ADVERTISEMENT

realignment

WHCSC

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 4, 2002
I hit a pothole in my Prius and now the steering wheel is all wonky. Anyone have a recommendation on a place to get it realigned?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78 and nu2u
Frank the tank:
"The bottom line: a new Big Ten school would need to deliver at least $70 million per year just for the league to not lose money on expansion. Notre Dame could do that along with UT and OU (who are now off the table) and some of the aforementioned options in the ACC and Pac-12, but it’s otherwise hard to see anyone else. (Plus, any “expansion plan” that is predicated on Notre Dame joining isn’t an expansion plan at all since they are committed to independence as an institutional identity. The ACC needs to be reminded of this just like the old Big East football conference.)"

Frank the tank:
"The bottom line: a new Big Ten school would need to deliver at least $70 million per year just for the league to not lose money on expansion. Notre Dame could do that along with UT and OU (who are now off the table) and some of the aforementioned options in the ACC and Pac-12, but it’s otherwise hard to see anyone else. (Plus, any “expansion plan” that is predicated on Notre Dame joining isn’t an expansion plan at all since they are committed to independence as an institutional identity. The ACC needs to be reminded of this just like the old Big East football conference.)"

I totally agree with this. After the initial shock, my reaction and thoughts that I posted on some thread was the b1g needs to pump the brakes and not make a knee jerk reaction.

I totally agree with this. After the initial shock, my reaction and thoughts that I posted on some thread was the b1g needs to pump the brakes and not make a knee jerk reaction.

People are on here screaming for Warren to essentially get with the program, but I also agree with the pump the brakes sentiment. The ez mode grabs are KU and ISU because they are swimming without a vest and already have the accredidation but ISU doesn't generate much revenue and I don't know enough about KU basketball to figure out if they would be worth it without shrinking the overall football pie.

As I said in the other thread, if I were the B1G commisioner, the move I'd be looking at is ensuring I'm one of the "two" power conferences and setting the ground work for absorption of the PAC12 and a couple of ACC schools. If you can pull it now, then do it, if it needs time to incubate, just have that plan on the shelf.

People are on here screaming for Warren to essentially get with the program, but I also agree with the pump the brakes sentiment. The ez mode grabs are KU and ISU because they are swimming without a vest and already have the accredidation but ISU doesn't generate much revenue and I don't know enough about KU basketball to figure out if they would be worth it without shrinking the overall football pie.

As I said in the other thread, if I were the B1G commisioner, the move I'd be looking at is ensuring I'm one of the "two" power conferences and setting the ground work for absorption of the PAC12 and a couple of ACC schools. If you can pull it now, then do it, if it needs time to incubate, just have that plan on the shelf.
IF we grab 2 or 4 teams we're just reacting and Playing 2nd fiddle. The B1G, notice I didn't say b1g, needs to be bold and forward thinking, take their time and knock this one out of the park. Beat the$ec at their game just not react to their check move. It needs to be check mate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT