ADVERTISEMENT

Rachad Wildgoose CB decommit from Georgia

Kid has a 200M time of 22.63, so he has some wheels.

Ucf was in on this Miami northwestern kid early and had a visit set up

Florida is in on him
Longshot but maybe not as much as you might think

3 star

Do we have a shot? Or is this just a wildgoose chase?
latest

Reactions: WC_'sker
22.63 is not that fast at all.
The kid has one 200M race ran in his junior year that is part of an online database. Note I said had some wheels. Popping off a 22.63 in a one off race your junior year is not shabby at all. That time would have been top 40 all-class in NE last year (all races run) and would have qualified him for the 200M finals in class A last year. I would call that fast, not blazing by any means, but indicative of good speed.

The kid has one 200M race ran in his junior year that is part of an online database. Note I said had some wheels. Popping off a 22.63 in a one off race your junior year is not shabby at all. That time would have been top 40 all-class in NE last year (all races run) and would have qualified him for the 200M finals in class A last year. I would call that fast, not blazing by any means, but indicative of good speed.
This is MAJOR college football. It’s not that fast.

Likely was told no thanks by Georgia because there's not enough room as they're filling up an exceptional class of recruits.
Correct

They are doing big boy roster management stuff now- getting rid of their lower end 3 star kids. They probably:
Stopped Calling him
Told him his playing time would be limited
Told him to move on to a better fit- or all of the above

Georgia has;
SIX 5 star kids
Thirteen 4 star kids
Three 3 star kids

Everyone thinks its all about Texas and Florida when it comes to football fanaticism. Ive worked football stuff with coaches in over 30 states- NO PLACE is more rabid than Georgia- take that to the bank, they have numbers and talent as well.

Last edited:
Almost sorry I posted the time. From what I can tell, this is the only time race the kid ran on a track. Athletic.net's database is less complete than milesplit, but that site also only has this time. A mid-22 time in March for one race (which would be early season in most places) is not bad at all. Pretty sure the kid didn't focus on track, but I don't doubt he could have had better times had he done so.
A kid from Booker T. Washington, Tyquan Thornton (WR, 4* Baylor commit) ran 22.15 in the same race (5th place in the race) and won the FL 400M in 2017. That's serious track speed.
Speed in the longer sprints is valuable for WR and DBs. They are going to run a lot during the game and the ability to still have burst when the legs are tired can be useful.

Everyone thinks its all about Texas and Florida when it comes to football fanaticism. Ive worked football stuff with coaches in over 30 states- NO PLACE is more rabid than Georgia- take that to the bank, they have numbers and talent as well.

The top 15-20 programs are all like this.

The top 15-20 programs are all like this.
I meant rabid about football in general- sorry if that wasnt clear
That isnt the case everywhere- even amoungst top 20 programs

Just my personal experiences- and Ive worked football stuff in all 20 of those areas. Surprisingly for me anyway, Georgia topped them all.

I meant rabid about football in general- sorry if that wasnt clear
That isnt the case everywhere- even amoungst top 20 programs

Just my personal experiences- and Ive worked football stuff in all 20 of those areas. Surprisingly for me anyway, Georgia topped them all.

I see and it is interesting. I wonder if that has anything to do with the close proximity of top programs + NFL teams.

I have never seen a fanbase give themselves so many jackassed nicknames. Ever. Not even South Carolina.

We get it.

You're all 15 years old and there are a ton of words that start with "F". Hilarity.
Barefoot water skiers refer to their sport as footn, or to go foot. I like to barefoot waterski, Mystery solved. Thanks for the insult.

Reactions: blackbones
Correct

They are doing big boy roster management stuff now- getting rid of their lower end 3 star kids. They probably:
Stopped Calling him
Told him his playing time would be limited
Told him to move on to a better fit- or all of the above

Georgia has;
SIX 5 star kids
Thirteen 4 star kids
Three 3 star kids

bingo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT