully outkick your coverage?

There's a bunch of real idiots on this board. While there were still too many discipline breakdowns in the game, today was definite progress in the right direction. Let it play out.

Reactions: SkerInCo
There's a bunch of real idiots on this board. While there were still too many discipline breakdowns in the game, today was definite progress in the right direction. Let it play out.
We've heard this numerous times over the last 7 years. People have spouted, "At least we're making significant progress" over and over again during this time period, and it continues to be untrue.

Reactions: HBK4life and Fed-Up
Say what you want about Frost, but I can't think of one time in the last 4 years where the team quit. They've had plenty of opportunities to pack it in, but they keep plodding on. Kinda like real life.

Say what you want about Frost, but I can't think of one time in the last 4 years where the team quit. They've had plenty of opportunities to pack it in, but they keep plodding on. Kinda like real life.

While I don't 100% fault them for it, there was the opportunity to play in a bowl last year...

Today's game was encouraging, however, it does not take away from the fact that the teams continues to shoot themselves in the foot with their undisciplined play, and that falls squarely on the feet of the head coach. Frost has been coach for how long, and for how long has his teams been doing this? I rest my case. There are no moral victories in year four for a decent coach, just wins and losses. LOL

Reactions: HBK4life
Not sure about the idiots comment. But I agree, with let it play out. However the moment we can no longer achieve a :500 season.. Its time for new blood. i worry about the interim coach though. Simply because if you have someone who you want to keep. (Usually a respected coach that has done well). He’s named the interim. And usually told they will be considered. Most aren’t and for a variety of reasons they are gone.

Reactions: ShaggynScooby
Not sure about the idiots comment. But I agree, with let it play out. However the moment we can no longer achieve a :500 season.. Its time for new blood. i worry about the interim coach though. Simply because if you have someone who you want to keep. (Usually a respected coach that has done well). He’s named the interim. And usually told they will be considered. Most aren’t and for a variety of reasons they are gone.
I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I'd definitely prefer if the slate was wiped clean from one of the worst eras in the history of this program.

ADVERTISEMENT