ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thread

You're really struggling here. The Lt. Gov. and the legislators that threatened Texas and aggy were . . . this will apparently shock you . . . graduates of the other SWC schools, not of Texas and aggy.

It seems you don't understand how much of anything works. 😂
Enough to know the swc failed

Reactions: dinglefritz
what happens to pac12 when amazon, microsoft, google, facebook, nike, or some of their beneficiaries (like a balmer), etc. realize NIL could benefit their brands or lifestyle?

Since you really haven't done anything to dispute the rest of the post, I say you've done nothing more than show yourself to be a person who can't grasp the reality of that situation.

LOL, nice try. I've explained the reality to you. You, on the other hand, seem shocked that not every Texas legislator, governor, and lieutenant governor is a graduate of UT. Why that's surprising to you, I have no idea, but it seems pretty on-brand for you at least. 😂

The difficulty Texas and aggy had with state government is common knowledge among anyone who knows anything at all about realignment and the SWC. Unless you're offering to pay me for my time, feel free to do your own research. Or stay ignorant and subliterate. Makes no difference to me. :)

Existing B1G plus USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington and Colorado. Every major Pac12 market except PHX. 4 pods of 5 (put the Buffs with us). I'm here for it.

LOL, nice try. I've explained the reality to you. You, on the other hand, seem shocked that not every Texas legislator, governor, and lieutenant governor is a graduate of UT. Why that's surprising to you, I have no idea, but it seems pretty on-brand for you at least. 😂

The difficulty Texas and aggy had with state government is common knowledge among anyone who knows anything at all about realignment and the SWC. Unless you're offering to pay me for my time, feel free to do your own research. Or stay ignorant and subliterate. Makes no difference to me. :)
Not shocked at all that people from other schools had to step in and run ut, and not surprised one bit that you can't come up with the names of those you know so much about.

I'm sure that you're not surprised that the rest of college football outside the state of texas cares anything about the horns, then or now.

Sure, there were people who believed that it would be a devastating blow to other schools in texas had the Ags and horns bolted for the sec, don't want to upset the apple cart even though texas could have given a rat's ass about the rest of the SWC.

It's just that the people back then who supposedly were running the show weren't smart enough to present a solid argument to join, that, and having a lack of conviction to get it done. They also knew that ass kicking's would be more plentiful for both had they joined.

Last edited:
The buyout is pretty iron clad and is pretty costly. Unless someone else is going to pay it or help pay it.

I think they are hoping the league folds or the SEC and TV partners pay it off.
I am fairly certain that UT won’t be paying any buyout. ESPN will foot the bill. UT takes responsibility for nothing as it is never at fault.

Not shocked at all that people from other schools had to step in and run ut, and not surprised one bit that you can't come up with the names of those you know so much about.

I'm sure that you're not surprised that the rest of college football outside the state of texas cares anything about the horns, then or now.

Sure, there were people who believed that it would be a devastating blow to other schools in texas had the Ags and horns bolted for the sec, don't want to upset the apple cart even though texas could have given a rat's ass about the rest of the SWC.

It's just that the people back then who supposedly were running the show weren't smart enough to present a solid argument to join, that, and having a lack of conviction to get it done. They also knew that ass kicking's would be more plentiful for both had they joined.

It would be a lot simpler for you just to say, "I don't have the first clue about any of this stuff." 😂

It would be a lot simpler for you just to say, "I don't have the first clue about any of this stuff." 😂
It would be a lot easier for you to admit you really don't understand the underpinnings of the college football world, especially in texas, then or now.

When you telegraph that you're thinking about leaving the conference, you better have a solid plan and an even better presentation on why it would work for the schools involved and the state, something both ut and A&M lacked, and quite impressively I might add. You may be excused now.

It would be a lot easier for you to admit you really don't understand the underpinnings of the college football world, especially in texas, then or now.

RollingLaugh

Absolutely hysterical coming from the guy who believes (1) that major conferences, including the SEC, weren't interested in adding Texas in the 1990s, (2) that all Texas state politicians at that time were UT grads, and (3) that any public school would make a move for athletics in the face of threats of serious budget cuts for academics (though it's clear why placing academics above athletics would be a strange concept for you).

You're like a walking Dunning-Kruger case study.

When you telegraph that you're thinking about leaving the conference, you better have a solid plan and an even better presentation on why it would work for the schools involved and the state, something both ut and A&M lacked, and quite impressively I might add. You may be excused now.

Add to the list above: (4) that it's always possible to sweet-talk other schools into something unambiguously against their interests.

You're the kind of guy who would empty your pockets for a wallet inspector.

RollingLaugh

Absolutely hysterical coming from the guy who believes (1) that major conferences, including the SEC, weren't interested in adding Texas in the 1990s, (2) that all Texas state politicians at that time were UT grads, and (3) that any public school would make a move for athletics in the face of threats of serious budget cuts for academics (though it's clear why placing academics above athletics would be a strange concept for you).

You're like a walking Dunning-Kruger case study.

Add to the list above: (4) that it's always possible to sweet-talk other schools into something unambiguously against their interests.

You're the kind of guy who would empty your pockets for a wallet inspector.
Why are you here? What is your burning desire to educate husker fans who don’t give a rip about Texas? Do you think your crusade here is going to change even one person’s mind on this board?

Seriously, you need to get lost. No one cares, no one here is going to feel any love for Texas. Your efforts here are making sure of that.

Why are you here? What is your burning desire to educate husker fans who don’t give a rip about Texas? Do you think your crusade here is going to change even one person’s mind on this board?

Seriously, you need to get lost. No one cares, no one here is going to feel any love for Texas. Your efforts here are making sure of that.
He’s not smart enough to figure out that I’ve been trolling the living daylights out of him, casting out a lot of bait, knowing his dumb ass will come and take it every time.

I love how he referenced studies by a couple of Cornell boys and yet he represents the kind of person they based those studies on. What an imbecile but typical of a texas boy with an acute case of overprecision when he comes on this message board.

Last edited:
He’s not smart enough to figure out that I’ve been trolling the living daylights out of him, casting out a lot of bait, knowing his dumb ass will come and take it every time.

LOL. You're too dim to see that I'm just trolling your own two-bit trolling. Winking You have nothing clever or challenging to say, given your nature, so it's amusing just to treat your arguments as sincere and put a clown suit on you instead.

Great. Now the bottom feeders of the SEC are coming over here to brag.
I would think you would not want to bring up any discussions of bottom feeders. Bring a bottom feeder to the top ten teams in the country is far different from being a bottom feeder to Iowa , Northwestern and the like in the big 10. I really do not like to have this kind of discussion but my response may help you to see things as they really are. At least I hope so even if the truth hurts. It is for the better.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
If the Big 12 had a decent chance of prevailing in court, their lawyers would not have allowed Bowlsby to talk to the media, alleging very specific claims.

This is either a negotiating ploy, or the Big 12 has really bad lawyers.

If the Big 12 had a decent chance of prevailing in court, their lawyers would not have allowed Bowlsby to talk to the media, alleging very specific claims.

This is either a negotiating ploy, or the Big 12 has really bad lawyers.
It is a high stakes poker game and the B12 just bought in. The B12 GOR & bylaws are ironclad. There are a number of outcomes at play here, and the B12 clearly has leverage.

I am not the least bit worried. We have a top 10 team. Most on this board should remember what that is like. We are strong academically. We have the hottest young coach in college football. We will be just fine.
Why can't you beat Iowa then?

LOL. You're too dim to see that I'm just trolling your own two-bit trolling. Winking You have nothing clever or challenging to say, given your nature, so it's amusing just to treat your arguments as sincere and put a clown suit on you instead.
Knew you would try the "no, I'm trolling you" maneuver, typical response from a half wit. Not surprising from a person who actually is a clown 24/7, say hello to Bozo, the Bearded Lady, and all the other characters you hang with in your circus world.

I have zero hate for Nebraska, my birthplace, childhood home and alma mater.

I have lifelong hatred for the b1g, however, and have seen literally zero evidence during our time as a member to convince me that hatred has been misplaced. it's a joke.

f*ck this pathetic loser conference now, then and forever. any who side with it are the allies of sexual deviants, molesters, pedophiles and, perhaps most despicable, total futility/mediocrity on the field/court.
So bitching an complaining day in and day out on multiple levels is going to change it how? It is what it is and isn't going to change. Beating on us everyday changes nothing.

Knew you would try the "no, I'm trolling you" maneuver, typical response from a half wit. Not surprising from a person who actually is a clown 24/7, say hello to Bozo, the Bearded Lady, and all the other characters you hang with in your circus world.

It should have been utterly obvious that I was toying with you. Then again, I’m dealing with a Dunning-Kruger exemplar. Winking

It should have been utterly obvious that I was toying with you. Then again, I’m dealing with a Dunning-Kruger exemplar. Winking
You should know plenty about the social scientists from Cornell, no doubt after their interview with you, they came away with a cornucopia of information to base their theories on. Carry on, clown boy.

• Haha
It was fun helping you look stupid for a while— though you don’t really need any help there — but, sadly, you’re just too dull to make it entertaining for long.

It was fun helping you look stupid for a while— though you don’t really need any help there — but, sadly, you’re just too dull to make it entertaining for long.
Holy smokes, did you call your mom and get some ideas from her on how to fire back on a message board? That really was a top flight zinger, clown boy. Have your phone ready, those Cornell boys will be calling to see how you’re doing.

Reactions: scarletred
You've got absolutely nothing. Good luck on the GED. 😂
Swing and a miss, another strike by clown boy. I know you’re trying to hit it out of the park, but you’re whiffing with a weak stick, as usual. Better call the Cornell boys up and let them get you straightened out.

Or better yet, go to a child daycare and let them work on some quick quips for you.

Swing and a miss, another strike by clown boy. I know you’re trying to hit it out of the park, but you’re whiffing with a weak stick, as usual. Better call the Cornell boys up and let them get you straightened out.

Or better yet, go to a child daycare and let them work on some quick quips for you.

And . . . still nothing. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT