ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Big Ten Basketball Jobs

Until we win an NCAA tournament game, I'm not sure how we aren't the worst job in the Big Ten. Facilities are great and all, but there's no substitution for winning and tradition.

Minnesota is a much better basketball job than Nebraska, and unfortunately so is Iowa.

Reactions: newAD
Reactions: Sinomatic and loper
What is there to do in other places? I know people in all other areas of the country, they do the same monotonous crap that I do. Go to work, spend time with the family, go to all the kids activities, go out to eat, go to a movie once in awhile, a sporting event (pro or college).... what is it we're missing out on? My wife has a close friend in LA that we visited a few years ago, we asked, "Can we go to the beach?" They said, "Sure, we've never been!"

Until we win an NCAA tournament game, I'm not sure how we aren't the worst job in the Big Ten. Facilities are great and all, but there's no substitution for winning and tradition.

Minnesota is a much better basketball job than Nebraska, and unfortunately so is Iowa.

No way are we at the bottom, it's not like NW, Rutgers, PSU have any BB tradition and we have better facilities and fan support. But putting us ahead of Iowa and Minnesota seems like a stretch.

When do we get over the "There's nothing else to do in Lincoln" canard? It's tiring. I live in a "city" one-fourth the size of Lincoln. I've never heard these geniuses say "there's nothing to do in Iowa City"? (Maybe they're including the wondrous and seemingly endless list of things to do in Cedar Rapids and Coralville, eh?)
Yeah...I don't really get it either. Plus, don't all college kids pretty much do the same things? Drink, bars, games, study and parties...they act like college students in other places are constantly mountain climbing and surfing.

Well, since they clearly spelled out the criteria - and winning an NCAA tournament game wasn’t one of them - then I can see why NU is ranked where it is.

But still, the fact that Nebraska has never won an NCAA tournament game is very hard to understand. I know it’s not easy to do, but I also know it’s not as difficult as Nebraska makes it look.

Well, everything is based upon a specific criteria for this ranking. I could use another one as well as you could and probably would change any of the rankings of all but the top one or two.

Interesting read but wouldn't get too worked up about it one way or another.

Last edited:
Yeah...I don't really get it either. Plus, don't all college kids pretty much do the same things? Drink, bars, games, study and parties...they act like college students in other places are constantly mountain climbing and surfing.
Or from the sounds of pest-like troll posters, constantly riding Space Mountain and hugging Disney princesses for photos.

Or from the sounds of pest-like troll posters, constantly riding Space Mountain and hugging Disney princesses for photos.
true story. I once had the Mulan "princess" sit down on my lap at a Princess breakfast with my daughter. Little tiny top and harem style bottoms. YIKES! Way too much stress for an old guy with his wife staring at him. She did the whole running her fingers through my hair deal too. It was a good thing I was sitting down and could push back up under the table.:oops:

Who is the f-tard that said there is nothing to do in Lincoln? Lincoln is easily in the Top half of B1G college towns.

How anyone with half a brain could put Champaign, West Lafayette, East Lansing, Iowa City, Bloomington, or State College ahead of Lincoln is beyond me. And I didn't think Ann Arbor was head and shoulders better than Lincoln either. Lincoln is 280,000, which is substantially larger than the above cities, and there is plenty to do if you look a little.

When do we get over the "There's nothing else to do in Lincoln" canard? It's tiring. I live in a "city" one-fourth the size of Lincoln. I've never heard these geniuses say "there's nothing to do in Iowa City"? (Maybe they're including the wondrous and seemingly endless list of things to do in Cedar Rapids and Coralville, eh?)
I have to admit, I went to a football game in Iowa City last year & it lives up to the hype. It’s a crazy party town.

Ok. Shoot me!

Reactions: Hawkeye_311
Recruiting base Nebraska better than Iowa??? The top 2 players in Iowa high schools this year, I'd love to get in Lincoln, but it aint happening.

I bleed Husker Red, but I have a hard time buying that Nebraska has a better recruiting base than Iowa, let alone Nebraska being two spots higher in the list?

Reactions: scarletred
Recruiting base Nebraska better than Iowa??? The top 2 players in Iowa high schools this year, I'd love to get in Lincoln, but it aint happening.

I bleed Husker Red, but I have a hard time buying that Nebraska has a better recruiting base than Iowa, let alone Nebraska being two spots higher in the list?

No doubt..

No way are we at the bottom, it's not like NW, Rutgers, PSU have any BB tradition and we have better facilities and fan support. But putting us ahead of Iowa and Minnesota seems like a stretch.

NW, Rutgers, and PSU are all located near fertile recruiting areas (Chicago, New York, Philly/DC). You can recruit out of your car (as Bo famously said).

And they've all won NCAA tournament games - Penn State and Rutgers have even made a Final Four (a long time ago, but still). Northwestern won an NCAA game just a couple years ago.

I was thinking the same thing. I live in CR, actually Hiawatha, maybe that is the difference?

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT