ADVERTISEMENT

Quit crying about targeting

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
Firstly, not in a malicious sense. A football sense. Secondly, instead, celebrate it. I for one and many others were just happy to see our team compete and HIT HARD again. Sucked to lose and lose the young men on the field, but I think we will get one bogus suspension overturned this week. Ultimately, we at least stood toe-to-toe against a top 4 team Game One on their field and showed fight to boot. Anyone heard how that concussed “didn’t know where he was anymore” receiver from OSU was doing? I know he will be fine, but when is the last time we were knocking people out like that? It’s called physical football and as we get more of the right guys on the field it is what wins games.

Last edited:
Not a good post. Do we want to be the old Raiders of the 90s, making a bunch of cheap shots and feeling good about themselves but still losing most of the games? Andy Dalton was about killed today from a dirty shot to the head. Totally unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually died from one of these hits soon

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Not a good post. Do we want to be the old Raiders of the 90s, making a bunch of cheap shots and feeling good about themselves but still losing most of the games? Andy Dalton was about killed today from a dirty shot to the head. Totally unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually died from one of these hits soon
Good thing Nebraska didn’t do anything remotely close to dirty Saturday. Those were complete garbage calls, that no one else in this conference gets.

Firstly, not in a malicious sense. A football sense. Secondly, instead, celebrate it. I for one and many others were just happy to see our team compete and HIT HARD again. Sucked to lose and lose the young men on the field, but I think we will get one bogus suspension overturned this week. Ultimately, we at least stood toe-to-toe against a top 4 team Game One on their field and showed fight to boot. Anyone heard how that concussed “didn’t know where he was anymore” receiver from OSU was doing? I know he will be fine, but when is the last time we were knocking people out like that? It’s called physical football and as we get more of the right guys on the field it is what wins games.
I don’t think it’s so much crying over just targeting. It’s more so the way the BIG 10 refs seem to be gunning for us. 8-9 penalties for almost 100 yards vs 1 for OSU and what...10 yards? Like Kurt Warner said in a tweet, “come on stripes, OSU doesnt need your guys help” or something along those lines. It makes it that much harder to play teams like OSU, Wisconsin, PSU, Iowa and teams like that and have to over come the refs that call us for anything we do or don’t do on top of that.

I don’t think it’s so much crying over just targeting. It’s more so the way the BIG 10 refs seem to be gunning for us. 8-9 penalties for almost 100 yards vs 1 for OSU and what...10 yards? Like Kurt Warner said in a tweet, “come on stripes, OSU doesnt need your guys help” or something along those lines. It makes it that much harder to play teams like OSU, Wisconsin, PSU, Iowa and teams like that and have to over come the refs that call us for anything we do or don’t do on top of that.
AND rewatch the game. Look at their spots vs ours. Many times ours was a yard short of where it should have been

Great point.. Been since at least Nathan Gerry.

Reactions: blackshirts25
The call on Taylor-Britt was frustrating because of the mild level of contact, but I totally understand why the call was confirmed. It was almost like a training film on how to use the crown of your helmet to earn an ejection, without delivering much of a hit.

My frustration with the Williams call is that it drew a flag from every damned official on the field, while the same type of hit in the Penn State game drew zero flags and was deemed perfectly legal upon review.

Your fan base is a bunch of whiners with the officials. And if your coach isn't named Frost he would be run out of town. He has not done a good job as a coach as of time he has been there.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Your fan base is a bunch of whiners with the officials. And if your coach isn't named Frost he would be run out of town. He has not done a good job as a coach as of time he has been there.
Piss off. I can’t even imagine how your trashy fan base would react in this situation.

Someone help me out with the calls. Are the targeting calls made by the crew on the field or a different group somewhere else watching the replay?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT