ADVERTISEMENT

Quit whining, this schedule gives us character

c3o

Graduate Assistant
Apr 24, 2018
Stop blaming everyone and everything.
Schedule looks pretty tough on paper.

Go out and play, play hard, win. This schedule could be a defining moment for this team going forward. Nobody expects us to do well.

The best time to be great is when nobody is expecting you to.

Go Big Red! Whoop some B1G ass. Make them regret giving us this schedule

Go out and play, play hard, win. This schedule could be a defining moment for this team going forward. Nobody expects us to do well.

A lot of whiners on this board. Boo. Hoo.

Amen. I’m sick of excuses and whining about schedules, etc. Just win. Nobody was bitching when we were playing multiple top 10 teams in 1995. We just went out and took care of business. If we ever want to gain respect and try to rise back to the top we need schedules like this one. Don’t back down. Take your lumps. Get better, then give some lumps of your own. Scott Frost was brought here to raise the NU program back to the high bar that was set 20+ years ago. Not to lower the bar so that we can feel good about ourselves.

Amen. I’m sick of excuses and whining about schedules, etc. Just win. Nobody was bitching when we were playing multiple top 10 teams in 1995. We just went out and took care of business. If we ever want to gain respect and try to rise back to the top we need schedules like this one. Don’t back down. Take your lumps. Get better, then give some lumps of your own. Scott Frost was brought here to raise the NU program back to the high bar that was set 20+ years ago. Not to lower the bar so that we can feel good about ourselves.

Right? Remember when NU joined the B1G? Everyone on here was talking about how inferior of a league it was and how we were going to just kill them and dominate the conference. Now, the same posters whine about the difficult schedule and question our fit in the B1G. Lame.

You guys can stop, there isn’t a single person complaining about playing PSU or OSU but there are some of us absolutely lost why they changed the Purdue game that was originally scheduled for game 1. Then it was Rutgers. Now magically all that changed too, WHY? That right there is why most fans that are complaining, are complaining. It has nothing to do with playing the Top 2 teams in the BIG 10. I say bring it....this gives us chance to shut some haters up. But nonetheless, I’d like to know why they moved the Purdue game to begin with? They are from the BIG 10 too, right? Why even touch that game then?

You guys can stop, there isn’t a single person complaining about playing PSU or OSU but there are some of us absolutely lost why they changed the Purdue game that was originally scheduled for game 1. Then it was Rutgers. Now magically all that changed too, WHY? That right there is why most fans that are complaining, are complaining. It has nothing to do with playing the Top 2 teams in the BIG 10. I say bring it....this gives us chance to shut some haters up. But nonetheless, I’d like to know why they moved the Purdue game to begin with? They are from the BIG 10 too, right? Why even touch that game then?

I’d rather play OSU week 1... can prepare for them and Wisky like crazy. Almost can prep like a bowl game.

Yep, the biggest and best thing we could do to give the middle finger to the B1G and the media is to go out and win. Simple as that.

Last edited:

there isn't a single Big Ten team that currently has the same first opponent on the most recent schedule as they did on the Aug 6 schedule or their first conference opponent on the original 2020 schedule prior to the pandemic

not a single one --- the big ten moved those games for every single big ten team -- the constant narrative that everyone is out to get poor ole Neb is tiresome

Last edited:
there isn't a single Big Ten team that currently has the same first opponent on the most recent schedule as they did on the Aug 6 schedule or their first conference opponent on the original 2020 schedule prior to the pandemic

not a single one --- the big ten moved those games for every single big ten team -- the constant narrative that everyone is out to get poor ole Neb is tiresome

And we don’t give a damn to someone who claims he’s in Nebraska fan but isn’t...

Could have easily keep Ioway going to Minnesota which was the 3rd game of the season and first conference game for both so shut the F’up...

There was a reason why Barry Alvarez changed it and everyone can see it...

And we don’t give a damn to someone who claims he’s in Nebraska fan but isn’t...

Could have easily keep Ioway going to Minnesota which was the 3rd game of the season and first conference game for both so shut the F’up...

There was a reason why Barry Alvarez changed it and everyone can see it...

the big ten changed the first game for every single team

Wisconsin plays the exact same conference teams as originally assigned by the conference years ago this year with the exception of Maryland

now tell me --- in the ninth game of the season when crossovers occur - do you think Wisconsin is going to have a tougher matchup than Maryland?

Original 2020 Wisconsin Schedule

Screen-Shot-2017-09-12-at-2.12.21-PM.png

the big ten changed the first game for every single team

Wisconsin plays the exact same conference teams as originally assigned by the conference years ago this year with the exception of Maryland

now tell me --- in the ninth game of the season when crossovers occur - do you think Wisconsin is going to have a tougher matchup than Maryland?

Original 2020 Wisconsin Schedule

Screen-Shot-2017-09-12-at-2.12.21-PM.png

Wisconsin should have been playing Indiana first game no need to change that game and play Illinois when they were suppose to play Indiana..They should have played Illinois on Dec 5th.
Easy Peezy.

Wisconsin should have been playing Indiana first game no need to change that game and play Illinois when they were suppose to play Indiana..They should have played Illinois on Dec 5th.
Easy Peezy.

My god .... Why on earth would it matter when Wisconsin happens to play Indiana?

Reactions: Flick2.0
kbi321, Ask yourself this.

Why did the B1G schedule these games to start the season years ago in the first place???

Why did the B1G schedule these games to start the season years ago in the first place???

I highly doubt there is some big master plan that is so fragile that it completely falls apart if Wisconsin happens to open the season with Illinois rather than Indiana ..
the only game that is set is OSU and Michigan

I highly doubt there is some big master plan that is so fragile that it completely falls apart if Wisconsin happens to open the season with Illinois rather than Indiana ..
the only game that is set is OSU and Michigan

typical of you to avoid the question you know darn well the right thing to do would’ve had Nebraska and Purdue and Wisconsin Indiana playing.You can’t even answer that question honestly because of your hatred toward Nebraska.

Reactions: bshirt73
typical of you to avoid the question you know darn well the right thing to do would’ve had Nebraska and Purdue and Wisconsin Indiana playing.You can’t even answer that question honestly because of your hatred toward Nebraska.

maybe they changed the Nebraska game because they want OSU to make the CFP and they wanted to give them the biggest cup cake possible to start the season

my answer is it doesn’t matter when the teams play and there was no ulterior motive for the changes (which occurred for every single team) - unless you have a an extraordinarily fragile fan base

all offseason many of the same people were bitching about how difficult the back end of the schedule was - now they are unhappy with the front end

maybe they changed the Nebraska game because they want OSU to make the CFP and they wanted to give them the biggest cup cake possible to start the season

my answer is it doesn’t matter when the teams play and there was no ulterior motive for the changes (which occurred for every single team) - unless you have a an extraordinarily fragile fan base

all offseason many of the same people were bitching about how difficult the back end of the schedule was - now they are unhappy with the front end
I tend to agree, and with the way the B1G marketed the schedule release all day Saturday with broadcast partners, it's pretty obvious they wanted to have a marquee matchup every single week of the season, if possible.

last year's OSU-NU game was prime time on ABC. regardless of on-field matchup, those are big names and big national draws facing each other to start the season.

the schedule is what it is. last year's was supposed to be easy (it wasn't), this year's was always going to be tougher (we'll see). SOS rankings rarely line up pre-season and post-season.

Reactions: bigboxes and jlb321

The schedule had to be redone because originally the first week of conference games was asynchronous and there were bye weeks built in. If you simply went by chronological order for each team having everyone start on the same date without any bye weeks you ran into circumstances where team x might have been the second team on both team A and Bs schedule.

For instance in the original schedule Rutgers was scheduled to be the conference opener for 2 different teams both OSU and Illinois and Minnesota was the opener for both Iowa and Maryland

The schedule had to be redone because originally the first week of conference games was asynchronous and there were bye weeks built in. If you simply went by chronological order for each team having everyone start on the same date without any bye weeks you ran into circumstances where team x might have been the second team on both team A and Bs schedule.

For instance in the original schedule Rutgers was scheduled to be the conference opener for 2 different teams both OSU and Illinois and Minnesota was the opener for both Iowa and Maryland

Not Nebraska/ Purdue & Indiana and Wisconsin and Iowa and Minnesota was week 3..

Stop your gibberish..

No he just argues to argue regardless of what facts you present to him...He loves changing the goal posts.
😜

In this case he is probably correct.

It has to be extraordinarily difficult to remove a game from every team's schedule, then match up all of teams that had bye weeks on certain days. Then make sure every team plays all of their division opponents. It isn't just as simple as moving everyone down. The season is starting about 2 months late, if you didn't think there were going to be changes, that's a you problem.

In this case he is probably correct.

It has to be extraordinarily difficult to remove a game from every team's schedule, then match up all of teams that had bye weeks on certain days. Then make sure every team plays all of their division opponents. It isn't just as simple as moving everyone down. The season is starting about 2 months late, if you didn't think there were going to be changes, that's a you problem.

Two games were scheduled to start the season from the very get go? after that they could have figured out the rest schedule.. I added the Minnesota and Iowa game because it was the 3rd game.. but the original games to start the season were those two games..They didn’t even take that into consideration. None what so ever..

Iowa could have played Purdue the day they were scheduled to play Minnesota in this schedule..

Last edited:
You are complaining. Stuff happens. Deal with it. Quit regurgitating the same old poor me.

Two games were scheduled to start the season from the very get go? after that they could have figured out the rest schedule.. I added the Minnesota and Iowa game because it was the 3rd game.. but the original games to start the season were those two games..They didn’t even take that into consideration. None what so ever..

Iowa could have played Purdue the day they were scheduled to play Minnesota in this schedule..

But you aren't looking 3 and 4 teams down the line. What makes those 4 teams and 2 games any more important than the rest? They had to blow it up and start from scratch. If Nebraska didn't have a big ten game to start the season, which many people bitched about, you wouldn't even be arguing. You're just pissed because we have to start with tOSU.

Reactions: bigboxes

Not a single SEC team opens the conference season in the revamped schedule with the same conference opponent they were originally scheduled to play - the entire order was redone including their first conf game

Last edited:

Agreed, bad look for the fans/program.

Reactions: c3o
ADVERTISEMENT