ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thread

This would be really cool.

Not sure if it would make two big divisions or four smaller ones but this would be pretty sweet.

they had a gentleman's agreement with the SEC when they joined that would give them veto rights regarding any other schools from Texas.

Never trust good ole boys from the deep South, get it in writing.
You probably read the same article I did. To expand on what you said, also in the unwritten agreement was the understanding that they would only pursue schools in states outside it's current footprint.... because of the veto power of any school if they pursued a school in that same state.

Therefore they were basically looking at NC, Virginia area.

Wouldn't it be kinda funny if ou got in and a$m kept uterus out?? Pretty sure it's a package deal. Wouldn't surprise me if nothing happens and texass and ou get some concessions from other big 12 schools to stay..... temporarily

Geographically the addition of ISU and ku would make sense.

Monetarily maybe we can do better.

IF ou and texass go to sec, I think the b1g should be careful and not too hasty. Maybe it would be best to study some of the PAC schools. Would be a logistical nightmare but I guess pro sports make it work. We complain about 11 o'clock games!!!

Reactions: dinglefritz
Geographically the addition of ISU and ku would make sense.

Monetarily maybe we can do better.

IF ou and texass go to sec, I think the b1g should be careful and not too hasty. Maybe it would be best to study some of the PAC schools. Would be a logistical nightmare but I guess pro sports make it work. We complain about 11 o'clock games!!!

What the hell is there to study?

OK, pay me $1M for the next 3 months and I'll say it would be beneficial for the B10 to go after USC and UCLA. And yes, even Kansas for the KC market.

Unlike billionaire Bezo's, I'm not flying in rockets much less building them in my backyard.

If we have a true 64 team 4 conference platform, why would we need a 16 team playoff?

Seems pretty simple. Win your division. Win your conference. And then move on to the 4 team National Tournament.

Then again, I'm all for a 64 team single conference. Then nobody has to worry about anything other than the commissioners office. Won't need to be political about P5 and the also-rans, you can just hold your own conference championship game and be done with it with whatever rules you deem reasonable.
Because it would be awesome. Duh

And how reliable is this buckeyescoop?

Is the Pac-12 that bad that schools want to move miles away to another conference making exception of Colorado.. And what about Washington not be included besides Stanford?
Reliable I don’t know, just thought it was interesting. B1G won’t add a school that’s not an AAU member all of them are.

Stanford is an academic standard like Northwestern and huge in research so a solid fit for the B1G Consortium.
Delany wanted the LA market before but couldn’t get it done.

Reactions: scarletred
Reliable I don’t know, just thought it was interesting. B1G won’t add a school that’s not an AAU member all of them are.

Stanford is an academic standard like Northwestern and huge in research so a solid fit for the B1G Consortium.
Delany wanted the LA market before but couldn’t get it done.

From that standpoint getting one of the Arizona schools to get the Phoenix market might make more sense than Oregon or Colorado. But all would be huge additions, financially.

Why is Kansas even attractive for the b10? Their semi-relevant basketball team? Does that even compare to the futility of their Football team? Doesn’t football trump all?
Large school with excellent academics. Huge alumni base and close to Kansas City market. Nationwide fan base for KU basketball with high viewership. Powerhouse blue blood basketball program.
It makes total sense.
You don't want a conference full of Ohio State football programs. There has to be balance.

Large school with excellent academics. Huge alumni base and close to Kansas City market. Nationwide fan base for KU basketball with high viewership. Powerhouse blue blood basketball program.
It makes total sense.
You don't want a conference full of Ohio State football programs. There has to be balance.
Exactly. This poster just doesn't seem to be able to look outside of the box. When it comes to conference affiliation it is much more than just football. Even though football drives the high revenue.

It makes total sense.
literally the exact same reason the b1g added maryland

The Big 10 is doing more than fine financially. Adding a bunch of Pac-12 teams is just dumb. Adding a laundry list of problems when it comes to travel, scheduling, and everything else isn't worth a few more TV dollars.

Adding USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon would be major though unlikely. Adding ISU and KU makes little sense, I'd rather stay at 14.

You’re missing the point. You can’t just stay at 14 when the SEC is adding Texas and OU. Have your heard of power moves. You can’t just sit back and do nothing when your major rival is clearly making monumental power moves.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
And how reliable is this buckeyescoop?

Is the Pac-12 that bad that schools want to move miles away to another conference making exception of Colorado.. And what about Washington not be included besides Stanford?

Nevadabuck is the source of that. Las Vegas based insider that has broken a lot of inside info in OSU sports world before anyone had any clue.

If The Big Ten added USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and one of Kansas/California/Stanford, you can break down pods in this fashion:

West: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Colorado
Plains: Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, IL, Kansas
East: PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan
Lakes: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

That would protect all of the old rivalries for the old-timer Big Ten schools.

Nebraska would get back games against Colorado and Kansas (assuming it's them and not a Pac school).

Then in the 2030's you nab some of the ACC products. That makes the Big Ten a coast to coast conference and makes the SEC a south regional conference.

There's no way the Big Ten can compete with the move the SEC is making. Only chance is to form some sort of superconference with the premier schools in the Pac12. Adding KU and ISU doesn't do anything.
Football not so much. Basketball yes

Why would A&M want to block Texas and OU? Recruiting?

You must be young. A&M was the redhead stepchild in the state of Texas for decades upon decades. They found new life by escaping Texas by going to the SEC and their football program improved as a result. Now with Texas joining the SEC they become the redheaded stepchild again and the Aggie cult is having an impressive meltdown over this.

As far as OU goes, they will end up regretting it in 10 years as the losses pick up, no conference title, etc, etc.

I can see why Texas would stick to this, but OU, IMO, has made a bad mistake. They had it golden in the Big 12. Now they become another auburn and likely to be stuck in the SEC East where they will have to play UGA and FL every year, but we will see how they align things.

Reactions: headcard
The best addition we could possibly get is Texas A&M. Aggies may be POed enough to get out of the SEC and they are the best addition the B1G could make other than Texas and ND. Land Grant school, AAU member, preseason polls have them ranked #2 in the SEC behind Bama, adds the state of Texas to the BTN footprint (population 29 million), #6 nationally in football attendance (ahead of Texas and ND) and it opens up the state of Texas for B1G recruiting. Also, check out this list of Forbes most valuable football programs:

list of college football’s most valuable teams

It's a dumb post if you're saying that the Big Ten must do something now, even it if is a lame move.

adding KU and ISU may not be a power move like adding OU or Texas but it’s certainly not lame. If you think that is dumb, then you certainly have little competence in this topic

ADVERTISEMENT