ADVERTISEMENT

Rahmir Johnson blazing on the track

Wow that’s a fluff article. His best 100m last year was 10.88. Jesus LJS, maybe sneak some content in there.

Spent some time this morning going over Rahmir's film again. He does a lot of things well. Once in a while he is a bit hesitant, and that will work against him at the next level. Most of the time though, his vision and decision making is really good and combined with his side and studder steps, he alludes and then is a bit difficult to bring down. If it doesn't affect his speed, I'd like to see him gain 25lbs over the next couple years. I think he's got fairly long legs for his height, so when he stretches them, it gives him a higher top gear. If he can add 'lightning quick' decision making at the next level, he could be really scary to try to defend.

His speed will be fine BUT obviously it takes more than just speed to be a great running back.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Spent some time this morning going over Rahmir's film again. He does a lot of things well. Once in a while he is a bit hesitant, and that will work against him at the next level. Most of the time though, his vision and decision making is really good and combined with his side and studder steps, he alludes and then is a bit difficult to bring down. If it doesn't affect his speed, I'd like to see him gain 25lbs over the next couple years. I think he's got fairly long legs for his height, so when he stretches them, it gives him a higher top gear. If he can add 'lightning quick' decision making at the next level, he could be really scary to try to defend.

Seems like he gets moving in a hurry and could be a handful for opposing teams on well blocked jet sweeps and in the short passing game. The fake it til you make it juke plays worked against whomever Bergan Catholic was playing that week, but he will get swallowed up by B1G Ds trying to play that game. But he doesn't go down after first contact, that is for sure.
If he can get the playbook down, he's another weapon. Get him on the field with JD, Wan'dale and Kade. That's a nice hand for AMart to play.

He looks much improved in his senior season. Watching his junior film, I thought he would need at least a few years to develop. But with the senior film thrown in there, I think he could contribute for us right away.

Seems like he gets moving in a hurry and could be a handful for opposing teams on well blocked jet sweeps and in the short passing game. The fake it til you make it juke plays worked against whomever Bergan Catholic was playing that week, but he will get swallowed up by B1G Ds trying to play that game. But he doesn't go down after first contact, that is for sure.
If he can get the playbook down, he's another weapon. Get him on the field with JD, Wan'dale and Kade. That's a nice hand for AMart to play.

Kade? Isn't he too slow to play in this offense?

My point with Rahmir is that Frost is stockpiling kids that can be weapons. Combine those kids with a guy like Kade who will consistently do things like make the right block, and a guy like Mills who has already shown the ability to get tough yards at the P5 level and you see an offense developing so that the opposing defense cannot take a down off. Mills, JD, Kade, Wan'dale on one down, Mo, Miles, JD and Hunt the next.

Watched Rahmir’s film again and I like him a lot. However, there’s only a couple plays where he takes on much contact or even has to make too many moves. So I’d like to see more of him in tight spaces getting hit.
In no way am I doubting him, only pointing out it’s what is lacking in the film.
There’s one play that was my favorite where he showed some wiggle then ran over a DB.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
My point with Rahmir is that Frost is stockpiling kids that can be weapons. Combine those kids with a guy like Kade who will consistently do things like make the right block, and a guy like Mills who has already shown the ability to get tough yards at the P5 level and you see an offense developing so that the opposing defense cannot take a down off. Mills, JD, Kade, Wan'dale on one down, Mo, Miles, JD and Hunt the next.

Our version of Clemson"s Hunter Renfro

Reactions: scarletred
I see a little bit of Ameer in his game. It's going to be fun watching him develope.

Well your actually dead on there. If he’s anything like this guy, we will have an elite RB for years to come...with better top end speed ;)

And Rivals having Ameer a 3 star is a joke. I seen 24/7 had him as a 4 star at least. But 3 star is laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black5hirt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT