ADVERTISEMENT

Reaction from Joel Klatt: “it’s closer than you think”

My thoughts also, not what many on this board want to here but there's a lot of idiots in the Nebraska fanbase.
So, after another 4 win season or less everyone on here making excuse after excuse will show up and say we're progressing right?? Open your eyes Husker fans. It's year 4 and the same circus bullshit is happening week after week. Lol

I am thinking that our team from two years ago, assuming same mistakes (penalties and kicking game), woulda lost by 30. Holy buckets, gotta get the kicking game up to average and improve the running game. Option seemed to work pretty well against Bama today. Could sprinkle that in more liberally, maybe.

Still waiting. How is 4 years instant gratification?
This is a Snyder/K-State style rebuild…firing a coach after year 4 is incredibly short sighted and just proves that some fans, led by schmucks like you, aren’t very knowledgeable and think the solution is as easy as switching out coaches every 4 years…people like you are the reason we got rid of Solich and Bo in the first place

This is a Snyder/K-State style rebuild…firing a coach after year 4 is incredibly short sighted and just proves that some fans, led by schmucks like you, aren’t very knowledgeable and think the solution is as easy as switching out coaches every 4 years…people like you are the reason we got rid of Solich and Bo in the first place
I recall Bo and Frank having many winning seasons schmuck but I guess it's a 10 year rebuild. Gotcha

...and they both needed to go at the time

Alot few stories out about this game and most talk about how Oklahoma is not playing that good and the score to Nebraska proves it! They dont talk about how far the huskers have came.Just they almost lost to a shitty team..Our kicker shits his self in front of a crowd.Stage fright!! Maybe we can play in empty stadiums again for his sake..loll

Reactions: BleedRed78
He’s not just blowing hot air when he says he truly believes Nebraska will beat iowa, wisconsin, michigan or Ohio state this year. Why say that unless he believes it? This isn’t just an announcers speaking platitudes.

And if we beat one of those teams, I am going to say we get more than 4 wins. If we don’t, then we haven’t turned a corner. Then we start over I guess.

In the past. Klatt has come across as pretty well informed and insightful, so I'm hopeful that he's right on this. Mind you if they didn't happen it would have changed situational play calling, BUT if you fix our 3 big kicking mistakes that is 8 points and puts us ahead by 1 (the 2 pt defensive conversion and our 2 missed FGs).

If you would have told me we would have been within a touchdown at the end, much less with mistakes in the kicking game being responsible for that point differential, I would have thought you were drunk or high. I'm not a fan of moral victories and I wouldn't call this one, but hanging with the #3 team in the country to the end does make me hopeful that maybe this team is better than I've given them credit for so far.

Close to what? Frost actually making a bowl game? Frost winning more than 40% of his games?

It will be interesting to hear what the narrative will be when Frost fails to win six games again.

And boy have the goal post been moved…hoping and praying that a coach can win six games in year 4.

So what. The results coming in Big Ten play will determine Scott Frost's fate anyway. November has Ohio State, Iowa and Wisconsin.

The Michigan State game is the biggest, most important game in his coaching career at Nebraska so far. Lose and the path is basically impossible to a bowl season. Win and he will have a shot if he beats NW too.

He’s not just blowing hot air when he says he truly believes Nebraska will beat iowa, wisconsin, michigan or Ohio state this year. Why say that unless he believes it? This isn’t just an announcers speaking platitudes.

And if we beat one of those teams, I am going to say we get more than 4 wins. If we don’t, then we haven’t turned a corner. Then we start over I guess.
If we were to beat 2 of those 4 teams (Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St) and get to a bowl I would consider that progress considering pre-season we could all see how difficult the schedule was going to be.

Perhaps hanging with #3 ranked OU is the confidence this team needs to know that they can play with anyone in the BIG-10?

Never heard so many if and buts after a loss. Well, maybe after Illinois.
I've never seen so many supposed Husker fans feeling their justness if we keep losing.

It is an every 4 year cycle of "Hey, I am right, listen to me and my grand opinion about who should really be our coach" while hoping with every breath that we lose as many games as possible to make their script of Husker futility so great.

How the phuck does this actually happen?

Reactions: sloth316
I've never seen so many supposed Husker fans feeling their justness if we keep losing.

It is an every 4 year cycle of "Hey, I am right, listen to me and my grand opinion about who should really be our coach" while hoping with every breath that we lose as many games as possible to make their script of Husker futility so great.

I never hope we lose. Even if I did, doubt that would affect the outcome. LOL

In the past. Klatt has come across as pretty well informed and insightful, so I'm hopeful that he's right on this. Mind you if they didn't happen it would have changed situational play calling, BUT if you fix our 3 big kicking mistakes that is 8 points and puts us ahead by 1 (the 2 pt defensive conversion and our 2 missed FGs).

If you would have told me we would have been within a touchdown at the end, much less with mistakes in the kicking game being responsible for that point differential, I would have thought you were drunk or high. I'm not a fan of moral victories and I wouldn't call this one, but hanging with the #3 team in the country to the end does make me hopeful that maybe this team is better than I've given them credit for so far.
Well if you get to count your missed FGs thn OU gets their missed FG too. So 24-23 OU.

take away the 2 pts add the 3 for them. Then add 7 to Nebraska (2 FG and 1XP)

other than that, I agree with you.

I never hope we lose. Even if I did, doubt that would affect the outcome. LOL
I wanted Bo Pelini to lose.

Having met the man and spending more than a few hours around him, I wanted him to be as far away from Husker football as he could possibly be. Dumb arrogant asshole. I mean, he really was dumb.

Klatt is always very fair and balanced in his commentary. Acknowledged the Frost took over program at its low point. He gave credit to Martinez and the defense. He also sees what we do in that special teams are still a disaster and the team is undisciplined. I'm not sure why he thinks the discipline problem will get fixed since it's been a staple of Frost

Reactions: BleedRed78

It happens (and not only at Nebraska) when the losses pile up. It would happen with just about any fan base of a team whose coach has produced three consecutive losing seasons and is entering the 5th game of the fourth season 2-2. That sort of behavior is very predictable. That you are baffled it could happen is more surprising.

Well if you get to count your missed FGs thn OU gets their missed FG too. So 24-23 OU.

take away the 2 pts add the 3 for them. Then add 7 to Nebraska (2 FG and 1XP)

other than that, I agree with you.

Haha, ya, I get what you're saying. For me, it's more about the fact that we were actually on their half of the field with the potential to score those points which with the way our offense has played I wouldn't have expected.

Like I said different score leads to different play calling, yada yada, but with that being said making as many mistakes as we did and still being so close makes me hopeful. Honestly, our D has impressed me. They aren't amazing but the way they kept OU's offense in check surprised me.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
There is no doubt that our game yesterday is one of our best games in the Frost era, despite making the same kinds of special teams blunders. And so I am glad a national commentator like Klatt took notice. And I hope he is right. I just don’t think he is. I doubt we beat any of the big boys left on our schedule. But let’s take care of business next week and see what happens next. MSU looks to be the real deal. If we beat them, one week after giving OU all they could handle, then maybe this season has some hope. But beating MSU is going to be really tough.

Reactions: PaPHusker162
We still have some sort of self confidence problem.

Joel is right about one thing, and I believe we didn't need to go through 4 years of losing and that the team is better than what we have shown, but we still have some sort of confidence problem.

That self confidence problem spreads like a virus, and always has. This has caused tremendous harm to the team, and many transfers out of the program as well.

So now, the virus is raging in the offensive line and special teams.

JoJo Domann said all those things are between the ears during his press conference. I encourage you to watch it, because he gives a really solid positive message about building on today's success.

However, this is the same thing that has been going on for 4 years. I do not think we are any further along that we have been, sans that the QB is now a senior and and maybe the infection isn't quite as bad as it used to be, but it's still there.

The head coach allows this to exist, to fester, for 4 years now.

That's about as nice as I can be on it.

ADVERTISEMENT