ADVERTISEMENT

Quite the read in the OWH on Mike Riley

Originally posted by mwulf:
Actually feel guilty about luring him away from Corvallis
Why, does not sound like OST was real sorry to see him leave nor did he take a long time to think about looking at and taking the NE job.

One quote in the article sounds very similar to close to home over the past 14 years.
" But many fans want Riley to make staff changes; specifically, fire defensive coordinator Mark Banker"

Solich- Bohl
Callahan-Cosgrove
Pelini-Papuchis

Originally posted by scarletred:
One quote in the article sounds very similar to close to home over the past 14 years.
" But many fans want Riley to make staff changes; specifically, fire defensive coordinator Mark Banker"

Solich- Bohl
Callahan-Cosgrove
Pelini-Papuchis
agree the defensive coordinator was a joke in every example you cite

you do know that Papuchis wasn't the def coordinator right?

Originally posted by jlb321:
Originally posted by scarletred:

Solich- Bohl
Callahan-Cosgrove
Pelini-Papuchis
agree the defensive coordinator was a joke in every example you cite

you do know that Papuchis wasn't the def coordinator right?
Of course I do, We all thought Bo should have went out and hired one after his brother left, but Bo wanted full control of his defense. We all know Papuchis was really not making any of the calls and was just Pelini puppet.

It's a good read. CMR seems like the type of person that would be a good friend, if you know him.

My history may be a bit sketchy, but the only thing I see in common between Solich, Callahan, and Pelini is that they were all fired. Unless I have false memories, Craig Bohl was fired after the 7 and 7 season. Now, many people may have been screaming for Bohl to be fired after Colorado destroyed us, but Solich didn't fire him until the end of the next season. So, Solich was willing to make staff changes to "save" his job, albeit for just one more season.

OSU people sound like the dumped gf.

Anyway, USC, Bama and Wisky couldn't get Riley from OSU so there is that--lol.

BTW, that is the same Wisky that turned NU into their B thanks to Bo's coaching, not the NU players.

Great read. I feel even better of HCMR now.

Like how I slipped "HCMR" in my reply?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT