ADVERTISEMENT

Rams Niners MNF

Yeah they look bad but at least they've won something as of late. Between the Steelers, Nebraska and even my old high school I'm hating football these days :rolleyes:

Bobby Wagner with the hit of the game... on a streaker.
Bobby is great. I am not a big Hawk fan, but I sure liked watching Bobby. He must have been undervalued coming out of high school. Per Rivals.com he was just a 2 star recruit. If a Southern Cal kid goes to Utah State he must have been overlooked by the big schools. I bet he was undersized. I’ve heard him talk about playing high school hoops. He said he played against Kawhi Leonard.

Reactions: mgbreis
How is it manufactured? These teams are bitter rivals that hate each other.
lmao no they’re not.

the coaches are good friends, majority of the players are probably friends too.

very rare that rivalries exist in todays NFL with the culture of superteams, and it’s more likely to be between certain players rather than entire teams.

Last true rivalry was Harbaugh’s 49ers and Carroll’s Seahawks.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
lmao no they’re not.

very rare that rivalries exist in todays NFL with the culture of superteams, and it’s more likely to be between certain players rather than entire teams.

Rivalries are more to do with fan bases than actual players or coaches. Silly

Reactions: Anegada1
Yeah they look bad but at least they've won something as of late. Between the Steelers, Nebraska and even my old high school I'm hating football these days :rolleyes:
Its Pickett time. I'm also a steelers fan, but with 2 young kids I don't watch much more than Husker football. Maybe both teams are primed to turn things around.

Reactions: BigRedTed
But how about them Cowboys?
Cowboys are looking pretty good. I'm impressed with the 49ers strength despite not having good quarterback play. Super hard to win in the NFL without a superstar quarterback

lmao no they’re not.

Have you seen how much the Panthers and buccaneers hate each other? That is not fake.

• Haha
Reactions: Anegada1 and thall_
very rare that rivalries exist in todays NFL with the culture of superteams
Are you thinking of the NBA? There are no superteams in the NFL. After 4 weeks there's one undefeated team and nearly half of the league is 2-2. Parity reigns.

Are you thinking of the NBA? There are no superteams in the NFL. After 4 weeks there's one undefeated team and nearly half of the league is 2-2. Parity reigns.
That's what I love about the NFL. On any given sunday, even crap teams have a chance. Colts had no business beating the Chiefs, but they did. Colts won't even make the playoffs, but the Chiefs are probably favored to be in the super bowl. A bad team can turn itself around within 2 years with the right players and coaches.

That's what I love about the NFL. On any given sunday, even crap teams have a chance. Colts had no business beating the Chiefs, but they did. Colts won't even make the playoffs, but the Chiefs are probably favored to be in the super bowl. A bad team can turn itself around within 2 years with the right players and coaches.
totally agree

Bobby Wagner with the hit of the game... on a streaker.
Don’t think that was very well thought out….

“Hey guys I have a great idea! Let’s jump on a football field where there are about 100 world class athletes dressed head to toe in what amounts to body armor, and are highly trained and motivated to tackle people running away from them! It’ll be epic!”

Reactions: BleedRed78
Its Pickett time. I'm also a steelers fan, but with 2 young kids I don't watch much more than Husker football. Maybe both teams are primed to turn things around.
I‘ve never had kids, but I understand how that could interfere with your time watching sports. Got married in my forties and luckily my wife loves watching her school Purdue play and leaves me alone when I am watching sports that she has no interest. She is doing better than me in a NFL losers pool than I am. So I don’t understand one of my ski friends who lets his wife dictate his viewing habits. There are six of us who ski together all the time and all but me and one other went to WSU. They all follow the Cougs, but I would say only two really know what is going on with the team and consistently watch their games. Then there is this one guy who will only watch sports if his wife watches the game. Even crazier than that is if she decides to something else during a game he will leave with her and not watch the game to its end. Even if he has an interest in the outcome. I have no problem with my wife watching something else on another TV, playing her guitar in her music room or doing anything else. She leaves the dog and me alone when we are watching the 65 inch in my man-room.

Reigning champs looking like trash.
McVay already wants out. He'll step down after this year, take a few years off and maybe come back when the right team begs him. Or he could just sit at the desk in front of the camera for the rest of his days.

So whether I agree or disagree that those were “superteams” you named 1 team per season and say it’s a “culture of superteams.” Okay.
No you just chose to interpret me pointing out that superteams win Superbowls like a simpleton.

There is no team loyalty in the NFL, rivalries are mostly fake with a few exceptions

No you just chose to interpret me pointing out that superteams win Superbowls like a simpleton.

There is no team loyalty in the NFL, rivalries are mostly fake with a few exceptions
No, I just think you’re dumb for talking about a culture of superteams when there has never been more parity in the NFL.

Reactions: drubendall
Don’t think that was very well thought out….

“Hey guys I have a great idea! Let’s jump on a football field where there are about 100 world class athletes dressed head to toe in what amounts to body armor, and are highly trained and motivated to tackle people running away from them! It’ll be epic!”
OR, the guy sues him because he was exercising his right to free speech and was attacked. Kind of like the criminal who broke into someone's home and couldn't get out and sued because he had nothing to eat.

Last edited:
Again, your choice to interpret it like a simpleton is not my problem.

superteam =/= undefeated

players referring to superteams = superteam

are you now gonna insinuate you understand the NFL culture better than NFL players?

Heres your parity
Stop changing the story. You said there are no rivalries in the NFL because of the "culture of superteams", and since then your simple brain keeps referring to ONE team. One team is not a "culture of superteams." I can tell you move your lips when you read but this isn't a difficult concept.

culture > one team

Stop changing the story. You said there are no rivalries in the NFL because of the "culture of superteams", and since then your simple brain keeps referring to ONE team. One team is not a "culture of superteams." I can tell you move your lips when you read but this isn't a difficult concept.

culture > one team
Slow down, regain control of your emotions.

Bucs, Rams and Bills = 3 teams. I can name more for you if you’d like, but now I understand that counting isn’t your strong suit and you thought there were multiple stories going on.

Broncos tried, Chargers tried, Dolphins tried, etc

Then we can go into obvious tankjobs like Atlanta that are a byproduct of superteam culture

I’m getting the feeling you’re a boomer who is just fundamentally opposed to the prospect of superteams, so you’re desperate to believe yourself

Slow down, regain control of your emotions.

Bucs, Rams and Bills = 3 teams. I can name more for you if you’d like, but now I understand that counting isn’t your strong suit and you thought there were multiple stories going on.

Broncos tried, Chargers tried, Dolphins tried, etc

Then we can go into obvious tankjobs like Atlanta that are a byproduct of superteam culture

I’m getting the feeling you’re a boomer who is just fundamentally opposed to the prospect of superteams, so you’re desperate to believe yourself
You’re getting a feeling? Lol, you don’t go with actual facts much, do you? As far as emotions, I didn’t start slinging the angry name-calling, that was you getting your little panties in a twist when you’re feelings got hurt. I’m 48, how are your feelings doing so far?
For the last time - 1 or 3 teams does not equal a league-wide culture. But keep shaking your fist and shouting about it, I have a feeling you’re “that guy.”

Debo Samuel’s catch and run might have been the highlight of the year. Damn that was insane. Dude is a freak. Loved how fast the Niner offense looked when they snapped the ball. Fun game IMO to watch
As a life long 49er fan I'm biased but he's pretty fun to watch and a defensive nightmare !

ADVERTISEMENT