ADVERTISEMENT

Rashod Bateman

th

At this point hard telling if Minnesota will even finish their season at this point...

There is no logical thought process behind a move like this. "Opting out" in the middle of the season basically just means you are quitting the team. There is literally nothing to gain by this move.

There is no logical thought process behind a move like this. "Opting out" in the middle of the season basically just means you are quitting the team. There is literally nothing to gain by this move.
In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fleck encouraged him to opt out. Fleck will shout it from the mountaintop that his 3-5 record is the result of guys like Bateman opting out. Fleck knows this season is not going to be good.

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fleck encouraged him to opt out. Fleck will shout it from the mountaintop that his 3-5 record is the result of guys like Bateman opting out. Fleck knows this season is not going to be good.
I'm a little concerned that you prefaced that with "in all seriousness".

I think there's a lot to gain by not getting injured and insuring you get paid setting yourself up for life. He's played a handful of games averaging 13 yards / catch & 94 yards / game showing he still has it.

Really no reason risking your future over a wasted Covid season.

Once he realizes the stats he can get against Nebraska...he will opt back in and improve his draft stock by a round or two.

• Haha
Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT