ADVERTISEMENT

RBs and WRs

JOHNNY N

Nebraska Legend
Sep 24, 2003
Crazy how terrible they've been as a whole. Coaches and players.

Barthel hasnt recruited anybody special and isn't making what he has in that room better.

McGuire who had nothing to work with a year ago got upgraded across the board and the production is largely the same. What a terrible disappointment that group has been.

Crazy how terrible they've been as a whole. Coaches and players.

Barthel hasnt recruited anybody special and isn't making what he has in that room better.

McGuire who had nothing to work with a year ago got upgraded across the board and the production is largely the same. What a terrible disappointment that group has been.
RB's are good enough to get it done with an OL and WR that actually block.

WR really no excuse.

I honestly don't think we could run the ball with Derrick Henry in the backfield.

exerting your will on your opponent for 60 straight minutes takes a certain mindset and dedication. you have to both truly believe in it and ultimately want to do it.

it has to be baked into every minute of every person in the program's football life.

we are soft, fragile and just so easy to knock off our spot.

it all starts up top and up front. no surprise noted fanboy OP left these two positions off the list.

fat, jovial nice guys have a really hard time sending the message that we should be tough and nasty because they themselves don't live it.

I honestly don't think we could run the ball with Derrick Henry in the backfield.

exerting your will on your opponent for 60 straight minutes takes a certain mindset and dedication. you have to both truly believe in it and ultimately want to do it.

it has to be baked into every minute of every person in the program's football life.

we are soft, fragile and just so easy to knock off our spot.
This. I think we can run the ball if we have the will to do it. Not saying we would be a juggernaut in the run game but it could be a lot better than it is.

I'll say it again. The zone/option game is silly with our statue of a qb.

We have mediocre running backs and wide receivers. We are also weak at Tight End. Our offensive line is average to below average. Our QB is talented but a true freshman and has gotten worse as teams have figured out our offense.
In a word our offense sucks. Rhule had better hit the portal hard this year to bring in real talent or else next year will be even worse than this year. Tougher schedule next year and we lose a ton of starters.
People have accused me of being a doom and gloom poster because I predicted a 6-6 season. But we have sucked for 10 years now and at this point the burden of proof is on the optimists. What is the basis of that optimism? So far Rhule looks like Frost 2.0 but with the gift of gab. So far he is all sizzle and no steak. So far we are still the same weak team we have been for a decade.
Must be real embarrassing for Rhule to talk about “developing players” and “building culture” only to get cornholed by a first year coach on a historically shit program who was 3-9 last year and did so with transfers from James Madison.

We have mediocre running backs and wide receivers. We are also weak at Tight End. Our offensive line is average to below average. Our QB is talented but a true freshman and has gotten worse as teams have figured out our offense.
In a word our offense sucks. Rhule had better hit the portal hard this year to bring in real talent or else next year will be even worse than this year. Tougher schedule next year and we lose a ton of starters.
People have accused me of being a doom and gloom poster because I predicted a 6-6 season. But we have sucked for 10 years now and at this point the burden of proof is on the optimists. What is the basis of that optimism? So far Rhule looks like Frost 2.0 but with the gift of gab. So far he is all sizzle and no steak. So far we are still the same weak team we have been for a decade.
Must be real embarrassing for Rhule to talk about “developing players” and “building culture” only to get cornholed by a first year coach on a historically shit program who was 3-9 last year and did so with transfers from James Madison.
We shouldn’t be so weak at TE, Fidone was a top recruit and Carter Nelson could have gone to any program he wanted to! Fidone is becoming more useful now, and yes Nelson is a freshman but he’s gone MIA in big ten play. Something is wrong at that position group as well. Depends how the rest of this season goes but I feel like Rhule should make a move to improve the program and start over with all new offensive coaches (other than Raiola unless Dylan leaves).

We shouldn’t be so weak at TE, Fidone was a top recruit and Carter Nelson could have gone to any program he wanted to! Fidone is becoming more useful now, and yes Nelson is a freshman but he’s gone MIA in big ten play. Something is wrong at that position group as well. Depends how the rest of this season goes but I feel like Rhule should make a move to improve the program and start over with all new offensive coaches (other than Raiola unless Dylan leaves).
uncle donnie holding the program hostage

bullshit

we can hire unlimited coaches now

shove his worthless bald fat ass in a locker and bring in someone who can both teach and recruit the O Line

don't forget uncle donnie is our "Run Game Coordinator", as well

absolute dead weight. always has been, always will be.

if DR wants to leave instead of do the things we need to do to win, so be it.

Our whole offensive staff needs to be replaced IMO

Biggest weakness is OC. The play design, blocking schemes, etc suck dick
I’d rather have an under center power blocking scheme with lots of motion and pulling and lead blockers and play action.. but run first mentality

I want an OC that says… 3rd and 2?… I am gonna run this ball down their fuggin throat

bullshit

shove his worthless bald fat ass in a locker and bring in someone who can both teach and recruit the O Line

bullshit

I agree

RB's are good enough to get it done with an OL and WR that actually block.

WR really no excuse.
The running backs really aren't good enough. They're kinda garbage actually. They don't hit holes. They don't break tackles. They don't make people miss. Barthel isn't getting the job done. The returning players didn't improve, Dowdell is average at best, plus he fumbles. The rotation is a mystery. He was the coach I wanted replaced the most last year.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
The running backs really aren't good enough. They're kinda garbage actually. They don't hit holes. They don't break tackles. They don't make people miss. Barthel isn't getting the job done. The returning players didn't improve, Dowdell is average at best, plus he fumbles. The rotation is a mystery. He was the coach I wanted replaced the most last year.
you're suggesting over the counter cold medicine to treat a malignant tumor by pointing your finger at the RB coach

all because you are emotionally attached to the worst P5 position coach/run game coordinator in the country (uncle donnie)

sad.

you're suggesting over the counter cold medicine to treat a malignant tumor by pointing your finger at the RB coach

all because you are emotionally attached to the worst P5 position coach/run game coordinator in the country (uncle donnie)

sad.
I laugh because I beat cancer this summer. And yes it took more than OTC cold medicine.

They are good enough I believe. We have an OL problem, and WR blocking problem.

Who's the te coach 👀 🤔😡

Reactions: Skers4life69
Its the f+cKing line and it has been for 10-15 years. We need a talent and size upgrade. Walk by the guys on our line sometime. Then walk by literally ANY other B1G team. It is night and day. I watched Iowa warm up last year at field level. It was a stark difference.
edit- I dont care who coaches them. Get better players. Get more of them. Keep doing it every year. teach them the plays, they should already know how to block people, and they should not be nice people on the field.

I'm hesitant to say they are bad. Many times, certain coaches and styles cannot get anything out of a group, then someone else comes in and they look great all of a sudden. Whether its work ethic of the players, inexperienced coaches, or both.

Skill position players here seem to be lacking on the details and are not doing any of the little things. I should look up how Banks was as a blocker and route runner at Wake. He comes off as lazy and unprepared here yet he seemed to be well liked there as a possession receiver. You usually aren't a good possession receiver without running decent routes..

sad.
I'm suggesting that the rb coach hasn't improved the position he is in charge of. It's worse than it was when he got here.

The same with the receivers.

That's the title of the thread.

Last edited:
I don’t blame the coaches for everything, some of it has to do with players not executing. Now it’s up to the coaches to pull the lazy wr or tight ends. At this point let these players sit and let the second or third string players play especially if they are executing the plays, like making the blocks to help the running game, I like Emmett Johnson the best at running back but he has difficulty picking up blitzes, is that coaching? Or is it the player just can’t grasp it?

I suggesting that the rb coach hasn't improved the position he is charge of. It's worse than it was when he got here.

The same with the receivers.

That's the title of the thread.
the OL coach and Run Game Coordinator hasn't improved the position he's in charge of, either

and he's been in charge of that room for longer than either of those other two

and when they don't go, the RB room/WR room don't matter

the OL coach and Run Game Coordinator hasn't improved the position he's in charge of, either

and he's been in charge of that room for longer than either of those other two

and when they don't go, the RB room/WR room don't matter
The rb coach isn't doing a good job . That's the thread. There are plenty of donnie sucks threads, you've started many of them. You can bump those. This thread is about the rb and wr coaches being subpar.

There is a softness, no fear of accountability, quit when the going get's rough mindset. We all despise this and I think the answer is time. This is a rebuild from the ground up and the reality kicked us in the ass last week, more to come. I don't think this thing, whatever it is, will be defeated till every recruit is Rhule's . The past keeps ouching the future, gotta stop it. He needs to recruit tough minded individuals to begin with. Lineman that are nasty, Mazucca type. Seek help from other programs in our league that have proven success with it. This goes hand and hand with rb's and wr's not getting it done. No block, no rock.

Reactions: Dean Pope
The rb coach isn't doing a good job . That's the thread. There are plenty of donnie sucks threads, you've started many of them. You can bump those. This thread is about the rb and wr coaches being subpar.
it's important that you yourself admit uncle donnie is terrible and his unit is the primary reason our offense is hopeless

apologists like you need their feet held to the fire

you can't call for accountability when you yourself refuse to be accountable

that's something our Head Coach, the Preacher, would do

Reactions: Spinner45
it's important that you yourself admit uncle donnie is terrible and his unit is the primary reason our offense is hopeless

apologists like you need their feet held to the fire

you can't call for accountability when you yourself refuse to be accountable

that's something our Head Coach, the Preacher, would

It's a free message board. You're really not gonna be holding anything to the fire. But you have fun trying.

So, back to the thread title. The rbs and wrs coaches aren't good at their jobs.

It's a free message board. You're really not gonna be holding anything to the fire. But you have fun trying.

So, back to the thread title. The rbs and wrs coaches aren't good at their jobs.
pathetic.

yet another Nebraska fan who's infinitely more focused on his own feelings than the success of the team.

our fanbase is not only delusional & football illiterate, it's fraught with pussies like this guy who'd rather be nice than see a winner.

Who's the te coach 👀 🤔😡
Rhule originally hired his buddy who was a high school coach in Texas. But he got drunk and decided to drive so was fired before he even coached a game. A special teams analyst served as the TE coach in 2023.
Then Satt, after perfecting his role of offensive coordinator, had TE coach added to his responsibilities

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
pathetic.

yet another Nebraska fan who's infinitely more focused on his own feelings than the success of the team.

our fanbase is not only delusional & football illiterate, it's fraught with pussies like this guy who'd rather be nice than see a winner.
Family Fish GIF by Run The Burbs

Heard DB talking this morning about this and it kind of struck me. He didnt name names, but he said when the game was out of hand, 3rd Q or whatever, our RB would run the ball, and see the guy in the hole and spin to avoid the contact and attempt at breaking free. His point was, when the game is out of hand, and it becomes about your own pride, and you want to pride yourself on being a physical tough, running team, you dont spin. You lay the hammer down on that defender and punish them for trying to tackle you. Even if it means nothing. He mentioned it being taught that way to him and that it does not appear to him our backs have that mentality. Just found it interesting.

calling for accountability when you yourself refuse to be is nothing short of hypocritical and cowardly

sorry, jnebby2

just another blowhard who cannot practice what he never stops preaching
Keep on holding all of us accountable, Rambo. You're doing big things here. Huge.

Keep on holding all of us accountable, Rambo. You're doing big things here. Huge.
just another emotional grown man who instead of using his head he gets butthurt and winds up on the wrong side of history

yawn

With what we have you have to have a dual threat QB. Dylan is a great QB, but you can't lack the WR's and OL we do and not have someone who is mobile to cover things up. Talent influx needs to happen ASAP.

Reactions: huskerfan66
uncomfortable truths:

we ranked 9th in the country in 40+ yard runs last year with the same (or worse) personnel in the backfield

we ranked 2nd in the B1G in 50+ yard plays last year with the same (or worse) personnel on the outside

Was at the game. Didn’t see anythjng positive. In fact, the entire team has sucked since they figured out they beat Colorado at half time. Was that their goal? Revenge?

I’m still miffed how our team had two weeks to prepare for Indiana than showed up clueless and admittedly, “not ready”

If I were the boss; Rhule would have one more game where they weren’t ready and then I’d tell him to make other plans. Of course this won’t happen because we signed him to a ridiculous contract.

I wonder if the team gave up. Good thing we have OsU next.
Opportunity knocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baxter48
you'll never see this kind of cowardice from me. I answer the bell every single time.

accountability and integrity are the two most important things a man can possess.

take notes, johnny.
Thank goodness the huskers have fans like you out there. Because of your actions here today they may even put a competitive product on the field on saturday. You are so brave.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT