ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thread

There's no way the Big Ten can compete with the move the SEC is making. Only chance is to form some sort of superconference with the premier schools in the Pac12. Adding KU and ISU doesn't do anything.
Seriously ? Give me a break. The BiG is the top financial conference in the country in 2021 with a payout of around $50 to 55 million to its members. It's projected that in 2024 the SEC will pay out $90 million to its members - with OK and Texas added - while the B1G is projected to pay out $80 to 85 million without any expansion at all. No other conference is within half of those amounts. Think of all of the huge markets inside B1G territory: Jersey-NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, D.C, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis,.....and I'm probably missing one or two more.

But it's about income and TV sets. And here's another thing to consider: the B1G would only consider AAU member schools for future expansion as it takes the academic side very seriously. The majority of the conference are top notch research schools. It also means Nebraska could be in trouble. Nebraska was an AAU member when admitted to the BiG but has since lost its AAU standing - the only BiG school without it.

Here's an article about future BiG expansion if they decide to go that route and most of the possibilities are prestigious West Coast schools:

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Seriously ? Give me a break. The BiG is the top financial conference in the country in 2021 with a payout of around $50 to 55 million to its members. It's projected that in 2024 the SEC will pay out $90 million to its members - with OK and Texas added - while the B1G is projected to pay out $80 to 85 million without any expansion at all. No other conference is within half of those amounts. Think of all of the huge markets inside B1G territory: Jersey-NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, D.C, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis,.....and I'm probably missing one or two more.

But it's about income and TV sets. And here's another thing to consider: the B1G would only consider AAU member schools for future expansion as it takes the academic side very seriously. The majority of the conference are top notch research schools. It also means Nebraska could be in trouble. Nebraska was an AAU member when admitted to the BiG but has since lost its AAU standing - the only BiG school without it.

Here's an article about future BiG expansion if they decide to go that route and most of the possibilities are prestigious West Coast schools:

The reason why we’re no longer AAU school is because their medical building wasn’t in Lincoln it was in Omaha and it focused on Agriculture research which isn’t weighted heavily in the AAU.. texas, Michigan and Wisconsin voted us out because of this technicality..

Last edited:

Sorry to disappoint you, but Nebraska isn’t getting kicked out of the B1G.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Nebraska isn’t getting kicked out of the B1G.
I agree but just forwarding info from other articles and boards.

I really get a kick out of some of the fans on this board (some. not all) that constantly complaining about the B1G. Just imagine where Nebraska would be at now if it hadn't moved to the B1G. Oh, and BTW, if the B1G does join forces eventually with the PAC like mentioned in the article above, it would DWARF anything the rest of the country could put together and it's a possibility. Think of all of the monster markets from Arizona all the way up the coast to Washington added to the ones already mentioned above in the current BiG territory

It basically comes down to revenue and TV markets. Yep, the B1G is shaking in its boots. Good Lord !!!!

Sure would like to see the sCUm get left high and dry.
Is Colorado an AAU member ? That might have a lot to do with it. I read an article that the B1G would not have taken OK - only Texas as OK is not AAU - Texas is AAU and is an academic giant. The only two schools in what remains of the Big 12 that the B1G would accept is Iowa State and Kansas.

It's basically going to come down to who the B1G wants in the next few years if it decides to expand. Some of the smaller schools that don't become part of the SEC or B1G could be fighting for their athletic survival.

Last edited:
It is a high stakes poker game and the B12 just bought in. The B12 GOR & bylaws are ironclad. There are a number of outcomes at play here, and the B12 clearly has leverage.

Yep, the hind-tit suckers are in charge. That's why an extra half share was proposed for massa bevo and Oklahoma.

Reactions: 54T
""The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference, and we're getting $3 million [per year in TV revenue].""

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
""The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference, and we're getting $3 million [per year in TV revenue].""

But I've been told that Jamie Pollard had zero interest in the Nebraska AD job 😆

Hope he enjoys being a Mountain West AD

Still nothing. I like how you describe yourself there, it fits quite well.

Wait. You came back to reply to the post a second time a half-hour later, and . . . this is what you came up with? Gawd, I'm just embarrassed for you at this point. RollingLaugh

Wait. You came back to reply to the post a second time a half-hour later, and . . . this is what you came up with? Gawd, I'm just embarrassed for you at this point. RollingLaugh
Get lost. Or get banned. Either way, I don’t care. Your feud with bugeater is noted. Enough of the ‘I know you are but what am I?’

Another swing and miss from the Texas clown boy. Embarrassed you should be for coming back again and again, tripping over yourself like a drunken fool. So easy to set the trap, you just can’t help being pathetic. Laughing

Get lost. Or get banned. Either way, I don’t care. Your feud with bugeater is noted. Enough of the ‘I know you are but what am I?’
You’ll have to forgive the insufferable texas clown boy, he just can’t help being the tool that he is, runs in his family. In some ways I feel sorry for him, seems he can’t find a texas message board to blow his rhetoric on.

From the amount of thumbs up compared to his message count, it’s easy to understand his problem, people don’t care much for him on any site he lands on.

How do you figure? What does this mean?
You really think OSU/Michigan/Penn State/Nebraska just in football alone don't demand huge media rights? Not to mention other schools.
Throw in the basketball deals (which are vastly underrated) with the addition of KANSAS?
I guess you have to define what you mean by "compete". Do you mean for spots in the playoff for football? Yeah, I agree the SEC is getting the majority of them if it goes to 12. No doubt.

The SEC will be top dog. Making a "super conference" wouldn't change that at all. We could add every single team in the PAC and SEC would still be top dog. I don't think it's worth it.
I'd say the Big Ten should make a play for UVA and UNC. Good adds in populous states. If Notre Dame wants USC as a condition of admittance then I say we roll the dice.

Another swing and miss from the Texas clown boy. Embarrassed you should be for coming back again and again, tripping over yourself like a drunken fool. So easy to set the trap, you just can’t help being pathetic. Laughing

I'll refer you to this post, both for this and all future replies: https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/realignment-thread.298332/page-8#post-6901842. Winking

From the amount of thumbs up compared to his message count, it’s easy to understand his problem, people don’t care much for him on any site he lands on.

LOL. He fails again.

I'd say 21 likes in 80 (now 81) total messages on a Husker board is plenty solid for a Texas fan.

Last edited:
Come back in 6 weeks. They are going to get beat up pretty goon on 9/11
If I were a betting man this year I would put my money on the Clones. I'm a closet ISU fan I guess because I often find myself rooting for the underdog. I used to enjoy road trips to Ames and IMO the agricultural/engineering fan base of ISU is very very similar to the Husker fan base outside of a few from not-so-rural Nebraska who like to talk trash. I hope the Clones land in a good situation when this all shakes out. Man IF CU would land back in the Big 12 and maybe drag along Utah I would LOVE to play sports in a rejuvenated regional conference like that. That would make for some fun road trips. Damn the greed for TV money is really screwing up college football IMO.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If I were a betting man this year I would put my money on the Clones. I'm a closet ISU fan I guess because I often find myself rooting for the underdog. I used to enjoy road trips to Ames and IMO the agricultural/engineering fan base of ISU is very very similar to the Husker fan base outside of a few from not-so-rural Nebraska who like to talk trash. I hope the Clones land in a good situation when this all shakes out. Man IF CU would land back in the Big 12 and maybe drag along Utah I would LOVE to play sports in a rejuvenated regional conference like that. That would make for some fun road trips. Damn the greed for TV money is really screwing up college football IMO.
Do they have better talent than Nebraska? I doubt it. What they have going for them is that they play in a much weaker conference than we do.

Do they have better talent than Nebraska? I doubt it. What they have going for them is that they play in a much weaker conference than we do.
They've got an established system with zero conflict from their past coaching turnover. I think they have enough guys to win games on any given Saturday. You can only put 22 starters out there on the field and so far they've been able to find THE MAN at QB. I just can't emphasize enough how much your QB means to your team. You HAVE to have that guy at QB and at least one WR and RB threat.

I know reading is hard for Nowledge U fans, but I'm not the one who raised the idiotic subject of likes. Winking
Oh the musings of the texas clown boy just get better and better, but you fail to realize there's a few texas lurkers on this board besides your disliked self. When you're the king of the dipshits (and you are) there's bound to be a few jester's in your court that will thumb's up your feeble written flatulence.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT