ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thread

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
In various other threads we have seen reports of OU and Texas heading to the SEC, Kansas taking with the B1G and now WVU, eyeing the ACC.

Kansas will go to the Big 10 and Iowa State better hope and pray they are taken, too.
I heard TCU is in talks with the BIG today, anyone else hear that? I wouldn't like that, but I get the Dalls/Fort Worth intrigue.
KSU needs to be left out. Good riddance.
SEC needs to take someone else to keep balance.
A&M aint goin nowhere.

If the 4x16 deal is going down, does the PAC take Txtech, Baylor, TCU and Okie St?

I'm surprised big 12 teams just don't let 0u and ut go, and collect the exit big fees from them.
they have a tv contract till 2025
then they could get Nebraska, missouri and colorado to join the big 12 again. maybe bring in a ND, byu, colorado state etc.
XII is dead. right now TTU Baylor and TCU are talking to the PAC 12. Kansas is begging the B1G to let them in. WVU is in talks to join the ACC. Right now Kansas State ISU and Okie State are the only ones not confirmed to be looking for a new home. Mostly because no one wants them. My guess is ISU and KSU head to the American. Okie State TTU Baylor and TCU head to the PAC 12.

But word is USC and CU are now flirting with the B1G. USC probably has the Cachet to bring along UCLA Berkley and Stanford with them if the conferences decide to go to 20.

XII is dead. right now TTU Baylor and TCU are talking to the PAC 12. Kansas is begging the B1G to let them in. WVU is in talks to join the ACC. Right now Kansas State ISU and Okie State are the only ones not confirmed to be looking for a new home. Mostly because no one wants them. My guess is ISU and KSU head to the American. Okie State TTU Baylor and TCU head to the PAC 12.

But word is USC and CU are now flirting with the B1G. USC probably has the Cachet to bring along UCLA Berkley and Stanford with them if the conferences decide to go to 20.
What about Washington?

they had a gentleman's agreement with the SEC when they joined that would give them veto rights regarding any other schools from Texas.

Never trust good ole boys from the deep South, get it in writing.
I wonder if Texas A&M would consider moving from the SEC to the B1G if Texas and Oklahoma are allowed to join the SEC? Maybe with Missouri?

Reactions: BigTimeAt69
I don't want Missouri, Texas A&M, or any PAC schools for that matter, especially if we have to take Cal berkley or Stanford. YUCK.

A&M will throw a little hissy fit then stay where they are.
PAC had better take tech, tcu, ok state and baylor. They have no choice.

At this point I hope the B1G doesn't get too crazy. Take Kansas and maybe ISU but no one else. Don't make a mistake, the conference is strong and perfectly fine as it is, adding Kansas makes sense.

There's no way the Big Ten can compete with the move the SEC is making. Only chance is to form some sort of superconference with the premier schools in the Pac12. Adding KU and ISU doesn't do anything.
How do you figure? What does this mean?
You really think OSU/Michigan/Penn State/Nebraska just in football alone don't demand huge media rights? Not to mention other schools.
Throw in the basketball deals (which are vastly underrated) with the addition of KANSAS?
I guess you have to define what you mean by "compete". Do you mean for spots in the playoff for football? Yeah, I agree the SEC is getting the majority of them if it goes to 12. No doubt.

The SEC will be top dog. Making a "super conference" wouldn't change that at all. We could add every single team in the PAC and SEC would still be top dog. I don't think it's worth it.

How do you figure? What does this mean?
You really think OSU/Michigan/Penn State/Nebraska just in football alone don't demand huge media rights? Not to mention other schools.
Throw in the basketball deals (which are vastly underrated) with the addition of KANSAS?
I guess you have to define what you mean by "compete". Do you mean for spots in the playoff for football? Yeah, I agree the SEC is getting the majority of them if it goes to 12. No doubt.

The SEC will be top dog. Making a "super conference" wouldn't change that at all. We could add every single team in the PAC and SEC would still be top dog. I don't think it's worth it.
Adding USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon would be major though unlikely. Adding ISU and KU makes little sense, I'd rather stay at 14.

Ok but to call them a semi relevant basketball team is just ridiculous.
Also he will change his tune when the NCAA is dumped and all schools can split up tournament money which will equate to HUGE bucks! Gawd some people need to educate themselves.

Ku is third in the Big 12 in revenue and 25th nationally. Their 3rd tier TV rights are staggering from basketball, have a bunch of new facilities since last alignment, cancer research grant, AAU status, etc.

It's funny to think how this all could have been avoided, if the Big 8 had just sided with Dr. Osborne and Nebraska.
No, it couldn't have been avoided. The Big 12 without Texas is dead no matter what happened because the media landscape has changed so much. Only Texas has a really lucrative TV market in the Big 12 footprint. And TV rights are driving everything right now.

Also he will change his tune when the NCAA is dumped and all schools can split up tournament money which will equate to HUGE bucks! Gawd some people need to educate themselves.

Ku is third in the Big 12 in revenue and 25th nationally. Their 3rd tier TV rights are staggering from basketball, have a bunch of new facilities since last alignment, cancer research grant, AAU status, etc.
Kansas is a damn good school with a very nice campus, I don't think the B1G would suffer taking them in. Would be nice if their football program could get turned around.

I'm not sure I want in a conference of cali libs, they might have frost in a multi colored weave...

Conferences are a vestige of the past. Good riddance.

Time for a true FBS - 65ish haves playing a 12 game regional schedule, 16 team playoff, true champ is crowned. Everyone’s cashing big checks, 16 games is no issue.

No conf champ games, no banners. Bowls are truly optional exhibitions. Only 1 team leaves each season having accomplished the mission.

To the nostalgists and have-nots, I say tough shit, you had a nice run.

Last edited:
I'm surprised big 12 teams just don't let 0u and ut go, and collect the exit big fees from them.
they have a tv contract till 2025
then they could get Nebraska, missouri and colorado to join the big 12 again. maybe bring in a ND, byu, colorado state etc.
ND? As in North Dakota? Because golden domers ain’t coming to the real Midwest

If you asked 10 hardcore CFB fans what schools make up the B12, I bet WV would be the most common one left out. They were never a fit and never will be. That doesn't mean the ACC would take them in of course, but it makes the most sense to me.

The whole realignment thing is fascinating.

Last edited:
Conferences are a vestige of the past. Good riddance.

Time for a true FBS - 65ish haves playing a 12 game regional schedule, 16 team playoff, true champ is crowned. Everyone’s cashing big checks, 16 games is no issue.

No conf champ games, no banners. Bowls are truly optional exhibitions. Only 1 team leaves each season having accomplished the mission.

To the nostalgists and have-nots, I say tough shit, you had a nice run.
If we have a true 64 team 4 conference platform, why would we need a 16 team playoff?

Seems pretty simple. Win your division. Win your conference. And then move on to the 4 team National Tournament.

Then again, I'm all for a 64 team single conference. Then nobody has to worry about anything other than the commissioners office. Won't need to be political about P5 and the also-rans, you can just hold your own conference championship game and be done with it with whatever rules you deem reasonable.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Does basketball money come even close to football money?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT