ADVERTISEMENT

Rashod Bateman not playing this year due to covid

I fear this will be more common this year. If there is already good tape on you and you are projected to be a high pick, why play the year? (other than the obvious reasons of love of the game/competition, etc)

Would be nice if a few of those high draft picks came out saying they were going to play regardless. oh well, its up to each player to decide what is best for them.

as far as those opting out. Wonder if they could be used as scout team players. Still help the team that way, they just dont have the saturday competition. Of course, dont a lot of injuries happen M-F during weekly prep?

I like how you say my post is incorrect but that we don’t know enough about it. So instead of “incorrect” maybe you should say “inconclusive”?

No, I think it's still something you would want to call "incorrect," because it's an assertion you were making. The question of why some people get sicker than others, even in younger and healthier demographic groups, does not have a conclusive answer, but asserting that it is "no big deal" because you are younger and healthier is incorrect. Your odds of avoiding serious symptoms are far better, but they are not perfect and it can still be very damaging and sometimes fatal.

No, I think it's still something you would want to call "incorrect," because it's an assertion you were making. The question of why some people get sicker than others, even in younger and healthier demographic groups, does not have a conclusive answer, but asserting that it is "no big deal" because you are younger and healthier is incorrect. Your odds of avoiding serious symptoms are far better, but they are not perfect and it can still be very damaging and sometimes fatal.
yes, we're only allowed to deal in absolutes.

99.9% isn't 100% so you're wrong, @spinner4.

Since day 1 humans have fought against viruses. We’ve never ran from them. We’ve always challenged them head on. And we’ve always been victorious. Always. Evidence: we are still alive. But now you want to challenge a winning hand and do it another way by hiding and praying for a miracle drug to save us. Can you imagine what would have happened to civilization if we tried to hide from the bubonic plague? Or how about the Spanish flu? We played sports during the Spanish flu. We fought a war during the Spanish flu. Na, just go live with the rats and run and hide pray that we land that miracle drug that cures all that’s FDA approve. And all against a virus that your almost absolutely likely not going to get. And even if you do get it, it’s most likely not any worse than a common cold. And this doesn’t mean I’m an anti-masker. Better safe then sorry at the very least. Just think it’s way overblown and anti-productive. Math sides with my opinion. history of humanity sides with my opinion . CNN doesn’t. And yes, I work with real sock people every day at a cancer hospital. Ones that math isn’t on their side. And they still live life. And I can’t emphasize enough, i understand that this isn’t normal. Humanity is at war. But even during wars we lived life

Last edited:
Since day 1 humans have fought against viruses. We’ve never ran from them. We’ve always challenged them head on. And we’ve always been victorious. Always. Evidence: we are still alive. But now you want to challenge a winning hand and do it another way by hiding and praying for a miracle drug to save us. Can you imagine what would have happened to civilization if we tried to hide from the bubonic plague? Or how about the Spanish flu? We played sports during the Spanish flu. We fought a war during the Spanish flu. Na, just go live with the rats and run and hide pray that we land that miracle drug that cures all that’s FDA approve. And all against a virus that your almost absolutely likely not going to get. And even if you do get it, it’s most likely not any worse than a common cold. And this doesn’t mean I’m an anti-masker. Better safe then sorry at the very least. Just think it’s way overblown and anti-productive. Math sides with my opinion. history of humanity sides with my opinion . CNN doesn’t. And yes, I work with real sock people every day at a cancer hospital. Ones that math isn’t on their side. And they still live life. And I can’t emphasize enough, i understand that this isn’t normal. Humanity is at war. But even during wars we lived life

This is seriously one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

The Bubonic Plague killed between 30-60% of the population of Europe, and may have killed over 100 million people worldwide.

The Spanish Flu killed 50 million + worldwide, estimated 675,000 in the U.S. alone.

Both of these things happened before we knew much of anything about viruses, immunity, the human body, etc. What does "We've always been victorious" even mean, in the context of these massive disasters? Are you saying **** science? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying, and it's ridiculous.

This is seriously one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

The Bubonic Plague killed between 30-60% of the population of Europe, and may have killed over 100 million people worldwide.

The Spanish Flu killed 50 million + worldwide, estimated 675,000 in the U.S. alone.

Both of these things happened before we knew much of anything about viruses, immunity, the human body, etc. What does "We've always been victorious" even mean, in the context of these massive disasters? Are you saying **** science? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying, and it's ridiculous.
You're not giving him enough credit. I would say it is THE dumbest post I've ever read.

Reactions: Melmc and DudznSudz
What sticks out to me is how many high draft picks the big ten has. Definitely seems like a talent shift from a few years ago.

PJ thought he had a SEC job all lined up. Now he's panicking.

PJ probably wants the Notre Dame job or the MIchigan job and Kelly just got a new deal so that is out. I am not sure he is much of a SEC type guy, but other P5 jobs like USC or Texas might get his attention.

Regardless of interest by others, Minnesota will pay as much as anyone if that is what it takes to keep PJF happy.

Unless PJF decides he cannot win big at Minnesota, he may never leave his palatial retreats on Lake Minnetonka and in Edina MN.

I’m positive that any guys that opted out and want back in will be approved. It’s 2020. Anything goes.

don't care what kind of year it has been...he made choice to sign with an agent...and most likely received "agent benefits" that come with signing. don't see why he couldn't have waited to be absolutely positive there would be no season. 🤷🏼
guess that ol' saying comes into play..."rules are meant to be broken".

master bateman

won't matter. mn is very disappointed the ncaa is allowing their entire team to play this year.

PJ probably wants the Notre Dame job or the MIchigan job and Kelly just got a new deal so that is out. I am not sure he is much of a SEC type guy, but other P5 jobs like USC or Texas might get his attention.

Regardless of interest by others, Minnesota will pay as much as anyone if that is what it takes to keep PJF happy.

Unless PJF decides he cannot win big at Minnesota, he may never leave his palatial retreats on Lake Minnetonka and in Edina MN.
Lake House!

master bateman

won't matter. mn is very disappointed the ncaa is allowing their entire team to play this year.
Actually not. The team and coaches are on record as wanting to play after the cancellation. With their first season with a pre-season ranking in a long time, most fans are are looking forward to the season.

Actually not. The team and coaches are on record as wanting to play after the cancellation. With their first season with a pre-season ranking in a long time, most fans are are looking forward to the season.
One month changes a lot, huh?

"They relayed back to me about how they know it was a very hard choice, but inevitably at the end of the day, the right choice at the end of the day to keep them safe and healthy with too much uncertain," said Fleck.

What about 30 for 30?

One month changes a lot, huh?

"They relayed back to me about how they know it was a very hard choice, but inevitably at the end of the day, the right choice at the end of the day to keep them safe and healthy with too much uncertain," said Fleck.
The above quote is absolutely correct. It certainly doesn't mean that they didn't want to play. The uncertain part pertains to the medical advisors having no answers when asked about how Covid was going to be handled.

The above quote is absolutely correct. It certainly doesn't mean that they didn't want to play. The uncertain part pertains to the medical advisors having no answers when asked about how Covid was going to be handled.
That’s weird, considering schools like Ohio State and Nebraska had direct testing plans, along with myocarditis tests.

Sure seems like the teams that wanted to play had plans, what about the others?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT