ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thread

You’re missing the point. You can’t just stay at 14 when the SEC is adding Texas and OU. Have your heard of power moves. You can’t just sit back and do nothing when your major rival is clearly making monumental power moves.

Yep. 100%. Many corporations over the decades are no longer around because they didn't make any changes when the competition did.

Nebraska back to the Big 12? 😅
I would love playing traditional area foes. Never going to happen. Damn. The old Big 8 was a great conference. You could drive to every game and you played every other team in your conference every year. I guess I'm just a dinosaur. Didn't love the move to the B1G but understood why we did it. OU and UT going to the SEC makes no sense to me. It's all about the money.

The Big 10 is doing more than fine financially. Adding a bunch of Pac-12 teams is just dumb. Adding a laundry list of problems when it comes to travel, scheduling, and everything else isn't worth a few more TV dollars.

The time is right to make the western population of the country Big Ten territory. Then you keep taking shots at cracking the east coast over the coming decades.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The time is right to make the western population of the country Big Ten territory. Then you keep taking shots at cracking the east coast over the coming decades.
Jiminy Crickets. As if flying to play at Rutgers or Maryland wasn't bad enough.... This whole deal where logical geographic conferences were torn apart makes zero sense to me. I guess global warming really isn't a thing or none of the pointy heads stirring this pot would be making these moves requiring air travel for just about every game.

Reliable I don’t know, just thought it was interesting. B1G won’t add a school that’s not an AAU member all of them are.

Stanford is an academic standard like Northwestern and huge in research so a solid fit for the B1G Consortium.
Delany wanted the LA market before but couldn’t get it done.

Yep. When Delany was trying to do that the environment wasn't ripped to do it then. It is now. Time to strike. Then keep trying to crack the east coast in the future.

a b1g manifest destiny that results in rutgers + arizona would be such a hilariously perfect fate
I listened to a college football analyst a year or so ago that proposed that at some point traditional conferences would be eliminated and there would be 4 regional divisions for football aligned geographically. It amazes me how little geography seems to matter in these deals given how expensive it is for a football team to fly across the country.

adding KU and ISU may not be a power move like adding OU or Texas but it’s certainly not lame. If you think that is dumb, then you certainly have little competence in this topic

There's no value in that combo. The Big Ten makes a lot of money and adding those two together wouldn't bring anything groundbreaking for growth or more money.

I listened to a college football analyst a year or so ago that proposed that at some point traditional conferences would be eliminated and there would be 4 regional divisions for football aligned geographically. It amazes me how little geography seems to matter in these deals given how expensive it is for a football team to fly across the country.
4 regional divisions will happen, and the product will be awesome.

gone will be the days of cupcakes in Aug/Sept. 12 games, all against peer programs, leading to a playoffs that will produce a true champ.

4 regional divisions will happen, and the product will be awesome.

gone will be the days of cupcakes in Aug/Sept. 12 games, all against peer programs, leading to a playoffs that will produce a true champ.
I think some sort of NFL model awaits as well. Too much entertainment competition to be playing Fordham anymore. Just hope NU is a part of it.

100% not happening except we may have a special needs commissioner

Probably not going to happen, yes, but not closing the doors right away is not the correct approach. OSU at least has better athletics than Iowa State and most Kansas sports.

I am not the least bit worried. We have a top 10 team. Most on this board should remember what that is like. We are strong academically. We have the hottest young coach in college football. We will be just fine.

• Haha
There's no value in that combo. The Big Ten makes a lot of money and adding those two together wouldn't bring anything groundbreaking for growth or more money.
To an NU fan, KU and ISU add a lot of value.

Two regional teams that have history with Nebraska.

Games that are easy to travel to.

Most importantly, two teams that are unlikely to take over Nebraska in the B10 pecking order.

Why exactly are WE wanting teams with more prestige that bring a little more cash that is going to be split 16 ways? The difference between adding Notre Dame or Iowa State probably won’t amount to more than a couple million on the bottom line for each team in the conference, but adding a team that is probably likely to lower Nebraska’s standing in the conference IS bad for the fan experience and also the athletic department’s bottom line.

I am not the least bit worried. We have a top 10 team. Most on this board should remember what that is like. We are strong academically. We have the hottest young coach in college football. We will be just fine.
image.jpg

• Haha
As a Nebraska fan we better hope Michigan and OSU do not go to the SEC. Without those two big hitters the BIG Ten money is like a fart in the wind.

See what happens when you suck for 20 years, you become very unattractive. 25 years ago Nebraska would have been the BIG team everyone wanted, now we are hoping we are not left at the alter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT