ADVERTISEMENT

RB Coach hired?

Sarcastic Star Wars GIF

Boy, Rhule is fast. I didn't expect to hear so many names so quickly.
He's had all that free time to plan his staff since he was fired by Carolina. So once he signed the deal with Nebraska then he just had to finalize official offers. Probably made promises to them before he had a school and that's likely one of the reasons no Nebraska assistants are being retained.

Reactions: WHCSC
Not a fan?
I'm just not thrilled with the choice. Admittedly, I have no knowledge of him. I only saw his career stops and I wasn't impressed.

Am I missing something? Koolaid me, Johnny... in a purely and only Nebraska FB way on why this is a good hire? :)

I'm just not thrilled with the choice. Admittedly, I have no knowledge of him. I only saw his career stops and I wasn't impressed.

Am I missing something? Koolaid me, Johnny... in a purely and only Nebraska FB way on why this is a good hire? :)
He was recruiting coordinator at Penn St in 2016. Their 2017 Rivals ranking was 12th, so there's that.

Oldjar Could do better than every single coach we had. Just ask him. You know he’s a class C high school position coach so he’s got cred. ….
To be fair, most he likely has coordinator experience, class c usually only have about 4 coaches. Gota multi task!

He was recruiting coordinator at Penn St in 2016. Their 2017 Rivals ranking was 12th, so there's that.
You do realize that’s an administrative role and not a coaching/recruiter role?

Not to knock him or anything. but the post can be misleading and not saying that was your intention.

Guy hasn’t had much experience coaching in FBS and none in P5, just experienced behind the desk so to speak. But Rhule likes him and is likely working out a budget. I’m guessing him and Knighton will be on the cheaper end which will allow to throw more money elsewhere. Any coach/director/ etc has to find savings but not at the expense of production.

Keeping coach Applewhite might have not allowed to make another move.

besides, I like a coach whose hungry

Reactions: Swiv3D

I don't have any idea whether he's a good hire or not. I no longer keep up with the who's who of assistant college football coaches. I do however assume that Matt Rhule knows exactly what he's looking for and has put together multiple staffs that have turned around 2 college programs. I think that should buy him a little bit of leeway.

I don't have any idea whether he's a good hire or not. I no longer keep up with the who's who of assistant college football coaches. I do however assume that Matt Rhule knows exactly what he's looking for and has put together multiple staffs that have turned around 2 college programs. I think that should buy him a little bit of leeway.
According to his press conference he's thought about this and has his vision. Am surprised how quick some of the new hires have come....he said he wanted to talk to players and then coaches about status etc

Well, that's perfectly understandable. I'll defer to your judgement. Thanks bud 😊

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Oldjar Could do better than every single coach we had. Just ask him. You know he’s a class C high school position coach so he’s got cred. ….
Some of our past coaches could learn a thing or two watching Pierce, Aurora, McCook etc, just sayin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT