ADVERTISEMENT

Real QB Competition????

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
We all know that SF will start AM even if he’s stuck in a wheelchair. But in fairness to the other QBs on the roster, maybe we can petition Moos to ensure a fair QB competition this spring.

For the sake of transparency, every rep by every QB should be posted online. And each rep will be coupled with the real-time scores and evaluations from each coach. All this information can be tabulated and combined with online polls from huskeronline.com to assign and rank the QBs. The ranks will be updated continuously and the starter will be determined by who had the highest score 10 minutes before kickoff.

Thoughts?

I'd like them to hang a tire every 5 yards for about 40 yards, and see which qb has the best accuracy, and can get rid of the ball fastest

Reactions: NYC-Husker
While practice performance certainly is important - at a leadership position like QB I need to be able to evaluate the intangibles as well

every QB should be go-proed

I need to see how much sleep they are getting, what they have for breakfast, how they treat the cafeteria staff, are they respectful to their fellow students and professors, how well do they tip at restaurants, are they environmentally conscious - do they recycle with great passion or are they just going through the motions

even little things like do they have properly groomed fingernails/toenails. flip-flops or slides?

so much more involved in playing this position than just being able to wing the pigskin

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
We all know that SF will start AM even if he’s stuck in a wheelchair. But in fairness to the other QBs on the roster, maybe we can petition Moos to ensure a fair QB competition this spring.

For the sake of transparency, every rep by every QB should be posted online. And each rep will be coupled with the real-time scores and evaluations from each coach. All this information can be tabulated and combined with online polls from huskeronline.com to assign and rank the QBs. The ranks will be updated continuously and the starter will be determined by who had the highest score 10 minutes before kickoff.

Thoughts?
And a Merry Sarcasmas to you and yours!

Thoughts?
Did you read my thread about RImington interview? Can’t you guys give AM a break for the next nine months?

Thoughts?
Frost started Vedral twice when AM was standing on the sidelines....and he played an injured vedral over an injured AM. And we lost both games. So I would say we might want to hope that AM is placed as the starter because in your mind you would think Luke would start but all of the evidence points to Vedral being the next in line. Be careful what you wish for....

Do we really have people in this thread not picking up Charlie’s sarcasm?
I’m pretty sure it went over their head... however in their defense there have been so many of these idiots that talk about a legit QB competition that ends with Luke starting that it is getting almost impossible to separate pure satire like this from the ones that are saying “there better be a legit QB battle, that ends with Luke starting because, because.... we’ll just because I think Luke is better and I want him to start”...

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
I’m pretty sure it went over their head... however in their defense there have been so many of these idiots that talk about a legit QB competition that ends with Luke starting that it is getting almost impossible to separate pure satire like this from the ones that are saying “there better be a legit QB battle, that ends with Luke starting because, because.... we’ll just because I think Luke is better and I want him to start”...
While true, the ones who missed the sarcasm are ones who should know that Charlie leans in that direction. I love it! Just surprised at who was taken in...

While true, the ones who missed the sarcasm are ones who should know that Charlie leans in that direction. I love it! Just surprised at who was taken in...
very true there as well... i will agree it is surprising to see who took the bait... in just as surprised there hasn’t been any of the people here agreeing with this stance... in the end it’s a good troll... Laughing

Reactions: Swiv3D and timnsun
The starting in a wheelchair part made me lol

Reactions: timnsun

Thoughts?
That might be the stupidest thing I have ever heard!

The QB thing got more interesting since it has been confirmed Martinez has been hurt most of the year. Good in the fact this could be the reason for his mind numbing performance this year. Gives me hope that if he gets healed up that he can be that Heisman level QB we all thought we would see this year.
Bad in the fact that Frost deliberately played and stuck with an injured QB, one who required off season surgery, over 2 capable backups. If in reality they were not capable, why do we have no backup that can perform better than an injured, poor playing Martinez?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Frost started Vedral twice when AM was standing on the sidelines....and he played an injured vedral over an injured AM. And we lost both games. So I would say we might want to hope that AM is placed as the starter because in your mind you would think Luke would start but all of the evidence points to Vedral being the next in line. Be careful what you wish for....

he was only next in line because McCaffrey was redshirting. That’s it. They made it clear he was redshirting no matter what unless injuries forced Frost to burn his redshirt. Vedral will NOT stay a head of Luke. Believe that.

I believe a judges panel like this should be installed.
SoulfulPossibleIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Thoughts?
Maybe the dumbest post yet. Do you really think Frost would sacrifice wins for any one QB. Let's talk after AM does win for US. Do you hate AM or Frost or both. They will all get their chance. Maybe you should request a special pass to observe all practices and then you can tell us all who should win the battle. Nice thing is we have viable options, right.

Maybe the dumbest post yet. Do you really think Frost would sacrifice wins for any one QB. Let's talk after AM does win for US. Do you hate AM or Frost or both. They will all get their chance. Maybe you should request a special pass to observe all practices and then you can tell us all who should win the battle. Nice thing is we have viable options, right.

Reeled in.

Reactions: timnsun

Bump

Frost would probably juke the stats so that AM comes out on top. He's ride or die with Adrian and thats not changing

Any qb that can decipher and embrace the deeper technical postulations of coach Verdu ,who is then the quickest blinker,both on and off the field, gets the job, duhhhh

F quarterback - when are we going to have a real Center competition? This just handing the most important position on the field due to nepotism has to stop :mad:

F quarterback - when are we going to have a real Center competition? This just handing the most important position on the field due to nepotism has to stop :mad:

i feel pretty good with Cam Jurgens. He made some big strides this year and finished off strong. Another off season and bam...he’s golden and on his way to being one of the best centers in the BIG 10.

Last edited:
Frost would probably juke the stats so that AM comes out on top. He's ride or die with Adrian and thats not changing

and this comment is stupid, absolutely stupid. Logan Smothers, Luke McCaffrey and even Vedral are all his QBs he hand picked. If ones better then the others, he will play them. These comments of “Frost is ride or die with Martinez” has gotten retarded. Let’s just call it what it is, some of you guys have just thrown in the towel on Martinez...bottom line. You guys have lost your minds if you truly think Frost will stick with Martinez if he’s losing us games if he’s got a better QB on the side line.

Luke McCaffrey and Logan Smothers will make Martinez’s seat very hot...VERY hot. With any luck, this will push Adrain Martinez big time and maybe wake him up. And if not, we will end up seeing Luke McCaffrey run our offense (which definitely isn’t a bad thing, the young mans a straight up baller) with Martinez backing him up and Logan Smothers redshirting.

Sorry (my opinion only) but Vedrals playing time is about to be none existent. He’s about to drop down the depth chart in a hurry the next few years. Having Adrain Martinez, Luke McCaffrey, Logan Smothers and looking good and like we will land Peter Costelli (another Top 250 (ranked 155 nationally) 4 star Pro style/dual threat QB)...yeah Vedral isn’t going to be playing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

It’s Christmas so this is not meant to be negative.

really? You want the QB’s throws posted online. For what purpose, so the fans, the people that have zero qualifications can add comments and question the staff? That’s never going to happen at N or any other D1 school.
Scott runs this program, and his decisions are based of practices we aren’t able to see and opinions of the staff he hired. We support the staff/team, fans are not part of naming a starter, nor should we. #GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT