ADVERTISEMENT

Rambo is Right

Nov 14, 2020
After watching a lot of football this weekend, seems like there are QB’s that can actually see the field , go through progressions and hit the target. Unfortunately Adrian isn’t one of them. I’ve tried supporting the kid but I want someone who can lift us up with there play not beat us down with mistakes or miscues. Rambo is right, I’d rather take the unknown going forward than what we are for sure to expect from 2AM

After watching a lot of football this weekend, seems like there are QB’s that can actually see the field , go through progressions and hit the target. Unfortunately Adrian isn’t one of them. I’ve tried supporting the kid but I want someone who can lift us up with there play not beat us down with mistakes or miscues. Rambo is right, I’d rather take the unknown going forward than what we are for sure to expect from 2AM
For the love of God don't tell Rambo that! Disclaimer, he is right!

Progressions are irrelevant. It's about technique. If you have happy feet, are off-balance, and your eyes are spinning inside their sockets, you're not going to complete passes.

You can tell in the first two seconds if the play is going to go well. When AM's footwork looks good, good things usually happen. When he has happy feet, he usually scrambles out of the pocket for a sack, or throws off the back of his foot nowhere near a receiver.

Watching the first two games again, Martinez actually performed better than I expected. He had 343 yards of combined offense in the loss to Illinois. The O-line isn't doing him any favors, though. There isn't much of a run game, and he frequently has defenders in his face, disrupting that technique I mentioned.

Adrian isn't the kind of QB who can carry a team on his back, but he's far from Nebraska's biggest problem right now.

Progressions are irrelevant. It's about technique. If you have happy feet, are off-balance, and your eyes are spinning inside their sockets, you're not going to complete passes.

You can tell in the first two seconds if the play is going to go well. When AM's footwork looks good, good things usually happen. When he has happy feet, he usually scrambles out of the pocket for a sack, or throws off the back of his foot nowhere near a receiver.

Watching the first two games again, Martinez actually performed better than I expected. He had 343 yards of combined offense in the loss to Illinois. The O-line isn't doing him any favors, though. There isn't much of a run game, and he frequently has defenders in his face, disrupting that technique I mentioned.

Adrian isn't the kind of QB who can carry a team on his back, but he's far from Nebraska's biggest problem right now.
Outside of his lack of fundamentals and inability to hit open receivers, the boy cannot throw a receiver open. When was the last time you saw him throw a 50-50 ball (on PURPOSE) or throw it to a spot that only the receiver can get to? I am not saying to throw Smothers into the starting position, BUT, on 2 occasions Saturday he threw the receiver open and threw a 50-50 ball almost for a TD.

If AM needs for receivers to be open with no defenders around them, it will once again be a very long season. I do not think the receivers trust AM and AM does not trust the receivers.

I agree , I've really been impressed with 2 posters here in particularly for their football insight.

- Rambo, yes, he was very forsightfull re: QBs and AM in particular.

-Tuco:
yes, I know Tuco and I went at it over Frost in 2017 before he was hired. I was all exceited for Frost to be our coach and Tuco was very skeptical and evaluated Frost and had him closer to a Philip Montgomery of Tulsa coaching level ability.

god-didnt-make-rambo-t-shirt.multi.jpeg
Whatever possessed God in Heaven to make a man like Rambo?

I'll agree with this and there's been more than Rambo saying this. The problem is we keep getting fed the line, "he's our best option to win games". Really? Not saying he may not be or has been in a moment in time. We really don't know do we. A couple of times we've seen the backup try and fail. Why?

I'll agree with this and there's been more than Rambo saying this. The problem is we keep getting fed the line, "he's our best option to win games". Really? Not saying he may not be or has been in a moment in time. We really don't know do we. A couple of times we've seen the backup try and fail. Why?
Imo coaches will give the backup quarterback shitty plays so he doesn’t look good also they rarely get to go with the top unit because the coach doesn’t want a quarterback controversy

I would love to see AM with a competent o-line. He hasnt had an o-line since he has been here. Not saying he would be awesome but it sure would be nice to see.

Reactions: ATX Husker
@NikkiSixx was more than a year ahead on the AM doesnt have ‘it’ wagon

Maybe Saturday unlocked something in him? Maybe Toure gives him a security blanket?

I sure hope we play well on Sat.
Yep Nikki did peg this. I will say that with Toure living up to the hype, having Martin being a good target and with Manning catching balls and also having some other options as well as the TE's there should be no excuses for AM.

ADVERTISEMENT